News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Christmas Carol concert

Author Topic: Christmas Carol concert  (Read 1796 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Christmas Carol concert
« on: December 24, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »

ALTY TUNE UP
Altrincham FC held a Carol Service last night, led by club chaplain Andy Barclay-Watts, accompanied by the musicians of Sale Baptist Church. A packed Noel White Suite witnessed readings by Barry Pond and Robbie Lawton and an interview with Kevin Street, Alty's midfielder who is aiming to become a Religious Education teacher. The finale was a rendition of "Once in Royal David's City" by a choir comprising Chris Lane, Kevin Street, Robbie Lawton, Anthony Danylyk, Chris Young and Chris Senior and led by Alty assistant manager Graham Barrow.
Chris Senior drew the raffle prizes, with proceeds going to the Sale Baptist Church Homeless Project.

A very enjoyable evening at a fiairly full NWS, good to see a number of the players turn up after training. A couple of observations of the evening.

1) Laney's a pretty decent carol singer

2) Talking of which, I'm seriously going to have to consider going to church again...

Sainthelen

Re: Christmas Carol concert
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

I am so glad it went well- we had planned to go when it was first advertised in the programme- for the 18th.  Sadly we had another commitment last night, and couldn't change it.

In these times with the credit crunch I honestly think people are looking for some meaning in life,  and all the stuff about caring about others that "The gaffer" (Christian -wise)  talked about when he was on earth!!   :)

Congratulations to all the players who turned up and sang- that's absolutely brilliant!  :)

I am so glad that the proceeds went to Sale Baptist Church Homeless project. It's great to see some churches are REALLY doing what we're supposed to do- doing something for people who need help in this life.

Be sure, you will all be blessed!!!  :) :) :)
Have a lovely Christmas - and we are planning to be there on January 3rd.   

markecky

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 12:48:02 PM »

Saint Helen..January 3rd is postponed now due to FGR being in the FA Cup

Sainthelen

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »

Oh No!!! I might have to persuade "the boss" that we'll need to go on New Year's Day then.  :o

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »

You'd have been proud of Laney. I thought the players might be quite reticent to get up and sing but Laney was up like a shot when the opportunity came to join the carol singers.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 05:16:18 PM »

You'd have been proud of Laney. I thought the players might be quite reticent to get up and sing but Laney was up like a shot when the opportunity came to join the carol singers.

Considering they were all very nice looking young women ;D ;D ;D
@AltyDaz

bigcol

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »

Kevin needs to talk with the boss to see if he can get his knee mended quicker. Not GH, the 'real' boss. ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Christmas Carol concert