PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Only 13 fit players tonight!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Only 13 fit players tonight!!  (Read 33248 times)

penfold

Re: Only 13 fit players tonight!!
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »

Im very disapointed with tonights result, I thought after a tidy performance against Crawley a point against a team 10 points below us and fighting in a relagation battle would have been repectable. Its not as if we were outplayed it was a 50 50 game, where we had chances, but failed to capitalise. Now I can understand the lads are going to be cream crackered, you could see that in the last 15mins agaist Crawley, and only having 13 fit players tonight with Dale going off at half time certainly didn't help us. But what is worrying me is the amount of games we are playing where points are avalible but we are not taking our chances, I hope that does not bite us come May. We are certainly better this year than the relegation places, no worse then 15th place.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2009, 11:21:13 PM »

I pretty much agree with CP. We deserved at least a point tonight. I am disappointed with the result but I thought we played  well especially with our limited resources.
We were awful in the first 10 minutes and paid the price after 2 warnings from a very lively attack.
However we got better as the game went on and we were the better team in the second half.
Sure we had chances, but not many that were clear cut - certainly none like the glaring miss Ebbsfleet made in the very first minute.
I know that many of you dont want to hear criticism of Refs but this woman was comical and gave us nothing until it was time to try and balance a game of one sided decisions - her male assistant was actually worse. Forget PC - the one thing she did tonight was to reiterate that a womans place is not playing in a man's sport.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2009, 12:59:50 AM »

I know that many of you dont want to hear criticism of Refs but this woman was comical and gave us nothing until it was time to try and balance a game of one sided decisions - her male assistant was actually worse. Forget PC - the one thing she did tonight was to reiterate that a womans place is not playing in a man's sport.

I thought Amy Raynor was poor, however I didn't think that she was any poorer than the usual standard of officiating in the Conference. I certainly didn't think her poor performance was anything to do with being a woman, why would it?

You've already said that her male assistant was worse than her, was this because he was a man?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2009, 01:10:22 PM »

- the one thing she did tonight was to reiterate that a womans place is not playing in a man's sport.

[/quote]

The mind boggles!

When I got over the embarrassment that a fellow supporter of my Club not only holds but publicly states such medieval views I relaxed just a touch and thought maybe I was being a bit judgemental.

So, this being a forum and therefore a place for discussion and debate can I ask Redhill Alty to enlighten us all on why, in his opinion, there is no place for a women in playing (although I assume he means refereeing) what he refers (incorrectly) to as a mans sport.

Thanks in anticipation

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »

I think there is place for women in football, be it  playing football and officiating football matches.

That being in women's football.

Plus she looked God aweful last night in that shapeless top and her hair scraped back in to a "stretford facelift" 

Very admirable of her,but she shouldn't be reffing senior male football matches,the football league clubs dont accept it,so why should the conference be devalued and used for these experiments .

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2009, 01:31:45 PM »

Women have no right being at a football match!!!!!!! :-[

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2009, 03:33:48 PM »

However good/bad last night's ref was, the man running the line at our end in the second half was an absolute disgrace!
Come on Alty!

joe

Only 13
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2009, 03:41:54 PM »

Roaring at the 'stretford facelift' Pete

Longman

« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »

I think there is place for women in football, be it  playing football and officiating football matches.

Plus she looked God aweful last night in that shapeless top and her hair scraped back in to a "stretford facelift" 

Very admirable of her,but she shouldn't be reffing senior male football matches,the football league clubs dont accept it,so why should the conference be devalued and used for these experiments .

Completely agree.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »

I was actually not trying to cause anything here other than debate.

The football league clubs seem to have no objection to the two female assistants on the national list (except that is for Mike Newell) one of whom will make the national referees list at some point, okay maybe not one of the current two but one will.

In all honesty Pete, why do you class it as 'experiment' or devaluing the Conference.

I can understand that some people don't agree with female officials as a matter of principle but am still honestly and genuinely interested in whether there is some sort of supporting evidence for this standpoint.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

Hughesey has answered this for me.
Mix sex football has an age restriction of under 11,s - this is not a "medevil" rule and the FA made it, not me. And its there for obvious reasons that should not be bent just to be pc or for tokenism. I certainly do not have any objection to Women's teams in Football or in any sport for that matter.
I have no problem with women being involved in some aspects of Football played by males, but not on the pitch. There are some women that have done/still do good jobs for the benefit of Alty and they are appreciated. Keith was looking for help with the snackbar. Or why not have a woman boss of the Alty Stewards?
Maybe me, Rocky and the Gazelle should join the Princesses Ballet dancing group.

On thinking of last night's match, one of the main problems that ref had was that in my opinion Ebbsfleet players took advantage, pushed their luck (and got away withit) and wasted an enourmous amount of time - way beyond the 4 mins she added on. In effect she did not have control of officiating so the game was a fair contest.

bighairedmike

« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2009, 04:33:22 PM »

This really.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2009, 04:43:46 PM »

I was actually not trying to cause anything here other than debate.

The football league clubs seem to have no objection to the two female assistants on the national list (except that is for Mike Newell) one of whom will make the national referees list at some point, okay maybe not one of the current two but one will.

In all honesty Pete, why do you class it as 'experiment' or devaluing the Conference.

I can understand that some people don't agree with female officials as a matter of principle but am still honestly and genuinely interested in whether there is some sort of supporting evidence for this standpoint.

I felt she was put under pressure last night by the ebbsfleet players,and they were taking the piss out of her "Authority" on numerous occasions, like the number 6 who simply refused to move until he was ready to do so, when we had a free kick near the end, despite her telling him constantly to move.They knew they could push the boundries with her,and thats where my problem is. Ive seen evidence of players behaving differently on previous occasions aswell, one being a northwich v stevenage game I saw her officiate,where neither side had little or any respect for the wishes/demands of the ref.

Plus how many times a week is her poor husband supposed to have to shell out money on a takeaway?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »

Mix sex football has an age restriction of under 11,s - this is not a "medevil" rule and the FA made it, not me. And its there for obvious reasons that should not be bent just to be pc or for tokenism. I certainly do not have any objection to Women's teams in Football or in any sport for that matter.

The rule concerning mixed football doesn't really have any relevance to the issue of refereeing. It's about physical strength and size, above a certain (very low) minimum these factors aren't really relevant for refereeing.

On thinking of last night's match, one of the main problems that ref had was that in my opinion Ebbsfleet players took advantage, pushed their luck (and got away withit) and wasted an enourmous amount of time - way beyond the 4 mins she added on. In effect she did not have control of officiating so the game was a fair contest.

I've seen plenty of (male) officials that don't have control of players, this is just because they're not very good at refereeing.

I'm not sure how we can go from the premise that Amy Raynor is not a very good referee (which I agree with) to the conclusion that Amy Raynor is not a very good referee because she's a woman.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2009, 05:21:09 PM »

I have no problem with women being involved in some aspects of Football played by males, but not on the pitch. There are some women that have done/still do good jobs for the benefit of Alty and they are appreciated. Keith was looking for help with the snackbar. Or why not have a woman boss of the Alty Stewards?
Maybe me, Rocky and the Gazelle should join the Princesses Ballet dancing group.

FFS  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Only 13 fit players tonight!!