PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not So Friendlies
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Not So Friendlies  (Read 10935 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Not So Friendlies
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »

Should be interesting. Not played you since the cheshire senior Cup final in 2000 have we?

Incorrect.

On 15th January 2002, we beat the Milkmen 2-0 in a Cheshire Senior Cup Semi-Final at Moss Lane.

Anyhow, Silkyman, how many of your lot will be renewing their season tickets for another dose of Keith Alexander's much-maligned hoofball then?

I see that his latest signing is some 6ft 4 inch ogre from Lincoln, so it doesn't look like he'll be adopting the principles of total football at the Moss Rose next season...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fuertes

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »

Didn't I read somwhere that season tickets at Macclesfield are some of the most expensive in the Football League? It's a big ask when you're watching, well, mildly effective crap...

Silkyman23

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »

Should be interesting. Not played you since the cheshire senior Cup final in 2000 have we?

Incorrect.

On 15th January 2002, we beat the Milkmen 2-0 in a Cheshire Senior Cup Semi-Final at Moss Lane.

Anyhow, Silkyman, how many of your lot will be renewing their season tickets for another dose of Keith Alexander's much-maligned hoofball then?

I see that his latest signing is some 6ft 4 inch ogre from Lincoln, so it doesn't look like he'll be adopting the principles of total football at the Moss Rose next season...

I'd forgotten about that one.

We've sold over 500 so far, which is about the same as last season. The back end of the season we actually played some nice football, but when people get something into their heads, they don't let it go. I heard people shouting 'hoof' at 30 yard passes along the ground!

According to Lincoln fans, Ben Wright's biggest strength is getting on the end of through-balls and isn't great in the air for a big lad. John Rooney can supply him with plenty of those. We'll see. And so, I suppose, will you!

Silkyman23

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »

Didn't I read somwhere that season tickets at Macclesfield are some of the most expensive in the Football League? It's a big ask when you're watching, well, mildly effective crap...

Dunno where you got that from. We're at the lower end of the scale on ticket prices. Some people like Bradford sell ST's for £130, but they can do that when they are selling 12,000!

Not to mention it's only £50 for U16s and free for anyone under 12!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 05:23:27 PM »

Dunno where you got that from. We're at the lower end of the scale on ticket prices. Some people like Bradford sell ST's for £130, but they can do that when they are selling 12,000!

Not to mention it's only £50 for U16s and free for anyone under 12!
However if you divide the cost by the quality of football they are the most expensive in the league
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Silkyman23

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 09:25:26 PM »

The LEAGUE being the operative word......  ;D

More than 550 now, BTW...

York Alty

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 11:14:04 PM »

LEAGUE won't be the operative word much longer.  So long as all the clubs start with nil points I safely predict you will struggle...as per normal.  You should start with -20 for your rather dodgy dealings re. finance for your ground.  There was something a bit smelly about that as I recall.

Macclesscumfield - another place that should be closed demolished.  Send in the B52s.

markecky

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 11:18:42 PM »

Macclesscumfield - another place that should be closed demolished.  Send in the B52s.

Indeed...love shack..thats where its at...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not So Friendlies