News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich To Buy Ground?

Author Topic: Northwich To Buy Ground?  (Read 3511 times)

andrewflynn

Northwich To Buy Ground?
« on: January 16, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:01:35 PM by andrewflynn. »

Narcissist

Re: Northwich To Buy Ground?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:11:42 PM »

1.5 million for the ground?

Any chance of paying Telford first? Nevermind the taxman.

I hope it works out this time. To be honest I can see this happening all over again in 18 months time.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:47:39 AM »

Vics fans were confident Mike Connett was the man...when he came in he was the saviour...he'd buy the lot and take vics up to the football league amid the beautiful harbour of the marina lined with trendy nightclubs and restaurants.

Now it seems someone else is stepping up to the plate....who is to say this is the real deal...lets hope so but with a money drain on the property developement like a football club the way to fund the developement is always to charge the tenant a huge rent....perhaps this time tie all the debts into the football club and let that go down the pan and let the developement flourish debt free.

One way to get the land would be to make it look like the best deal for the whole community and tie the club in....initially.

Hope I'm wrong but the writing is on the wall for Walrus Two the sequel!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

quote from Jim Rushe:

The sums we have done so far do stack up, we can support a Blue Square Premier club here providing we exploit the income streams properly. As far as I’m concerned the club should be sustainable and it could be if it owns the ground, which it will do soon'.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, fair do's if he can make it work. I'm presuming a fair chunk (if not all) of that £1.5m is equity from the proposed owners of the holding company. If so, they must be proposing development on the rest of the site in the medium term and think they've got a good prioce for the land.

Vics fans - a commercial opportunity must be at the heart of the holding company's intentions - if it were made up of 'football angels' I would've thought they could fork out the £ to pay Telford?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:53:34 PM »

If they're losing £200k a year as Jim Rushe says then to sustain it at Vics present level any new development and income streams will have to yield £4,000 a week.

Hmmmm....

highwayman

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »

How much did we charge Vics for playing at ML yesterday? And did we get paid in advance?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »

Highwayman

From what I can gather on reading the NVFC fans lines yesterday, we were paid out of the gate money and they took the rest.

Makes common sense I suppose and gives us handy revenue at a time when we have no revenue from home games currently, whilst giving our local rivals a helping hand. Despite the rivalry between us and Northwich, the two clubs are fairly close to one another and therefore get on well also. I am proud of the fact that my club helped their club at their time of need, and gained many brownie points from them and their fans; and not least from the football world in general. It may not have been obvious from the Granada reports, but it was there for the Northwest public to see. That's real football to me. Fair enough, Vics are very close rivals but we all kind of have a love/hate relationship with them. Hands up those who miss the NVFC games when we are in different leagues, because I know I did and Vics fans did also. Most fans did not want to see anything happen to Vics and for them to go belly up as we would have lost all this.

I remember when we helped Vics with the away stewarding two years ago with the crazy segregation, desperately trying to keep the fans apart after the goal. After the game, barr one or two incidents, hands met through the fence and shook together. Thats also real football, and why I love the non-league game.
I also remember the Alty fans breaking through some red-tape, near the segregation area when Rod scored a couple of seasons ago.  After the furore had died down from the goal, the fans went back and stood exactly where the red tape had been in an orderly line and just glared at the Vics fans. I was at the back of the 20/20 end watching over everything, and it looked really funny.

We go back a long way, Vics and us, and I would have hated to see them go down and out; and I am more than glad that my club has chipped in and helped them in their time of need.

Long live the Alty/Vics derby, and bring them both on at Moss Lane, sooner rather than later.

Sorry to waffle on

Steve from Sale

highwayman

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 09:00:47 AM »

Highwayman

From what I can gather on reading the NVFC fans lines yesterday, we were paid out of the gate money and they took the rest.

Makes common sense I suppose and gives us handy revenue at a time when we have no revenue from home games currently, whilst giving our local rivals a helping hand. Despite the rivalry between us and Northwich, the two clubs are fairly close to one another and therefore get on well also. I am proud of the fact that my club helped their club at their time of need, and gained many brownie points from them and their fans; and not least from the football world in general. It may not have been obvious from the Granada reports, but it was there for the Northwest public to see. That's real football to me. Fair enough, Vics are very close rivals but we all kind of have a love/hate relationship with them. Hands up those who miss the NVFC games when we are in different leagues, because I know I did and Vics fans did also. Most fans did not want to see anything happen to Vics and for them to go belly up as we would have lost all this.

I remember when we helped Vics with the away stewarding two years ago with the crazy segregation, desperately trying to keep the fans apart after the goal. After the game, barr one or two incidents, hands met through the fence and shook together. Thats also real football, and why I love the non-league game.
I also remember the Alty fans breaking through some red-tape, near the segregation area when Rod scored a couple of seasons ago.  After the furore had died down from the goal, the fans went back and stood exactly where the red tape had been in an orderly line and just glared at the Vics fans. I was at the back of the 20/20 end watching over everything, and it looked really funny.

We go back a long way, Vics and us, and I would have hated to see them go down and out; and I am more than glad that my club has chipped in and helped them in their time of need.

Long live the Alty/Vics derby, and bring them both on at Moss Lane, sooner rather than later.

Sorry to waffle on

Steve from Sale

Steve From Sale

Totallly agree

We'll miss them when they've gone - whether relegated or worse!

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 09:15:37 AM »

Goodwins all round.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »

good post Steve from Sale
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich To Buy Ground?