News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ebbsfleet United

Author Topic: Ebbsfleet United  (Read 2205 times)

VofD

Ebbsfleet United
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »

Should Ebbsfleet beat Wrexham tomorrow in the FA trophy replay, then our match away to them on 21st March would be postponed as it is the 2nd leg of the semi-final.
When would be able to fit it in?

baldrick

Re: Ebbsfleet United
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 02:22:46 PM »

GGGGRRRRRrrrrrrr I hate it when they postpone a league game for some tinpot cup. If i had a cat i would kick it. >:( >:( >:( >:(

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 02:56:15 PM »

Tinpot? - shame on you Baldrick

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »

While I agree the FA Trophy gave us as a club some great and memorable moments, I can't help feeling a tad tetchy that due to other clubs replays I've missed my trip to Kettering and potentially now Ebbsfleet. Living down here plus work stuff means I get to few enough as it is. Plus Cambridge away now at 4pm Sunday! At least I can get to Grays  :-\

Great pic by the way.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 03:26:55 PM »

what about this one

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »

i remember that summer they had the trophy on show at my local primary school fete. i couldnt lift the bloody thing (i was 16!)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »

Tinpot? - shame on you Baldrick

Remember the rule: if we are knocked out early it is tinpot; if we do well it is a premium competition!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »

I, personally, am still seething at out spineless performance against Southport, for me the (on pitch) low point of the season.

Southport have played Durham (another easy Necastle Blue Star), an unarsed Torquay, Conference North side Telford and if they get through play York (who we have taken 4 points of this season) and the final against Ebbsfleet who we comfortably beat at Moss Lane and Wrexham who we drew twice with over 2 games (90 mins).

Chances like that do not come along very often. Punching above our weight or not we are currently a mid table conf side and this was a chacne for a real run.

The players (not GH) should be kicking themselves.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »

I, personally, am still seething at out spineless performance against Southport, for me the (on pitch) low point of the season.

Southport have played Durham (another easy Necastle Blue Star), an unarsed Torquay, Conference North side Telford and if they get through play York (who we have taken 4 points of this season) and the final against Ebbsfleet who we comfortably beat at Moss Lane and Wrexham who we drew twice with over 2 games (90 mins).

Chances like that do not come along very often. Punching above our weight or not we are currently a mid table conf side and this was a chacne for a real run.

It was an awful performance

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 11:51:47 PM »

Ballers,

Couldn't agree more.

In Grahame Rowley's column in a recent issue of the Robins Review, he mentioned that a £5,000 shortfall had to be recouped by the club before the end of this season.

Defeating Southport in that FA Trophy tie would have raised that exact sum. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ebbsfleet United