News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Little for Assistant Manager?

Author Topic: Colin Little for Assistant Manager?  (Read 1482 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:09:57 AM »

Obviously we are happy with the assistant manager we already have, and if he should get called away to higher places Kenny McKenna would be a fantastic choice.
However, I reckon Col as player/assistant manager would be great for the club and its' supporters as well.
Has he said anything about what he would like to do when he retires? What a combination GH and Col would be!!

fuertes

Re: Colin Little for Assistant Manager?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »

Not a bad idea at all - he is a coach at Crewe though, would he have the time to do both jobs?

Jenga

Re: Colin Little for Assistant Manager?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:15:28 AM »

In my mind we need fresh ideas, I am not a great believer of players moving to management/coaching roles within the same club. I have no objections for him to move away and come back a few years down the line though.

Not only is it for fresh ideas to be bring someone in but players moving to management/coaching can sometimes be difficult for them to  adjust from a professionalism point of view from being one of the boys to being senior (it is the same in any walk of life). It can also be difficult for the existing players to adjust as well.

However it may be that Col already does some coaching at Alty and so the transition may not be as great. However for me I think we need someone fresh like GB was when he came in and lets face it, changed alot for the better (which is his job to do and why managers have assistants and coaches, so not a slure on GH)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team