PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week  (Read 8219 times)

markecky

Re: Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 12:08:32 AM »

It will be great if it gets us more twelve quids through the gate of course.

Runcorn struggle was a genuine one, not the pantomine that Vics is.  Can never remember Runcorn offering the wages that Vics are at the moment.

You're either struggling or you're not.

Little CamVic

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »

Please remember the Northwich Victoria supporters, who completed their sponsored walk from Northwich to Altrincham on New Years Day, were met by Altrincham FC officials including Graham Heathcote.

Says it all Little CamVic and I have to say its a sad state of affairs having to use our ground after being locked out.  I hope you sort it out but I think your in for the long haul myself.

I shan't forget, I was one of them. I had a gut instinct to duck when I walked passed him. Can't think why that was.

Probably not a long-haul though. We'll implode sooner rather than later and will do what we should have done when Connett left.

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »

This is a matter for their trust and trust members.....looking on their forum I was surprised to see no dissent from members as I would expect  had we done the same.

This is one 49 seater perhaps a 77 seater if there is enough demand....would they not have filled a coach anyway???

We did this at Alty to a lesser extent by subsidising a few away trips I think but
a) There was nothing imediately urgent to spend the money on
b) There was a kind of busines plan behind it to encourage future use of what had been a break even service that benefitted the team greatly.
Even then we had a few dissenting voices asking why members were subsidising travel.

I'd have thought a better plan for Vics trust if they wanted a bigger support at Alty would have been to organise a car sharing convoy which would have achieved the same at no cost....in fact it may have made money if some petrol money was donated into the fund.....If they used it as a celebration of Beacvonett's winding up convoy they could have guaranteed a bumper turn out and a bit of media attention to get back at connett...........

That's probably too sensible to get past a committee though.

Vics trust has earned a lot of respect for their efforts in paying off Telford etc and the charities noted above....great stuff.....no points or kudos on this coach to Alty from me though but it's their business (doesn't mean we cannot comment on it though)

Madness!!!

Little CamVic

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »

Vics trust has earned a lot of respect for their efforts in paying off Telford etc and the charities noted above....great stuff.....no points or kudos on this coach to Alty from me though but it's their business (doesn't mean we cannot comment on it though)

Quite right Jezza but to suggest, as Hughesy did, that the Trust stump up money to pay off some of the club's local creditors (reality being that they were of MC's making) was just ridiculous and it very much came across as "there's little else to have a go at NVFC about now - especially as their fans agree - so let's start having snide digs at their Trust instead".

As a Trust member I have no problems with them spending a few hundred quid to get more Vics fans to Moss Lane on Tuesday. We voted the board on to make such decisions on our behalf and subsidised travel is nothing new at Vics. I never benefit from it as I travel up to matches from Cambridge but I'm happy that some, and it's usually our younger fans, can.

It should mean there'll be more people through your turnstiles than there might have been. Is that not more worthy of discussion than decisions made by our Trust?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »

little camvic i do hope Northwich do servive,my grandfather played for them and they are one of the if not the oldest clubs going.good luck to the trust.Just dont beat us next Tuesday
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 01:10:49 PM »

As lcv says the more that turn up, the more income for the club.

I say "bring it on"

It should be a good game/atmosphere.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »

Does this also mean any Alty fans in the near vicinity of Northwich can also get on the buses & travel FREE ?

Would be funny though if a load of Alty fans went to Northwich on the train & got on the Free coaches to Moss Lane.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »

Has the Vics Trust considered hiring a Go Goodwin's coach for next Tuesday....?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »

Quite right Jezza but to suggest, as Hughesy did, that the Trust stump up money to pay off some of the club's local creditors (reality being that they were of MC's making) was just ridiculous and it very much came across as "there's little else to have a go at NVFC about now - especially as their fans agree - so let's start having snide digs at their Trust instead".

I think your comments in relation to charity work carried out by your trust memebers are in poor taste,there is no connection with those admirable achievments and anything I mentioned in earlier posts.And theres plenty enough to have a go at NVFC about, and Im not having a go at your trust,I just find using precious cash to give supporters free lifts to the nearest game of the season a bit crass under the current circumstances.And also dont tell me all your creditors are the fault mike connett,yes he ran up huge bills, but some of those unpaid since september last year were people bought in since the lastest ownership were at the helm.........

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »

Has the Vics Trust considered hiring a Go Goodwin's coach for next Tuesday....?

Would that result in signed photos of Vics players being hung up in the Noel White Suite?  ;)
Come on Alty!

Little CamVic

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »

I think your comments in relation to charity work carried out by your trust memebers are in poor taste,there is no connection with those admirable achievments and anything I mentioned in earlier posts.And theres plenty enough to have a go at NVFC about, and Im not having a go at your trust,I just find using precious cash to give supporters free lifts to the nearest game of the season a bit crass under the current circumstances.And also dont tell me all your creditors are the fault mike connett,yes he ran up huge bills, but some of those unpaid since september last year were people bought in since the lastest ownership were at the helm.........

Crass? You're having a laugh aren't you?

Why on earth is it crass that a supporters' Trust which is completely independent of the club (as Mike Connett went to great lengths to point out) and its debts subsidises travel to a game.

It is not the duty of the Trust or the fans to pay off creditors.

You make some good points at time. This isn't one of those times I'm afraid.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 09:59:22 PM »

Whilst this is basically true, I would have thought the Trust's money would have been better spent on trying to secure the future of the club. If your club (god forbid) ceases to exist in the summer, would you not look back and question the fact that the trust had spent what little money it had on coach travel for fans?

I mean that in the nicest possible way - surely securing the future of the club is the number one priority?
Come on Alty!

Little CamVic

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 10:11:14 PM »

Whilst this is basically true, I would have thought the Trust's money would have been better spent on trying to secure the future of the club. If your club (god forbid) ceases to exist in the summer, would you not look back and question the fact that the trust had spent what little money it had on coach travel for fans?

I mean that in the nicest possible way - surely securing the future of the club is the number one priority?

Do you mean by handing over what it has in its coffers?

Not on your nelly.

I'm of the opinion that the future of NVFC is via an AFC Northwich (or whatever - hopefully a better name). Handing over the Trust funds would be one surefire way of ensuring we don't see a club bearing the Northwich name again.

But then, as the sycophants keep saying, I could always just "keep the faith".  ::)

Anyhoos, apols for ranting on your forum - 'sure you've got better things to do than read about our woes!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »

If the real fans vision for the future is a new club then I understand why you wouldn't want to hand over your hard-earned cash to the existing club.

Surely then supporting the existing club is just wasting valuable time? Maybe it's time to show your intent and start laying the foundations for the new club in time for next season?

Seriously, if you, as fans, see NVFC (2004) as that much of a dead duck the "free coach travel" money would surely be better spent on forming NVFC (2009)?
Come on Alty!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 10:06:07 AM »

Why do you say that littlecam.

We do actually care what happens to vics, you are one of our major arch rivals, who I myself have watched regularly for the last 33 years when we have been in the same league. I always have, and still do look out for our fixtures and as said in a previous thread, would hate to see the demise of your club. This thread is for the use of anybody with an opinion about something, including our arch rivals. There are lessons to be learnt for all clubs, and from what we can see, you aint the only one in the Conference with major problems.

I hope you get them sorted cos I and others at Alty do not want to be denied the chance to watch you and our team play. Good luck to you all, and remember if no one is interested in what happens at Vics, we would not have replied to your thread.

Best of luck once again - Steve from Sale
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week