News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We Didn't Play Well....

Author Topic: We Didn't Play Well....  (Read 3753 times)

markecky

We Didn't Play Well....
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »

and got a point.  That will do me.

Atmosphere sounded excellent from the stand by the way.  Obviously quieter second half as not much to cheer but still good at times.

Some of the first half songs were booming out.....well done to all that got them going.

joe

Re: We Didn't Play Well....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:36:37 AM »

Agreed.Not one of our better performances but still got a point. Just hope we put on a better show against the green sh*te next week!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:49:03 AM »

Yes not our best performance. Having said that you have Denham, Banim and the Macc guy playing with little match practice.

Where was Meech last night?

joe

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:07:23 AM »

Where was Meech last night?

Not on the pitch luckily

radcliffe alty

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:35:15 AM »

Its nice to finally be able to not play well and not get beaten. Shows how far we've come, and it has to be said - GH deserves an immense amount of credit for the players he has brought in and the turn around he has overseen.

Considering the drubbings we've had at the hands of York in recent seasons, to take 4 points off them is an excellent return.

Eccles Alty 1

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »

thought we played well to be honest

Lew Needham

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:04:26 PM »

I thought it was an alright game. End to end.

Both teams were putting a hell of a lot in, maybe that affected the quality a little.

Rewind a year and I think we would have seen that us a good game.

Densmore is a quality act.

Joe looks like he's  got some confidence in him which is great as the squad is bare.

Thought people were a little eager to have a go at Banim, when i thought he did well!

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »

I thought it was an alright game. End to end.

Both teams were putting a hell of a lot in, maybe that affected the quality a little.

Rewind a year and I think we would have seen that us a good game.

Densmore is a quality act.

Joe looks like he's  got some confidence in him which is great as the squad is bare.

Thought people were a little eager to have a go at Banim, when i thought he did well!

Fully agree. Banin had a shot from outside the area and people were saying for him to push it wide. He missed the target and was called a greedy bast****. I dont think he did anything wrong and it is good to see someone have a go at goal.

I do think we need to relax on Banim whilst he is with us. He IS a class act and he plays for Alty. When he has left us, if indeed he does (may extend the loan or make it permanent), then we can call him fat and greedy. Until then he will be good for us I am sure and we should embrace him.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »

Started well but then rather lost our way and became rather disjointed.

Pleased to come away with a point, to be honest.

Perhaps the exertions at Burton took their toll a little?

What concerned me most was the predictability of our corners and the fact that we seemed to be at our most vulnerable when we were taking them!

Several outswinging corners in search of Young's head in vain that were picked up by York and within seconds they were breaking away and outnumbering our defenders.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

What Cult said.

I think conditions might have been a little difficult, both defences made a lot of mistakes.

I'm glad the penalty was to Stuart's left.

Re: Banim, he looked like someone who hadn't played for a while and showed a couple of nice touches. As for him having a few shots taht didn't quite come off, well apart from the fact I've seen him score plenty (remember his 35 yarder for Droylsden aginst us in Mar 2005?) I think it's a good thing as one of the criticisms I would have of our forwards is that we are very shot shy> it's good to see someone having a pop, Dale needs to do it a bit more for one.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »

if you dont shoot, you dont score. i didnt expect anything more from banim considering he hasn't played that much.

JT

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »

Happy to get the point in the end and i'm still amazed that Coburn managed o keep that 2nd half header out! I was waiting for it to hit the back of the net.

Like others have said we can't expect it all straight away from Banim! Lets remember that he only joined at 11am on Tuesday morning! I thought it was encouraging though, he looked eager to get on the ball and as soon as he begins to gel with the rest of the lads, i'm sure that he will become an important player for us over the next month, if not longer.

crossie

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »

Coburn kept us in the match, with out him I think we could have been beat 2 or 3-1. Im happy with a point but it was a piss poor performance 2nd half frist half we looked sharp early on and were pressuring them well. In contrast the second half  insinuated we were half asleep. We now have a week off so players can regain fitness,.I hope we can get a win on Tuesday.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »

I heard the first half singing down here in Devon
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We Didn't Play Well....