PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Barrow
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Graham Barrow  (Read 9858 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Barrow
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »

Talking off oink-ment.................Nantwich Town's hotshot striker Michael Lennon (one of the Unibond's top scorers) has been diagnosed with Swine Flu...........Not joking. He has been confined to his home for 2 weeks but has today been allowed outside by his doctor
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »

I tried to call him on the phone but all I got was crackling.

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

I tried to call him on the phone but all I got was crackling.

I am pig sick about this to be honest.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »

I'm sow sick of it now it's becoming a boar!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »

I understood that Colin is a Level 3 coach whiich is the UEFA 'B' licence - and having done part one myself I can tell that it is no mean feat.
I would have not doubt at all that Colin would be a good coach, although it does not always follow that good players make good coaches. However as far as we are concerned Colin has all the right attributes - knows the game, conference, local area, loyal to Alty through and through and before I get to mention - he is a legend at Alty!!!!
My only concern is that I believe that GH needs his assistant by his side as sometimes he needs someone to calm him down - I woudl point out that I am GH fan and would not want anyone else as our leader at present.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 06:41:18 PM »

Talking off oink-ment.................Nantwich Town's hotshot striker Michael Lennon (one of the Unibond's top scorers) has been diagnosed with Swine Flu...........Not joking. He has been confined to his home for 2 weeks but has today been allowed outside by his doctor

Dont tell porkies!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »

GH needs his assistant by his side as sometimes he needs someone to calm him down

In all fairness, GB didn't spend his time during games calming GH down, he just brought a lot to the table in terms of his tactical nouse and football knowledge.

I hope we are not found wanting next season if and when he moves on......

Come on Alty!

radcliffe alty

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »

To me, if he does go, it will be a loss. However I think this can be mitigated by a few points:

1. There should be no shortage of takers for the vacant position. There must be a great number of qualit, local coaches - including Mad Dog and Ken McKenna, Colin, Ged Kielty etc - who would jump at the chance of working in the 'top flight', under a man in GH who has unrivalled knowledge and experience of non-league football.

2. I'm sure GB will sort out some sort of tie up with Wigan for (a) a first team friendly and (b) access to some decent loan players in our weaker positions. And probably in a way that doesn't hurt the club financially. So becoming weaker off the field may mean we can become a bit stronger/pacier on it.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »

It's not the best of comparisons, but Manchester United have changed assistants several times over recent years e.g. Archie Knox, Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren, Walter Smith, Carlos Querez, Mike Phelan.

On each occasion there was dissappointment that a good guy was leaving and things might go downhill. On each occasion the assistant was replaced with yet another good guy.
We have to hope that the same thing happens - why wouldn't it ?

If GB is leaving, and I say if, then we wish him well and hope to see him around. At a fans forum he once said that he thought the chances of getting back into league football were slim, so this is a great opportunity for him. Let's hope he can allow GH to get us some great loan players in as others have said
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 02:04:09 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

joe

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »

The main difference is Man Utd were a decent side anyway where as we were gash before Graham Barrow came in.

thegazelle

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »

he sent me an email about it and said he caught it from a tinned meat product,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, turned out it was just spam
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Barrow