Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vics Panto Continues - England International From Crawley 18 Month Contract
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Vics Panto Continues - England International From Crawley 18 Month Contract  (Read 5930 times)

Jezza

I like the announcements you get from Vics hierachy.

ie "we have partially paid telford" as if that means the club is sorting it's finances out, it reads as thouygh JR has personally ut his hand in his pocket out of the goodness of his own heart and incredible empathy for a fellow non league club.

The realty is the fans actually paid Telfrod as much as the fans could afford because
a) the fans can see how disgusting the situation is
b) the fans can see how serious not paying your footballing debts is particularly to another club.

Oh and don't upset Mike Connett, we have it all under control and any interference from the fans could jeopardise the whole property deal.
(that last one's a rough translation)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

They sign all these players but they still cannot get ant wins and they are running out of matches!

Also where is the money to pay the players?

Disgracefull

brian1925

Watching Northwich do this to themselves actually quite depresses me - there fans deserve better.

Dougals Dad

If/when they are relegated (if they even last that long), will all these contracted players stay? If so how will Vics afford to pay them on even smaller attendances & less sponsorship they get now?
Its an embarrassing mess.

markecky

Watching Northwich do this to themselves actually quite depresses me - there fans deserve better.

It doesn't depress me Brian, it infuriates me.

They will take to the field against us like the Harlem Globetrotters, despite not having a ground, any income and being 154 points adrift at the bottom.

Makes a joke of the Conference.

brian1925

Vics are basically doing exactly what they did this time last year and throwing everything at staying in the BSP. If they go down it will mean the end of the club, if they stay up there is at least a small chance of survival through stadium ownership/sponsorship/higher attendances/tv money etc. It's a huge gamble and for what it's worth I don't think they'll make it. The league are well aware of the shenanigans their this season and will more than likely find some excuse to chuck them out. I just hope we avoid the bottom 4, so it doesn't become our problem again

You're right Ecky, it does make a joke of the Conference...and they'll be well aware of that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:01:53 PM by brian1925 »

cheeky trucker

Quote from: jezza
The realty is the fans actually paid Telfrod as much as the fans could afford because
a) the fans can see how disgusting the situation is
b) the fans can see how serious not paying your footballing debts is particularly to another club.

The whole situation is a complete farce and I for one have given up trying to get my head around it, certainly can't justify or condone it :-[   You're absolutely correct Jezza, part of the money raised on New Year's Day was given to Telford and York, though I'm not sure what proportion to be honest. And yes that was courtesy of the fans, as far as I am aware the people holding the club purse strings (contents unknown) had little or nothing to do with that particular initiative.

fuertes

I know it must be horrible to accept that you're going down and start preparing, makes for a painful few months, but what's going on at the minute is even worse. Look at the table Jim, YOU'RE DOWN. There's not a cat's chance in hell they'll escape the drop, all that's happening is slow destruction of the club from the inside.

AFC Northwich starting in a tin-pot league is the best option now I think.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

as said it was the same last season, a disgrace and I reckon the Vics fans are as bemused as us.. As well as ALL the Vics creditors thats in and around the club over the past 3-4 years, how must they be feelin ? sorry we can't pay you but are going to sign players on 18 month contracts ???

Sometimes its best to accept the mess the club is in and start again as its making a mockery of the Conference and will just happen every season... Start a fresh and stop the mess !

cheeky trucker

Quote from: fuertes
I know it must be horrible to accept that you're going down and start preparing, makes for a painful few months, but what's going on at the minute is even worse. Look at the table Jim, YOU'RE DOWN. There's not a cat's chance in hell they'll escape the drop, all that's happening is slow destruction of the club from the inside.

AFC Northwich starting in a tin-pot league is the best option now I think.
Quote from: gaz warrington
Sometimes its best to accept the mess the club is in and start again as its making a mockery of the Conference and will just happen every season... Start a fresh and stop the mess !

Can't disagree with the logic, but to start again it has to begin from the ashes of the old club, and while many can see what's on the cards, that hasn't happened yet. To start an AFC alongside the existing club would be suicidal, just wouldn't get the support or finance.

gunners11

northwich vics why don't you do yourself a favour and dropout ofthe league.you are 13points adrift with 20 games to go next up you is wrexham then woking.  you will probably get nothing from that your close rivals are lewes on 17points who entertain . torquay, oxford on sunday . lewes beat oxford 2-1 this season .they will be looking for the repeat performance and start closing the gap on forest green rovers, and salisbury they only 10points behind forest green rovers and 11points behind salisbury

cheeky trucker

northwich vics why don't you do yourself a favour and dropout ofthe league.you are 13points adrift with 20 games to go next up you is wrexham then woking.  you will probably get nothing from that your close rivals are lewes on 17points who entertain . torquay, oxford on sunday . lewes beat oxford 2-1 this season .they will be looking for the repeat performance and start closing the gap on forest green rovers, and salisbury they only 10points behind forest green rovers and 11points behind salisbury

Seriously, ever thought about adult literacy classes?

Why would we drop out of the league? Relegation may well come, in fact it almost looks a nailed on certainty on the field, if circumstances off it don't beat them too it.  But dropping out of the league seems a little non-sensical  and how exactly would it be doing us or anyone else in this league "a favour"?::).

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile

I think if the Vics dropped out of the league now. The AFC Vics would have to start in the North West Counties 2 or the Mid-Cheshire League.
If they last till the end of the season, then go bust. They could start again in Unibond 1. Which is where they should have been sent to when they were kicked out of the Conference Premier last time.
They really should be beating teams like us

cheeky trucker

I think if the Vics dropped out of the league now. The AFC Vics would have to start in the North West Counties 2 or the Mid-Cheshire League.
If they last till the end of the season, then go bust. They could start again in Unibond 1. Which is where they should have been sent to when they were kicked out of the Conference Premier last time.

If we went bust at the end of the season it would depend on what sort of set up we had, from what presumably would be a supporter orientated club, possibly with or without Supporters Trust monies. No guarentees a ground suitable for Unibond (or NWCL)  level could be secured, it would be dependent on the will and desire of the fanbase. Would love to think there would be at least 300 fans willing to put their weight behind any such project, but I guess we won't know until the crunch comes. :-\

When we were relegated from the Conference last time it was down to anomalies over ground paperwork (part of Connett wheeler dealering of course). While events since have revealed the true extent of his skullduggery, I don't think at the time the punishment of relegation to Unibond One would have would've fitted the particular crime, in all fairness ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:05:24 PM by cheeky trucker »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vics Panto Continues - England International From Crawley 18 Month Contract