PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights game
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tonights game  (Read 4516 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights game
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 10:24:36 PM »

iirc it was Luke Horrocks who was sent off with ?Chris Senior on boxing day at moss lane

markecky

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »

Just back.

Ref was very over fussy for both teams..bit of a "look at me" kind of guy.

Poor Alty performance against a tidy Northwich side who looked more up for it than they did last Christmas.

Not really many positives to be honest..a dull night for the purist I would have thought.

Alex

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »

Give McMannus a contract, beautiful challenge

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 12:24:39 AM »

Was not going to go tonight....did not want to give the robdogs £7. Despicable club.........but some of the good news signings of late made me change my mind and set off at 7.10pm.

Poor game and I thought Vics looked quite good and were 'up for it'.

The sending off was not necessary, a bad challenge, but no damage and no reason why in the 80th something minute the player could not be asked to 'leave' the field.

Another jobsworth ref doing his duty, "had no option" blah blah blah, but then fails to send off Bailey for 'hands up' and a two handed push in the chest region one yard in front of him......two wrongs don't make a right, but again where is the logic and consistency from an official that I have been told will be refereeing us next season !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

thegazelle

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:03 AM »

ridiculous sending off in a friendly but you have to recognize the guy must have passion and anyone who kicks a vics player in a friendly is all right with me

mick mcmanus a new alty legend in the making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vic

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:15 AM »

Pretty much agree with the above comments but the ref booked a vics player for very little early on so set his stall out but yes he should really have asked for him to be replaced. Though both keepers were poor tonight, Is coburn still with you as he will make a difference.

joe

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41:50 AM »

Pretty much agree with the above comments but the ref booked a vics player for very little early on so set his stall out but yes he should really have asked for him to be replaced. Though both keepers were poor tonight, Is coburn still with you as he will make a difference.

I too was surprised about the Vics player getting an early booking,the ref made a rod for his own back with that one and therefor i wasn't overly surprised to see him dismiss Paul McManus. Maybe he forgot he was officiating a friendly.Vics looked a decent outfit and were far more up for it than Alty. I have to disagree about Russell Saunders,i thought he had a decent game although he's unlikely to start the season with us as i believe Stuart Coburn will be fit for action very soon.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 09:29:30 AM »

a bright start was let down then by lack of drive from midfield, we didnt create enough and the ball just didnt stick up front. still how many times will we really be playing so offensively away from home this season?
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights game