Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nice to see torquay still hold us in high regard!

Author Topic: Nice to see torquay still hold us in high regard!  (Read 2680 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »

After expecting two walkovers last season and then flouncing when it didnt happen,this year when we're actually good,some of them are talking about resting some of their top players on saturday,I hope our lads react to tosh like that and leave them with egg on thier faces again at their tiny little ground!

Your playing a team near the top of the form table,that nearly won away at the best side in this league by a country mile a couple of weeks ago, so why exactly would you rest Tim Sills?

http://torquayunited.talkboards.net/index.php?action=t&t=1201783106

Dougals Dad

Re: Nice to see torquay still hold us in high regard!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »

They should be beating teams like Alty!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:42 PM »

My mate here at work is an Exeter fan,and after exeters win over macc last night,he said the best news was that Torquay lost,no one likes them
Harold

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »

My mate here at work is an Exeter fan,and after exeters win over macc last night,he said the best news was that Torquay lost,no one likes them

I hear they don't care.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

forevertufc

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:42:15 PM »

After expecting two walkovers last season and then flouncing when it didnt happen,this year when we're actually good,some of them are talking about resting some of their top players on saturday,I hope our lads react to tosh like that and leave them with egg on thier faces again at their tiny little ground!

Your playing a team near the top of the form table,that nearly won away at the best side in this league by a country mile a couple of weeks ago, so why exactly would you rest Tim Sills?

http://torquayunited.talkboards.net/index.php?action=t&t=1201783106
ghee why do you guys take everything so personaly ,we like must have a small band of supporters who are a tad arrogant ,like i say chat with wrexham,oxford etc they have more .
many of us have been going on about resting sills for some time ,nothing to do with underestmating alty ,he's been looking tired not scoring and out of confidence ,a rest may do him good.
as a group of fans do we give a second thought to alty no we dont but the same could be said of bigger clubs in the league like wrexham and oxford just the way gulls fans are,
however plainmoor is still one of the safest grounds in the country that away fans can visit ,we alaways extend a warm welcome to our vistors and the same will apply to you guys .
it remains for me to say have a safe journey enjoy the match,torquay  are not  playing to well right now so the result is by no means a foregone conclusion ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:04:14 PM by forevertufc »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 11:19:39 AM »

£15 to get in and £2.50 for a program,wish Alty would charge the same for away fans,i made it about 50 of us in the away end so its not a bad little earner,nice cup of tea though and i must admit everyone from torquay i spoke with was very friendly this time.Last season got some strange remarks to say the least directed towards us as we were walking back to the car,for my 45 minute drive back home.
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »

I think we telegraphed ourintent in the week. This cost us dearly, and we should have been more attack minded and gone at them.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team