PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burton Albion match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Burton Albion match thread  (Read 14568 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Burton Albion match thread
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2008, 04:46:22 PM »

931 in the ground
Harold

Dougals Dad

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2008, 04:47:06 PM »

Full time.

Fingers crossed for good results over Xmas.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »

Well, happy Xmas to all and hopefully a stuffing for the Vics turkeys.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »

thanks fro that still at 90+1 with BBC
Harold

Dougals Dad

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »

Well, happy Xmas to all and hopefully a stuffing for the Vics turkeys.

Hope Elam can get some Hot Crossed buns over for Little & Johnson!

Oh! Sorry! Wrong time of year

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2008, 04:50:51 PM »

I have just been told by a very reliable source at the game that the overall performance today was genunely encouraging.

In all fairness we've lost to a team who have won 8 on the bounce so it's not a disaster. Howevr, I stand by what I said regarding the 3-4-3 thing and we must throw the kitchen sink at the green slime over Christmas.
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2008, 05:59:50 PM »

Just back. We did okay, referee pretty poor.

Disallowed goal I'm assuming was for a push, not that I saw it, and I didn't agree with the pen; the lad was looking for it. I thought the back line was decent, Johnson looked good when he was on, Elam was trying to exert an influence, midfield with Densmore back looked better, so all in all I'm not too down about things.

However, whilst it pains me to say it, Stu looked decidedly dodgy all afternoon. I hope it was just a bad day at the office.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »

i have to agree with you fuertes, Stu was not the best today, very indecisive at through balls.

Otherwise we played well today and I think we were worth a point.

NC has stated there hardest game of the season!

Lets carry that performance into the next game.

VofD

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2008, 08:50:56 PM »

PEYTON and MEECHAN absolutely useless. >:( >:( >:(

Lew Needham

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2008, 09:21:02 PM »

How can anyone justify playing Peyton or Meechan over Elam and Johnson- its a joke.

I can't get my head round it. If we are going to play 4 4 2 then it should be Little & Johnson upfront with Elam and Senior on the wings.

People are going to say that Elam and Senior won't give us enough cover but thats rubbish as they both track back as much as Peyton & Meechan.

I just can't believe we have Lee Elam sat on the bench its crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »

My starting lineup for Boxing Day would be as follows:

Coburn

Smith
McGregor
Young

Doughty
Densmore
Danylyk
Peyton

Elam
Little
Johnson

I feel a bit harsh leaving out Senior but I think his pace would be a valuable weapon later in the game against tired defenders. O'Neill to come on for his annual goal away at Vics as well!  ;D

I think the above starting lineup would put them under lots of pressure which is the way we must approach a game like this. If you take the fact it's a derby game out of the equation just for a second it's a game against a lowly side who are very low on confidence. We must be in their faces from the very first whistle to the last!
Come on Alty!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2008, 11:27:03 PM »

Last comment about going at them is correct.

Perhaps ralphy for Stu?

Robbie for peyton if fit.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2008, 11:50:45 PM »

Last comment about going at them is correct.

Perhaps ralphy for Stu?

Robbie for peyton if fit.

I've not seen Stu play since his return from injury so you are in a better position than I to judge that.

However, I do strongly believe that we should play the above outfield players in the 3-4-3 formation that won us so many games a couple of months ago.
Come on Alty!

highwayman

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2008, 06:39:40 AM »

Very encouraging performance by the lads with the next three games coming up, which will probably go a long way in shaping the rest of the season for the Alty.They are going to be like three cup ties! Let's hope we don't take our cup form into the games!

I thought we had strong performances from Jamie, Youngy, Macca, Shaun and Dale (when he got on)

Less impressed with Stu, Meech, Wozza.

Mistakes by the keeper are always magnified but I thought Stu's decision making (especially for the pen) and his distribution were the poorest I've seen from him. Keep him in for Vics away but...

We need big, consistent  performances from our experienced players such as Stu and Col in the next three games.

I too don't understand what is going on with Elam - he only seems to get a "cameo" role nowadays. I would definitely have him starting ahead of Meech or Wozza any day.

I would also start with Dale. All too often we are clearing from defence and the lack of height of Col and Chris doesn't give us an option. It's just coming straight back. At least with Dale he can get a decent challenge in and hold the ball up.

What's the situation with Robbie? We are deinitely missing him!

Assuming Robbie is still out for Vics away I would go 4-4-2

Coburn

Smith
McGregor
Young
Doughty

Senior
Densmore
Danylyk
Elam

Little
Johnson

Vics are now without a win in 7 - they will see Boxing Day as an opportunity to start the Great Escape (again!) - it's going to be very, very interesting!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2008, 09:32:37 AM »

When Nigel Clough states that the match was one of the hardest his team have played this season it's testament that Alty battled well and but for a golden chance missed at 2-1 down there may have been an upset on the cards. Granted our first half performance was not the best but in the second we seized the baton and deservedly got back on terms.

Only downside is the long ball forward to probably the smallest attack force in the league. It's bread and butter to any defence when the high ball comes in with regularity. It's time the likes of Danylyk and Densmore are receiving the ball to feet and pushing on which will be far more effective than squandering needless possession time and time again. We need to have a bit more guile on our free kicks and corners as on numerous occasions their keeper plucked the ball from the air unchallenged. Let's vary it a little and deliver a ball to the penalty spot to create a bit more attack minded opportunity.

Looking forward to the Xmas fixtures and if we build on today we should soon come out of this small depression.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burton Albion match thread