PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week  (Read 8220 times)

Butty

Re: Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 08:11:52 PM »

However, surely it would be far more beneficial for them to arrange free travel to one of their home games? Sounds like a stupid, tongue in cheek idea but seriously, why let fans put money into our club when the extra few who may see this offer and take it up could, just as easily pay for a Northwich 'home' game, giving their club an extra hundred quid or so?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 12:14:21 PM »

Quite right Jezza but to suggest, as Hughesy did, that the Trust stump up money to pay off some of the club's local creditors (reality being that they were of MC's making) was just ridiculous and it very much came across as "there's little else to have a go at NVFC about now - especially as their fans agree - so let's start having snide digs at their Trust instead".

As a Trust member I have no problems with them spending a few hundred quid to get more Vics fans to Moss Lane on Tuesday. We voted the board on to make such decisions on our behalf and subsidised travel is nothing new at Vics. I never benefit from it as I travel up to matches from Cambridge but I'm happy that some, and it's usually our younger fans, can.

I think the point Hughesy was making about rebuilding goodwill  was (and I appreciate the irony of this with regards to Geoff Goodwin) was that, clearly at some point you probably screwed over a local coach company by not paying them when you became NVFC 2004 Ltd. Now you say it is not the trusts responsibilty to pay current creditors but it would be a good idea for the Trust to go to that particular company and say "Look sorry you got screwed over, thank you for dealing with our club, we're the NV Trust, here's x amount for the coach up front and I dunno x amount for however much you were screwed over"...

Rebuilding bridges and all that.

Little CamVic

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »

Rebuilding bridges and all that.

The Trust hasn't burnt any bridges and its relationship with local companies  and the community is good. People are capable of drawing the distinction between the football club and the Trust.

You are right that the coach companies didn't do well out of Vics; I believe MC never paid a penny to the companies who ran the 30 coaches to Sunderland (at least he was consisent with his payment schedules  ::)), however like I've said, that's not for the Trust to sort out. Their gripe is not with the Trust. What you say is certainly an idea, and what I say is another one. Perhaps it's something Jim Rushe might want to look into...along with quite a few other things....I won't hold my breathe though.

Anyway it turns out that the away travel club had already paid for the cancelled NYD. The travel club is run on a non-profit basis and they obviously saw it as a chance to reward the group of fans who travel up and down the country watching the team week in and week out.

Having just seen your link about travel to Torquay at £35 a pop  :o  it might be worth mentioning that the Trust ran a bus to Weymouth last week, charged £16 and still made a profit. Is a Goodwins coach ALWAYS the best option for your fans?

markecky

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 12:04:26 PM »

An executive coach or a minibus?

Little CamVic

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »

You know it's a minibus Mark but personally I'd rather pay £16 for an minibus than £35 for an executive coach. I'm a football fan, not a frigging ballet fan.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »

Well thats only a bus in name to be fair,Its a transit van with seats in the back.Not being funny,but I'd gladly pay £20 more to have a comfortable reclining seat,on an air conditioned coach with a decent sized washroom and a dvd player on board and hot drinks facilites for a 6 hour trek to torquay.Plus If I ran a 16 seater minibus to weymouth, I could do it for a damn site cheaper than £16 a pop! Im not surpised they still made a profit,I could get you the bus for £80 and get you their on back on £80 of fuel!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »

And also,the majority of vics fans probably qualify for free minibus travel aswell

Little CamVic

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »

Well thats only a bus in name to be fair,Its a transit van with seats in the back.Not being funny,but I'd gladly pay £20 more to have a comfortable reclining seat,on an air conditioned coach with a decent sized washroom and a dvd player on board and hot drinks facilites for a 6 hour trek to torquay.Plus If I ran a 16 seater minibus to weymouth, I could do it for a damn site cheaper than £16 a pop! Im not surpised they still made a profit,I could get you the bus for £80 and get you their on back on £80 of fuel!

You're making the assumption that you'd fill it and that all have to pay to the full price!  ;) .

...and like a say, I'm a football fan. I'll leave the executive coaches to the ponces of this world.  :-*

markecky

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »

You know it's a minibus Mark but personally I'd rather pay £16 for an minibus than £35 for an executive coach. I'm a football fan, not a frigging ballet fan.

I didn't actually.  I thought if it was then you wouldn't be ridiculous enough to compare a virtually new 7 litre coach with 2 drivers, toilet, dvd and air conditioning to an old ford bedford driven by Steve from down the road.

The cost of hire of a minibus is £99. As hughsey says the fuel would be £100 tops.  You don't need to be Alan Sugar to make a profit on that.

And it you tell me its not very uncomfortable sitting on a minibus for 10 hours in a day then you are not being honest.

If we have low numbers Tom would do a minibus just past the midlands but many of our regulars feel unable to travel further than that on it.

Little CamVic

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »

If you're happy paying £35 then there isn't an issue (for you anyway). I was merely asking the question if it's always the best option.

Could be that some fans miss out though because they can't afford to stump up that much.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week