PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future, Moss Lane?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The future, Moss Lane?  (Read 9667 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The future, Moss Lane?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »

I understand that the ground has a restriction only allowing the area to be used for recreational purposes.  If redeveloped the ground should be turned 90 degrees and a bridge built over the brook. see earlier "if you won the lottery post" about 3 years ago.

Has anyone got a quote for this job from Warren Peyton?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »

yep and we could make it a toll bridge that opposition players have to pay to cross

As of now that's my lottery dream

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »

and seeing the success of AFC Telford

Christ, isn't 10.30 in the morning a bit early to be drinking mate?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 08:25:24 PM »

seeing the success of AFC Telford

You do realise that Telford's ground isn't a new ground, but a redeveloped stadium on the same site they've always played on?

What a god awful place it used to be too!
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »

seeing the success of AFC Telford

You do realise that Telford's ground isn't a new ground, but a redeveloped stadium on the same site they've always played on?

What a god awful place it used to be too!

And, a considerable factor in the original Telford club folding and having to reform at the lower level.

Over ambition/and/or a sudden sugar daddy can and does result in tears.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

gunners11

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 11:28:43 PM »

move from moss lane you are kidding me. some of them supports it is a second home to them if you move they will be upset . i use to go when i was a lad some of the older people go it will hurt them brings good memories at alty fc  i remember chester losing to alty  birmingham going out altrincham have had some good  players ken mckenna  paul france mick camody  jeff wealands and so on it will bring a tear tomy eye if alty pack up a go not just to my eye everyone who is a true robin supporter . thats all i got to say 

BE PROUD LIFT THE ALTY CROWD    COME ON WIN ON SATURDAY   

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 07:01:02 AM »

Moss Lane is big enough for our needs, a short walk from the town centre (and therefore the interchange) and in a residential area full of fans and potential fans.  If we were to move then it would no doubt be on the basis of being relocated to some field or the arse end of an industrial estate (ring any bells?) where land is cheaper.

New grounds aren't a novelty anymore, and I don't see how we'd get more fans when any new venue would be harder to get to and in a less populated area.  The one thing Moss Lane is missing is extra hospitality and catering, and whilst a new ground could have that, it would suffer in the ways already described.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 08:53:36 AM »

What the club desperately needs is better ways to raise money from the stadium, And until the club has a proper social club, run along the same lines as a pub,we will always be at a disadvantage. Football ground social clubs across the country will be packed to the rafters from lunch time today,so people can take in the this regions biggest football fixture before attending their own clubs games.Our club will miss out due to not having any facilities to watch the fixture and sufficient room to accommodate large amounts of people comfortably.

Should any money come along I think the thing to do would be to put a seated stand along the popular side at its current height,Build a droylsden styled terrace behind the golf road end,and roof the 20/20 end and put a snack bar in on the 20/20 end similar to the one at the golf road end,but instead of toilets the room at the back would be creating a small roomed area that would be giving away fans somewhere to buy a pint/plastic bottle of carlsberg,before the game and at halftime I would start to use the noel white suite as an executive area/players bar, and build a decent two floored social club in the redundant area of land between the golf road and the pop side in an  L shape. The upstairs could be a function room and be doubled into Executive boxes by removable partitions on match days, i.e serving a meal before people take their seats to watch the game.The downstairs would consist of the usual social club stuff, and have a snooker and pool table. something the area around the ground is lacking since rileys moved.The social club would be open as per a pub and would show ALL live football, thus giving it a name as THE PLACE to watch big games that are on TV,thus encouraging the local residents and townsfolk to contribute to the club by these means.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 09:51:41 AM »

Build a droylsden styled terrace behind the golf road end

Be a sh*t view form there Pete.  :)

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 09:51:36 AM »

The only new ground that would work in increasing attendances would be right next to the trafford centre and highly visible from the Barton Bridge. (There are lots of people who live in Alty and don't know where the football ground is).

I'd love to see this happen but failing that a move to some field somewhere would be disastrous.

Re Telfrod I'm amazed they knocked that really big stand down........................the rest of the ground was always a dump though.

baldrick

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »

Moving to a new stadium is never a good idea. Anyone who suggests these things should be covered in honey and poked in the ribs with a snooker cue.

Bazbatteria

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »

Consistant Pop side and main stand incorporating Social function facilities.
Cantelievered Golf and chequers ends.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »

When the plans were on display at the club for the extended main stand (which became the separate stand we have now) and the new roof section on the pop side, I asked about raising the height of the GolF Road end terracing roof and was told there'd be planning restrictions because of the houses on Golf Road itself. Something to do with the height and light and view and so on.

I'd rather see the The Chequers end left open as I quite like standing in the open if the weather's good, although segregation pretty much denies the opportunity. Anyway who wants to stop away fans getting a soaking?

Oh and the pop side centre section was made higher to allow the possibilty of a raised seated section I believe.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:48:51 PM by Ian Harwood »

fuertes

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 08:06:21 AM »

The only new ground that would work in increasing attendances would be right next to the trafford centre and highly visible from the Barton Bridge. (There are lots of people who live in Alty and don't know where the football ground is).

I'd love to see this happen

Why the hell would we want to do that?? That area has nothing to do with Altrincham, the whole plan would have a whiff of the MK Dons about it.

Alex

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 09:06:16 AM »

I'd love to see this happen but failing that a move to some field somewhere would be disastrous.

Would your new ground look somthing like this? :

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future, Moss Lane?