Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Possibly the best away game of the season ?

Author Topic: Possibly the best away game of the season ?  (Read 3176 times)

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« on: December 28, 2008, 06:51:48 PM »

OK so I have not been to every away game but that was something else. Boring first half suddenly came to light with 2 great Alty goals in the second half. Hysteria in the Alty end. Only negative parts were Danalyk being stretchered off and their physio refusing to come on to help. Dale Johnsons goal was a peach. So to those of you who couldn't be arsed to get off your backsides (James Black etc) shame on you. To the 118 Alty souls who witnessed a great away win I salute you!

joe

Possibly the best away
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »

Its nothin to do with not bein able to get off my backside you f**king bell end! I would've loved to have gone today but physically couldn't afford it!

Bazbatteria

Re: Possibly the best away game of the season ?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »

OK so I have not been to every away game but that was something else. Boring first half suddenly came to light with 2 great Alty goals in the second half. Hysteria in the Alty end. Only negative parts were Danalyk being stretchered off and their physio refusing to come on to help. Dale Johnsons goal was a peach. So to those of you who couldn't be arsed to get off your backsides (James Black etc) shame on you. To the 118 Alty souls who witnessed a great away win I salute you!

excuse me but were you at Crawley, Histon or even barrow?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »

You shouldnt chastise people for not going to York when you dont know the reason why they werent there.. Its a fkn long way from Bournemouth which is where I am at the moment.. I expect I will see you on Thursday when we play Northwich !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »

cock.

I was working untill 2 o'clock so i could go to an away game next month and i also couldnt afford to go today.

I do however, also salute those alty fans that went today. That amount of people at this time of year shows a dedication to the cause (and also what a nice club york is). Well done to everybody that went and also that organised getting people there on the coach etc.

Bazbatteria

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »

Indeed, we should all be sharing the joy todays result brought. Nobody is in a position to question their fellow supporters dedication.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »

Well done for going but I salute those who, for example, travelled down from Alty to the Salisbury game on cold evening in October.

I don't mean me. I only had an hour's trip each way but I know other's travelled from down from Alty and must have got home at 2 or 3 in the morning and then went to work the next day. That sort of dedication deservers days like today (and evenings like the one at Salisbury).

Let celebrate without sniping at anyone else.

altyf

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »

The official away following was 161.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »

Certainly our best comback!

As well as the 161 in the away end there were quite a few in the main stand.

They didnt like it when we went 3 upfront.

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »

So to those of you who couldn't be arsed to get off your backsides (James Black etc) shame on you.

don't knock james black, he is a legend.
he wanted to be there today, he couldnt make it - fair doo's
i would have loved to have him there today another voice to sing dale berbatovs praises would have been top!!!!

NauticaPete

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 09:00:26 AM »

Also immensly enjoyed yesterday, great 2nd half from Alty, really took the game to them. but apart from that I appreciated YCFC's hospitality, people at the turnstiles and the stewards were very friemdly, a nice change from Vics! A good social club as well, excellent effort to compile footage of previous meetings on the bar TV! All this in a proper old-fashioned ground IN THE TOWN, not in an out-of-town business park a la Vics, Rushden, Burton etc. This is how football should be.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team