PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Jennings to Kettering
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: James Jennings to Kettering  (Read 4942 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Jenga

Re: James Jennings to Kettering
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »

A good signing for them, he was class when he was with us.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 02:40:35 PM »

He'll do a great job for them and I predict he'll move back into the league very soon (however, not with Kettering as their ground is pants).
Come on Alty!

The Red Baron

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »

I'm gutted to hear this news. JJ is class and this is an unbelieveable signing for Kettering. Why couldn't we have signed him?! Money again I suppose. The Macc fans all know it was a bad decision letting him go, and I expect him to go on to greater things.

JT

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 10:28:55 PM »

Why couldn't we have signed him?!

The truth is, is that on saturday James Jennings had agreed to play for Altrincham FC next season, shook on a deal with GH.  To then phone GH a few days later and inform him that he was going to Kettering instead.  As you can imagine leaving Graham very frustrated and in my opinion very poor form by JJ.  No place for him at our club.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 12:51:16 AM »

The truth is, is that on saturday James Jennings had agreed to play for Altrincham FC next season, shook on a deal with GH.  To then phone GH a few days later and inform him that he was going to Kettering instead.  As you can imagine leaving Graham very frustrated and in my opinion very poor form by JJ.  No place for him at our club.

Poor form certainly, but quite understandable.

I presume he's getting more money from Kettering. I'm not sure it's fair to be that annoyed when (I'd imagine) most of us would take a higher paying job if it was offered.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »

If this is true, then it is very unprofessional of the club.
GH should have got him sign a contract then and there, a shake of the hand is not worth the paper it's written on.

joe

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 07:52:09 AM »

How do we know this is true? I'm not saying it's not true but does anyone know who JT is and is his information reliable?

markecky

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »

I hope its true....I have just been on effergies.com and ordered a lifesize one for the gold road.  No refunds.

If its true then its a bit sad but Kettering will have been more money and full time.  Honour means little to footballers in my experience.

JT

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 08:35:57 AM »

How do we know this is true? I'm not saying it's not true but does anyone know who JT is and is his information reliable?

Ballers knows me and I played for the Supporters team a few years ago, and seeing as I know Graham and Mandy, I'm pretty sure its true ;)

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 08:44:44 AM »

On the plus side of all this.......

We still have Matt Doughty at left back, he has a great season last year. Although you could argue that Matt or JJ could have pushed up to left midfield.

We are clearly looking for quality players to come to the club.

When I met GH when I was purchasing my season ticket he said we will only be looking at 4 kids to sign, so I see this as promising that we are looking at players of JJ's quality still.

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 08:56:06 AM »

There must be a fair number of young players of decent ability released by the likes of Crewe, Macc, County, Bury, Rochdale who we'd have a chance of signing up. I'm hopeful that we'll get more bodies in and that at least one or two of them might establish themselves.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »

His decision will probably be as much to do with full time football as anything else.

Good luck to the lad, it's just one of those things.

As Jimmy Hill pointed out, I think most of us would have done the same thing if given a better offer.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »

Confirmed on the main site.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JT

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 03:39:21 PM »

Trust me now?!

I also know of 2 pieces of information, but i'm not allowed to disclose them right now! i'm sure the news will appear soon!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 James Jennings to Kettering