News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 a tale of two halves

Author Topic: a tale of two halves  (Read 2699 times)

dino

a tale of two halves
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:32:35 PM »

we were woeful first half, an embarrassment

second half was a fantastic effort....passion and commitment, and goal of the season so far by DJ. If he carries on like this, he'll be gone soon

densmoore superb in midfield alongside danny

parking was a joke , and £1.60 for a cup of tea...whats going on there?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: a tale of two halves
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »

second half was a fantastic effort....passion and commitment, and goal of the season so far by DJ. If he carries on like this, he'll be gone soon

Economics, supply is at a minimum and as demand was way higher the price will increase until an equilibrium is found, clearly as you bought one.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 02:10:11 PM »

It's York...car parking is not top of the councils agenda to be fair to them.  The city is made for bikes which is the quickest way of getting about.

York simply is not up to people travelling around the city centre area by car.  The walls get in the way, and then there's the river.

I know i live locally and have the advantage of local gen but if there is one game you get the coach for it must be York.

Soz Dino, but the council ain't gonna give a monkeys about you (or me for that matter).

YorkyAlty

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

It's York...car parking is not top of the councils agenda to be fair to them.  The city is made for bikes which is the quickest way of getting about.

York simply is not up to people travelling around the city centre area by car.  The walls get in the way, and then there's the river.

I know i live locally and have the advantage of local gen but if there is one game you get the coach for it must be York.

Soz Dino, but the council ain't gonna give a monkeys about you (or me for that matter).

I second that!!!

dino

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 04:03:20 PM »

but it took me 1hr 14 mins to cover the 72 miles from bowdon to bootham crescent, and then 35 mins to find somewhere to park. i will buy a local residents permit for my next visit.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »

Some places have serious congestion problems and a consequent lack of parking to discourage drivers. I can get home from work and have to park three or four streets away, and I've known total gridlock in my local Tesco on a weekly basis when it takes 40 mins to get out of the car park. Simple solution is don't drive unless you have to.

1 hour 14 mins to York! I drive 4 miles to work.......I have to have my car for my job.......40 mins is a good run.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »

I think that the term "embarrassment" to describe our first half performance is rather an overstatement.
Believe me, I have seen Alty play an awful lot worse than that!

Our left flank was causing us problems with Lane not looking totally comfortable at left full back and Doughty looking a little lost, too.

When we emerged for the second half with Lane at right back and Doughty at left back, the balance of the team just looked so much better.

Plus, it was entirely refreshing to see us play with three forwards on the pitch and take the game to York, something that would surely never have happened last season when we would have probably looked to retreat and try and keep the score down.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 08:25:33 PM »

but it took me 1hr 14 mins to cover the 72 miles from bowdon to bootham crescent, and then 35 mins to find somewhere to park. i will buy a local residents permit for my next visit.

Great place York....got to be one if the best away trips........and 1hr and 25 mins from Altrincham and straight into a (free) parking space 5 mins walk from the turnstiles....get there early
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 a tale of two halves