PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week  (Read 8218 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:11:31 PM »

They might muster a few punters at this rate, im sure the trusts money could be better spent elsewhere, like giving somthing to some of the many creditors.

Better make sure we turn out in numbers then.....

markecky

Re: Vics offering supporters FREE travel to alty next week
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:22:17 PM »

Jesus wept..is this real?

Priorities anyone?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »

Is it free travel or are they going to hire,and not pay????
Harold

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:38:12 PM »

Last club to make such a gesture, anybody?   
Halifax Town F.C. -  they could very well be heading down the same route!
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »

Financial issues aside, if people need the incentive of free travel to get from Northwich to Alty they must be massive pikeys!!
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

The Vics board have got hold of some hookey bicycles! First come first served!

Little CamVic

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »

Priorities anyone?

You do realise that this is being funded by the Trust and not the club don't you?

...and Hughesy are you seriously suggesting that the Trust should pay off the club's creditors?

cheeky trucker

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »

Have a pop at the club hierachy, their financial mismanagement has no defence, deserves all the criticism you care to muster. The free bus offer however is a Trust iniative, and the bill for it WILL be met by the Trust and most likely will need to be settled in advance thanks to the poor financial stewardship of others, past and present.

The Trust along with supporters iniatives such as the sponsored walk to Alty on NYD ensured that some of us within the club were prepared to make financial repairations to York (in full I believe) and pay off some of the money owed to Telford. I'd be the first to admit not the perfect solution, but those individuals at least recognised their responsibilities, unlike some.

So do me one favour and cut the smartarse comments about the Trust, it is at least the one organisation within the club who can hold its head a little higher, in these sad and somewhat embarrassing at times, dark days. Credit where credit due hey?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »

If your trust had any real substance, they would try and start to rebuild some goodwill within your locality and it would offer any/some of money it has to spare to those small local businesses left out of pocket by your shambles of a football club,not spend it putting free buses on to a derby match11 miles away for those that could easliy pay their own way to get here.Its 5 quid on the train for f**k sake.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:58:21 PM »

Priorities anyone?

You do realise that this is being funded by the Trust and not the club don't you?

...and Hughesy are you seriously suggesting that the Trust should pay off the club's creditors?

I do realise that yes.

And I am pretty sure there are 101 better things you could do with that money than subsidise travel to a match that 30 of your fans walked to!

Little CamVic

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »

If your trust had any real substance, they would try and start to rebuild some goodwill within your locality and it would offer any/some of money it has to spare to those small local businesses left out of pocket by your shambles of a football club,not spend it putting free buses on to a derby match11 miles away for those that could easliy pay their own way to get here.Its 5 quid on the train for f**k sake.

Give over you self-opinionated prick.

4 Vics fans walked to Wrexham yesterday to raise money for the Jacob Marslands fund. Jacob Marsland being a 6 year old Northwich lad who recently lost his fight against cancer. Throughout his season, fans have been undertaking various events to raise money for local and national charities. I have a £300 cheque which I shall be paying in to I-CAN this week. http://www.ican.org.uk/. Check it out, you might learn something worthwhile. It'll do you more good than reading or writing the typical bile you post on here and on the Conference Forum.

The Trust, as individuals, and as body, have backed these initiatives.

You know as well as we do that Mike Connett and not the football club left local businesses out of pocket. Now get your head out of your arse.

Little CamVic

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 11:03:32 PM »

Priorities anyone?

I do realise that yes.

And I am pretty sure there are 101 better things you could do with that money than subsidise travel to a match that 30 of your fans walked to!

30 fans!  ;D

Typical Alty inflating "attendance" figures.

It was 17 of us. You don't usually worry about facts though.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »

Priorities anyone?

I do realise that yes.

30 fans!  ;D

Typical Alty inflating "attendance" figures.

It was 17 of us. You don't usually worry about facts though.

Arsed how many it was.  Doesn't change the point.

That coach will cost you about £350....that could pay your new striker for just under three days

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »

Please remember the Northwich Victoria supporters, who completed their sponsored walk from Northwich to Altrincham on New Years Day, were met by Altrincham FC officials including Graham Heathcote.

Says it all Little CamVic and I have to say its a sad state of affairs having to use our ground after being locked out.  I hope you sort it out but I think your in for the long haul myself.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 12:03:25 AM »

I really applaud the Vics Trust for this.

If it means that some more fans who maybe, in this time of financial constraint would be unable to attend a game ,can get to one ,and a derby at that, then all the better. After all it's us that benefit financially from every fan through the gate is it not?

Why would you expect an organisation which has reportedly paid players and also some creditors to allow the team to carry on playing to clear the debts of an allegedly corrupt individual (aka the Walrus)?

It's really easy to be critical of the current administration and, indeed they may prove to be as much use as a chocolate teapot BUT there are certain parallels to be drawn between Vics and Runcorn when they went to the Halton Stadium. If all your gate money is being handed over to a despot to pay rent and you aint getting much else in the way of revenue then where does the money come from?

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team