PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely woeful!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Absolutely woeful!!  (Read 7423 times)

joe

Absolutely woeful!!
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »

No wonder crowds are dwindling! Don't think the chairmans comments in the press this week will have helped much though,sends out totally the wrong message. No doubt people will try and blame the ref again but surely it's not his fault we shipped five second half goals! That result has put us right in the relegation mix.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely woeful!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »

No wonder crowds are dwindling! Don't think the chairmans comments in the press this week will have helped much though,sends out totally the wrong message. No doubt people will try and blame the ref again but surely it's not his fault we shipped five second half goals! That result has put us right in the relegation mix.

1 win and one draw is probably all it will take but thats not guarenteed after second half surrender today

ant

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:28:34 PM »

1 win and one draw is probably all it will take but thats not guarenteed after second half surrender today

Totally agree with you.  4 points will be hard to find and that 2nd half was the worst performance from us all season.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »

They outplayed us for 88 minutes of the game!!
I thought we were lucky to keep in single figures.
What a nightmare!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »

Playing like we apparently did today in the 2nd half it s impossible to see how we might get another 4 points....  :'(

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »

The team were rubbish in the second half, but the comedy refereeing was disgraceful. If i was playing i think i would have walked off in protest.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »

The team were rubbish in the second half, but the comedy refereeing was disgraceful. If i was playing i think i would have walked off in protest.

The referee did not cost us the game we did that ourself a very poor team performance today- and a deserved straight red
ParkINson's red and white army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

I am still shell shocked by all this today,i bet poor old col is gutted he does his bit and then is let down.Johnson was giving away to many freekicks from what i read on the BBC text.Dont really care if someone say the ref was poor or not,i dont think it would have made a difference,we were rubbish second half and Smith and Brown were at each othe all game by the sound of things and it was just a matter of time before the red card came out.They are not school kids and should know better.They do get paid for this sort of stuff after all.A real Pixxed off excile
Harold

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »

Hate to say it but I thought the main thing about today was how good FGR were. Coming forwards, I thought they were the best side I've seen this season and once they'd sorted out their first half defensive problems, there was only one winner. I think they'd have beaten us even if Smith hadn't lost his head.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 05:54:19 PM »

leon lets be honest,most teams are better coming forward than us these days
Harold

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 05:54:50 PM »

completely agree, we cannot blame the ref for shipping 5 goals in the space of 35 minutes. At the end of the day it was us who came out in the second half and just didnt turn up, the ref wasn't even that bad we were just crap, end of.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 05:59:05 PM »

We're sh*t, and we're going down. That's the only 2 conclusions I can come to after today. So at least Geoff Goodwin will be happy.

What does GH say to the players at HT? Twice this season (today and woking) I've seen us come out and be total sh*t after decent first halfs. And whatever Jim Harvey said in his team talk needs to be copied. We cannot hold the ball, we cannot pass, we panic even at 2-0 up at home against a team well below us.

Referee - looked like Simon Le Bon. Refereed like him as well. A total shambles of a display (again) which was in keeping with ourselves.

Embarrassing and disgraceful. No one should be paid this week for that second half display. That'll help with the money problems.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »

GH must start to look at the way he a) berates officials which sets them against us and b) constantly gets into the heads of our players by shouting instructions that cause confusion rather than build on strategy.c) perhaps changing his strategy of having ALL the players back for corners with no option outfield.

We must start to play the ball on the deck out of defence without the long hoof up front which 9 times out of 10 then comes winging back.

FGR played the ball out from their own keeper and maintained possession far better than ourselves.

I'm not a manager but I can see these things as can others, perhaps it's time to change our tactics and we may actually secure the points sooner than we think.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »

leon lets be honest,most teams are better coming forward than us these days

My point was that I thought they were better than the likes of Stevenage, Kidderminster and Histon, whom I've also seen this season. How FGR are in a relegation scrap on that basis of that display, I have no idea.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 06:29:50 PM »

How FGR are in a relegation scrap on that basis of that display, I have no idea.

I thought they looked poor first half, especially at the back. With a little more composure we could have been 3 up. Although even that wouldn't have been enough!

But second half, credit to them for a great turnaround. We made them look very good by being dire. Can you imagine us going in 2 down and producing a second half display like FGR did today? It would never happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely woeful!!