PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boosting Attendances
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Boosting Attendances  (Read 3996 times)

JT

Boosting Attendances
« on: December 18, 2008, 09:48:07 AM »

We are rapidly approaching New Years Day, when our one-game-a-season fans appear, and it is clear that a key factor in us progressing as a club is building our attendances.  So I have been thinking of little offers/things we could do to try and attract these people to more games and not just our derby games. 

Mine are only quick thoughts and i'm sure there will be better suggestions so maybe we could start to compile a list:

1) Come to 5 games, Get 1 match free - little cards that get stamped as you come in, like they do in coffee shops kind of thing
2) Hand out cards with our forthcoming fixtures
3) Offers like Pay for an adult, bring your child in for free
4) Half season tickets

Thoughts?

earwig

Re: Boosting Attendances
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:42:35 AM »

How about letting away supporters in for half price?   ;D

Cracking idea, see you all on Saturday! (my favourite away fixture)

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:25:25 PM »

All decent ideas, although I think we already do half-season tickets? Anyway, to really boost attendances we're relying on three things:-

1. Being in good form
2. Be playing someone half decent to whet the homes fans' appetite/bring a few themselves
3. United and City being away/not playing

The first we have control over, so let's get some points before Northwich!

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »

I think winning on Saturday would be a good idea for starters.

Seconded by the come to 5 get 1 free deal, maybe 3 or 4 though.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »

Dont think its a good idea come to 5 get one free,could be a big loss maker for the club.Winning and increased attendances are the way to go.
Harold

wonderstuff

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »

It would do Alty the power of good if the Manchester Evening News, or another local rag took some more interest and had a regular spot for Alty. I'm no City, or United fan, but I understand the coverage they command, and I think Altrincham FC are the next biggest, and important club. Droylsden are below Alty, FC United are....where? Surley Alty deserve more media coverage, especially as they are doing reletively well considering the budget available?

I'm hoping this makes sense. Either that, or I'm about to have a lot of people give me stick.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 12:49:57 PM »

A number of schemes aimed at boosting attendances have been suggested and some tried out, often with a fair response (eg. the £5 entry for Utd and City season ticket holders). However, a significant long term improvement in attendances can only be achieved over a period of time, and probably not without some or all of the following happening:

Winning games regularly.
Playing attractive football.
Good runs in the FA Cup leading to big matches and some wins against league sides.
Reaching the latter stages of the FA Trophy on a more regular basis.
Competing at the top end of the league.

Look at the club from the point of view of a floating fan - they want to spend their £20 and know they are likely to be entertained and have a good afternoon out. People are unfortunately quite fickle and are far more likely to come to games if silverware/FA Cup noteriety is at stake. The potential exists at Altrincham but as we are a club which is making steady progress it is likely to be a few more years before we begin to achieve the above with any kind of regularity.
Come on Alty!

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 12:14:03 AM »

All decent ideas, although I think we already do half-season tickets? Anyway, to really boost attendances we're relying on three things:-

1. Being in good form
2. Be playing someone half decent to whet the homes fans' appetite/bring a few themselves
3. United and City being away/not playing

The first we have control over, so let's get some points before Northwich!

Can i add 1 Get rid of the Credit crunch that hangs over the world at the minute

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 01:20:42 AM »

It would do Alty the power of good if the Manchester Evening News, or another local rag took some more interest and had a regular spot for Alty. I'm no City, or United fan, but I understand the coverage they command, and I think Altrincham FC are the next biggest... I'm hoping this makes sense. Either that, or I'm about to have a lot of people give me stick.
have some stick in the shape of Bolton, Rochdale, Bury, FC United, Stockport, Wigan and anyother greater manchester team i missed out who might get some coverage in the MEN.

anyway, if we have a full page article about alty in the MEN do you think that would boost attendances?
I for one don't.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 01:45:32 AM »

It would do Alty the power of good if the Manchester Evening News, or another local rag took some more interest and had a regular spot for Alty. I'm no City, or United fan, but I understand the coverage they command, and I think Altrincham FC are the next biggest, and important club. Droylsden are below Alty, FC United are....where? Surley Alty deserve more media coverage, especially as they are doing reletively well considering the budget available?

I'm hoping this makes sense. Either that, or I'm about to have a lot of people give me stick.
There used to have a good feature on local non-league football in the Sunday pink. But they ceased publication alledgely due to costs. Even though they can afford to give away about a million free M-E-N's daily in the city centre.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:30:32 PM by Cestrian Alty »
They really should be beating teams like us

wonderstuff

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 07:13:14 AM »

It would do Alty the power of good if the Manchester Evening News, or another local rag took some more interest and had a regular spot for Alty. I'm no City, or United fan, but I understand the coverage they command, and I think Altrincham FC are the next biggest... I'm hoping this makes sense. Either that, or I'm about to have a lot of people give me stick.
have some stick in the shape of Bolton, Rochdale, Bury, FC United, Stockport, Wigan and anyother greater manchester team i missed out who might get some coverage in the MEN.

anyway, if we have a full page article about alty in the MEN do you think that would boost attendances?
I for one don't.

I understand what you're saying about the teams you have mentioned, and about FC United in particular seeing as they are in Manchester, but, in the times I have bought the MEN I don't remember Bolton, Rochdale, Stockport or Wigan getting too much coverage in the MEN. They do get some, but probably not as much as they do in their LOCAL rags. Altrincham is a lot closer to Manchester than any of these places (barr Stockport, and they have their own paper) therefore it would make sense for the MEN to cover Alty FC a little more. I think it would help raise the club's profile more by getting more exposure.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:15:46 AM by wonderstuff »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 10:02:30 AM »

I for one don't.

I understand what you're saying about the teams you have mentioned, and about FC United in particular seeing as they are in Manchester, but, in the times I have bought the MEN I don't remember Bolton, Rochdale, Stockport or Wigan getting too much coverage in the MEN. They do get some, but probably not as much as they do in their LOCAL rags. Altrincham is a lot closer to Manchester than any of these places (barr Stockport, and they have their own paper) therefore it would make sense for the MEN to cover Alty FC a little more. I think it would help raise the club's profile more by getting more exposure.

No, it makes sense for the MEN to sell as many papers and adverts as possible.  Are you saying that the MEN would get more readers by giving more coverage to a club that needs more fans?  It doesn't add up.

I think the actual day to day (as opposed to FA Cup) media profile enjoyed by this club is the highest its ever been in my 20 odd years watching them.  The way forward to get more fans is through links with schools, youth teams and the local community which, in fairness to the club, has improved tremendously in the past few years. 

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 10:20:07 AM »

Can i add 1 Get rid of the Credit crunch that hangs over the world at the minute

Jimbo for Chancellor!

::)
Come on Alty!

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »

The credit crunch could work in our favour, if people get priced out of higher levels but still want live football.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »

The credit crunch does not exist as far as I am concerned with Alty fans - we are all rich and drive Ferraris !!!

I wont get political though as i could go on for hours.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boosting Attendances