PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely woeful!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Absolutely woeful!!  (Read 7421 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely woeful!!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 06:36:05 PM »

No dig intended at you Leon,just a general view about us these days.
Harold

markecky

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 07:42:35 PM »

They were stil locked in the dressing room at 5:50

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 07:53:24 PM »

They were stil locked in the dressing room at 5:50

In a bizarre sort of way this is pleasing to hear.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the whole sorry affair had never taken place, but it is good to hear they were given a major rollocking.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »

During the second half today everytime I looked over to the dugouts GH was just stood there with his arms folded leaning on the wall.. I sometimes have to question the tactics of this team as every time we get in front we take our foot off the pedal (is that coming from the bench)... We did the same last week against Weymouth and dare I say had we been playing against a better team than Weymouth would  the same situation as today have occured..

The regular fans of this club are all too well aware of the financial plight and we do not need reminding week in and week out by Management and the Board   that there is no money and support is dropping off... its the people of Altrincham and surrounding districts that do not watch Alty that need persuading to come to ML not the people who are there every week..

The way the team capitulated in the second half today was quite worrying.. We will need to play a lot better on Monday night to lift the CSC.. OK its "Only" the CSC but lets hope the team give us something to cheer about and win it..

It would be nice to drive back to Shrewsbury with a bloody smile on my face for once...

Dissapointed today?   very much so,, but hey I will still be there on Mon night and next Saturday..

Cmon Alty....

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

No dig intended at you Leon,just a general view about us these days.

Not taken as one. I just feel that, as poor as our second half performance was, FGR probably had one of those games when everything suddenly clicked. Fowler in midfield for them passed the ball quite superbly. And the third goal was an outstanding strike.

Its weird but I'm not as upset by today as I normally would be. And I think it's because I felt it as more about how good they were than how bad we were in the second half. We were bad though, clearly.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »

In fairness, whilst these are all points that you could look at over the season I was in the main stand today and point a is very unfair.

In order

GH must start to look at the way he a) berates officials which sets them against us

the pressurising of the officials today was done by Jim Harvey, he completely undermined the 4th officials authority by refusing to stay in his technical area. He should have been sent to the stands. The player feigning injury so that Lawless (?) could change his boots as well as the pathetic play acting summarised some of the negative aspects of fgrs performance today. i don't htink they need to do that.

and b) constantly gets into the heads of our players by shouting instructions that cause confusion rather than build on strategy.

As a manager the aim is to not have to shout anything because the players are doing their jobs. Normally there is either a lot of shouting because they players aren't doing their jobs, and at times if they just won't do it you're better off saving your breath for another day (like 2nd half)

c) perhaps changing his strategy of having ALL the players back for corners with no option outfield.

I'm not a fan of it either.

wonderstuff

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »

No wonder crowds are dwindling! Don't think the chairmans comments in the press this week will have helped much though,sends out totally the wrong message. No doubt people will try and blame the ref again but surely it's not his fault we shipped five second half goals! That result has put us right in the relegation mix.

I agree it was a woeful performance, but Alty aren't in the relegation yet. I just hope the lads can pick themselves up, learn from this harsh lesson, and put in a bloody good performance against Crawley Town, which they are capable of doing.
I still think Alty are going to stay in the BS prem, but I hope they don't take it to the wire.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »

Fowler in midfield for them passed the ball quite superbly. And the third goal was an outstanding strike.

Fowler was superb for them, that was noted elsewhere. We tried to sign him a while back actually.

I also thought their number 3 (Stonehouse), small baldish guy playing left back/wing was absolutely superb. Excellent on the ball (I remember him playing well v Derby too).

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »

I think we will stay up this year, but next season.....?

It looks likely that we will all have to get used to afternoons like this for some time to come.
That is the worst display I have seen since we let in 7 at home,to I think it was Stafford, in the late eighties.

markecky

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »

Nest season will see a lot of clubs coming to our level.

I heard yesterday that FGR will go part time next year

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 09:37:16 AM »

It looks likely,following our chairman's recent comments,that he
doesn't want to get used to Saturdays like these.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 12:21:51 PM »

I also thought their number 3 (Stonehouse), small baldish guy playing left back/wing was absolutely superb. Excellent on the ball (I remember him playing well v Derby too).

I agree, although he was the guy that Johnson had a lot of joy against in the away game and that combination also led to our second goal.

For such an accomplished footballing side, their defending in the first quarter of the game was remarkably bad.

fuertes

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 06:36:21 PM »

The concession of five goals in a half is diabolical. However, I'm 99% sure we'll be safe this year. We've still got a few home games, plus we've got Lewes away, if we can't pick up a few more points then I'll eat my hat.

Although it's easy to forget with the way things have gone recently, it also bodes well that Col has had a little rest and is now back and firing on all cylinders. Earlier in the season our main problem was a lack of goals...

Stockportalty

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »

The reason GH was leaning against the fence with his arms folded was because he knew it was a waste of time shouting instructions, the damage had been done and the players were just running around like headless chickens.
FGR learned very quickly how to 'play' the referee, they knew exactly what they had to do to get decisions going their way, we didn't, we just fell for all their tricks, including, it has to be said, the off-side tactics.The player that was with Greg Young when he got booked, and that gave them their penalty knew exactly what he was doing.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 03:05:33 PM »

The reason GH was leaning against the fence with his arms folded was because he knew it was a waste of time shouting instructions, the damage had been done and the players were just running around like headless chickens.
FGR learned very quickly how to 'play' the referee, they knew exactly what they had to do to get decisions going their way, we didn't, we just fell for all their tricks, including, it has to be said, the off-side tactics.The player that was with Greg Young when he got booked, and that gave them their penalty knew exactly what he was doing.

Well in that case I hope both the manager and team show more passion and fight tonight !!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely woeful!!