Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vics Panto Continues - England International From Crawley 18 Month Contract
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Vics Panto Continues - England International From Crawley 18 Month Contract  (Read 5927 times)

Knutsford Alty

Every penny counts son....

bighairedmike

northwich vics why don't you do yourself a favour and dropout ofthe league.you are 13points adrift with 20 games to go next up you is wrexham then woking.  you will probably get nothing from that your close rivals are lewes on 17points who entertain . torquay, oxford on sunday . lewes beat oxford 2-1 this season .they will be looking for the repeat performance and start closing the gap on forest green rovers, and salisbury they only 10points behind forest green rovers and 11points behind salisbury

Seriously, ever thought about adult literacy classes?

Why would we drop out of the league? Relegation may well come, in fact it almost looks a nailed on certainty on the field, if circumstances off it don't beat them too it.  But dropping out of the league seems a little non-sensical  and how exactly would it be doing us or anyone else in this league "a favour"?::).

To be fair mate, that is one of his most coherent posts yet.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:54:39 PM by Fez Alty! »

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile

I think if the Vics dropped out of the league now. The AFC Vics would have to start in the North West Counties 2 or the Mid-Cheshire League.
If they last till the end of the season, then go bust. They could start again in Unibond 1. Which is where they should have been sent to when they were kicked out of the Conference Premier last time.

If we went bust at the end of the season it would depend on what sort of set up we had, from what presumably would be a supporter orientated club, possibly with or without Supporters Trust monies. No guarentees a ground suitable for Unibond (or NWCL)  level could be secured, it would be dependent on the will and desire of the fanbase. Would love to think there would be at least 300 fans willing to put their weight behind any such project, but I guess we won't know until the crunch comes. :-\

When we were relegated from the Conference last time it was down to anomalies over ground paperwork (part of Connett wheeler dealering of course). While events since have revealed the true extent of his skullduggery, I don't think at the time the punishment of relegation to Unibond One would have would've fitted the particular crime, in all fairness ;)
Yeah just a slap on the wrist for forming a new company to you could write off debts. You went into administration then signed 12 players and stayed up on the field. The vics were really punished when they continued to sign players they couldn't afford to pay for to win Conference North. Most Vics supporters have been living in cloud cuckoo land for a few years now. It is about time the Vics and other clubs living beyond their means came back to the real world.
They really should be beating teams like us

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I think whether it's Vics or any other club, the point is they are acting very unethically by signing players on big contracts whilst still owing large sums of money to, amongst other people, Telford United and even some of their own players!! It simply defies belief and I don't think they should be allowed to add luxury players such as England semi-pro internationals to their squad while they still have debts to pay.

It actually makes me really angry if I'm honest.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:33:16 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Considering the influx of new players on contracts at Vics, I'm surprised that Telford United have not resorted to taking action with the FA regarding the £3,700 that is apparently still owed to them by Jim Rushe et al.

Imagine the outcry if, say, Man United didn't pay Spurs their share of the receipts from last Saturday's FA Cup tie for a few months!

Northwich's failure to honour this payment is an utter disgrace and why they seem not to be accountable for such chicanery simply bewilders me.   

Frankly, the current regime at Northwich now seem to be just as disreputable as Mike Connett.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:27:23 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

I think most vics fans have returned from their holiday in cloud cuckoo land and have their feet firmly back on terra reality.

Which is why I have sympathy with them.

Relegation is inevitable I think and they may as well cut their cloth now and get their bills in order so they can again come strong from conf N once again....this current extravagence is a complete waste of money.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Seems to me that the new manager knows the score and is determined to have as good a pop at giving his old mates a few bob playing up north until the end of the season at which time it won't be his fault they've gone down and he can get a job down south and take them all with him.
The bonus is that as they will be owed money by Vics when their contracts are cancelled when the club goes into admin, they might be prepared to play for less money to be nearer 'home'
With all that, and Vics going into oblivion, it's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.

PS: You watch the green b*****ds have the proverbial game of their lives and turn us over at ML!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I've come to the conclusion that Vics think...

If they proclaim they are in a mess and likely to go under Telford will wave they money owed, OR just plainly give up.

Either way they are looking VERY VERY silly with all these 'England semi-pro' players signing and has beens from Alty (oj Lee)  ;)

cheeky trucker

I've come to the conclusion that Vics think...

If they proclaim they are in a mess and likely to go under Telford will wave they money owed, OR just plainly give up.

Either way they are looking VERY VERY silly with all these 'England semi-pro' players signing and has beens from Alty (oj Lee)  ;)

Difficult to know what conclusion the current regime have come to, if they've actually got around to thinking that bit through. You may well be correct in thinking Jim hopes the problem will disappear, which of course it won't. I for one am embarrassed by the Telford situation and very surprised (and disappointed) that the FA haven't been a little more assertive when acting on AFCT's behalf. While suspension from FA competition's is the obvious route to take, I'm amazed that they appear not to have any other punitive action up their sleeves. To be honest they don't appear interested in sorting it out, so one can only conclude the FA has at least had their share already?

Scant consolation but at least a downpayment has been made, thanks in no small part to the fans who did the NYD walk and those who sponsored them.

Don't ask me to get my head around the arrival of new players against the backdrop of existing players going short. I can only presume that JR must have some agreement to settle up with them if his deal on the ground goes through, though quite frankly I find that scenario just as unlikely. Only JR as Ringmaster has the answers, I'm just a bemused onlooker waiting to see how the whole unpaletteable  show ends.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Jim Rushe is getting as bad as Connett. He isn't doing himself any favours at all.

Would hate to see Vics disappear, rivalry and all that, what footballs about...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

In fairness to vics (and perhaps) this belongs to the other thread) I think the reason they are handing out 18 month contracts is due to the players. Vics clearly want to try an dstay up. The likes of Elam aren't stupid, they'll say "I'll come but only with the security of an 18 month contract".

Vics may well know they'll be in the sh*te if they go down and still have these contracts to honour ( :D :D :D :D like they'd know what that means) but I think it's a case of they'll cross that bridge when they come to it, what other choice do they have?

Yes, I know they have a choice but I mean from their point of view...

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

In fairness to vics (and perhaps) this belongs to the other thread) I think the reason they are handing out 18 month contracts is due to the players. Vics clearly want to try an dstay up. The likes of Elam aren't stupid, they'll say "I'll come but only with the security of an 18 month contract".

Vics may well know they'll be in the sh*te if they go down and still have these contracts to honour ( :D :D :D :D like they'd know what that means) but I think it's a case of they'll cross that bridge when they come to it, what other choice do they have?

Yes, I know they have a choice but I mean from their point of view...

The most worrying thing is you're probably right.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vics Panto Continues - England International From Crawley 18 Month Contract