News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jackie Swindells memorabilia wanted

Author Topic: Jackie Swindells memorabilia wanted  (Read 2912 times)

Swindells60

« on: May 07, 2009, 12:51:07 AM »

If anyone on here has photos of Jackie Swindells or other Swindells memorabilia could they possibly e-mail them to "swinny60@hotmail.co.uk" as I am trying to compile a scrap book to present to him later this year.  The only photo I seem able to find is the one where he looks like he is reclining on an opposition defender.  Any memories or messages would also be welcome as I am sure he would like to hear from Altrincham fans.
I do know he was a little overcome by the reception he received on his recent trip to the Kidderminster game and had an extremely enjoyable 72nd birthday.  He was also humbled that two of the younger fans would want his autograph or even know who he is. As for the fan who said they didn't speak to him as they were in awe of him - he would have been delighted to chat and disbelieving that anyone would be in awe of him.  If you want an autograph or whatever feel free to e-mail me and I will endeavour to  contact him to sort it for you.  He would be delighted I am sure.

To anyone who mails photos etc - thanks in advance.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jackie Swindells memorabilia wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »

Please see <------ for reclining on defender!   I have a head and shoulders shot of him from the front cover of Alty v New Brighton first game of 67-8 season but nothing more unfortunately.

I have a potential fund raising for the club.  If we find a great action shot of Sir Jackie, we produce a limited addition of (say) 50 which we ask the great man to sign.  We then selll them for £20 each.

We then repeat the idea for other great Alty moments: (see much earlier thread from Gazelle)

Kingy ripping his shirt off at Wembey
Jeff wheeling away in celbration after White HArt Lane equaliserr
John Hughes v Everton
etc.

This would of course require tracking down the legends and getting their autographs.

The idea came to me after visitng the IT Director of M&S (a Spurs fan) who has exactly the above for Gazz'a free kick at Wembley (but I bet he paid more than £20 for it!)

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »

Please see <------ for reclining on defender!   I have a head and shoulders shot of him from the front cover of Alty v New Brighton first game of 67-8 season but nothing more unfortunately.

I have a potential fund raising for the club.  If we find a great action shot of Sir Jackie, we produce a limited addition of (say) 50 which we ask the great man to sign.  We then selll them for £20 each.

We then repeat the idea for other great Alty moments: (see much earlier thread from Gazelle)

Kingy ripping his shirt off at Wembey
Jeff wheeling away in celbration after White HArt Lane equaliserr
John Hughes v Everton
etc.

This would of course require tracking down the legends and getting their autographs.

The idea came to me after visitng the IT Director of M&S (a Spurs fan) who has exactly the above for Gazz'a free kick at Wembley (but I bet he paid more than £20 for it!)

Cracking idea. Have a goodwin!

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »

Great idea, I'll have to stump up from photos.

Just done a bit of research, Trafford BC have an acrhive of old local newspapers... they have

Altrincham, Bowdon & Hale Guardian
 Jan 1904 - Dec 1969 
Altrincham Guardian
 January 1970 - October 1982 then continued as Altrincham and Sale Guardian

How about someone over there (I'm in Nottingham) taking a look and seeing if we can get Jack a couple of facsiimlies .There were always great headlines and photos. Also someone up there might know where the original photos/negatives are.

With some decent kit even copies from the newspapers might produce great images - anyway, done well reproductions  would convey the sense of history from those great days.

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

Altrincham Guardian Jan 1970 to Oct. 1982, then Altrincham & Sale Guardian from Nov. 1982-Jul.1990.  Both of these papers are on micro-film and freely available to the public.  We also have a photographic database, TRAFFORD LIFETIMES, this can be accessed through google or www.trafford.gov.uk .  We also have many more photographs that are not on the database, which can be made available with some notice, (that is providing we have the ones you require).  The hours of opening are as follows:-
Monday         9.00-7.30
Tuesday        9.00-5.00
Wednesday   9.00-5.00
Thursday       9.00-7.30
Friday           9.00-5.00
Saturday       9.00-4.00

Hope this will be of some help.
Regards
Margaret

Trafford Local Studies
Access Trafford
Waterside
Sale
M33 7ZF

Telephone 0161 912 3013
e mail trafflocals@trafford.gov.uk

Swindells60

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »

If you provide the photos, with assurances that all profit goes to Altrincham FC I will get as many signed  by Jackie Swindells as you wish.  Please be aware that his handwriting is rather shaky these days, but still clearly legible!
Best to contact me on my email address above.
Thanks

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:26:27 AM »

Is there someone Alty based that could co-ordinate such a task?  (says he from 200 miles distant)

thegazelle

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »

i will buy one and will buy some other photo's for the shrine i am creating,
yours from 3,000 miles away

Swindells60

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 12:49:42 AM »

Surely someone out there must have something about Jackie Swindells, be it match report newspaper cuttings/photographs.  Will try to get to the libraries suggested by one poster, but not sure I would want to contribute to a shriine however many miles from Altrincham someone maybe.  The legends signed photographs would seem a good idea though - wy not get the marketing department at the club on the case. Sure I can speak for Jackie when I say he would be delighted to help raise funds for the club!!
Still desperate for memorabilia so if you do have some please get in touch - even if you don't want to part with it - e-mail address as in first post!  Thanks

markecky

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 09:22:52 AM »

Surely someone out there must have something about Jackie Swindells, be it match report newspaper cuttings/photographs.  Will try to get to the libraries suggested by one poster, but not sure I would want to contribute to a shriine however many miles from Altrincham someone maybe.  The legends signed photographs would seem a good idea though - wy not get the marketing department at the club on the case. Sure I can speak for Jackie when I say he would be delighted to help raise funds for the club!!
Still desperate for memorabilia so if you do have some please get in touch - even if you don't want to part with it - e-mail address as in first post!  Thanks

Are you a friend of the Swindells family?

Swindells60

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »

I have know the Swindells family well for many years. 
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team