News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics latest signing

Author Topic: Vics latest signing  (Read 3611 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Vics latest signing
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:04:38 PM »

Dean Lodge from Kingstonian.

According to Kingstonian supporters he's gone for a "substantial package" which apparently includes accommodation. Hmmmm.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics latest signing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »

They truly are in la la land.

In admin before the end of the season.
Come on Alty!

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

there fans are so ill informed on there forum, theres a thead that actually states we've  got to where we are with the same group of players as 12 months ago!!!!! erm with all due respect to some of those players i dont think we'd be anywhere near 11th with that team and tactics!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »

Its a total disgrace. It annoys me beyond belief.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 04:48:41 PM »

I really don't understand it. All their problems, not least that they could go down and their attendances are pitiful, and they're paying out for new players and accomodation.

PS. We should take bets on how long it takes for MatNVFCMad to post some sh*t reply to this thread that involves at least one smiley.

Little CamVic

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »

there fans are so ill informed on there forum, theres a thead that actually states we've  got to where we are with the same group of players as 12 months ago!!!!! erm with all due respect to some of those players i dont think we'd be anywhere near 11th with that team and tactics!!!

That was me!

I think you've misunderstood what I meant. I'm actually pretty well informed, I kept posting on our forum when I saw who you signed during the summer that there is no way you lot would be bottom four as many people at Vics and other clubs were predicting. I thought GH made some pretty prudent signings.

What I wrote was actually a compliment - you'll understand that I don't like to make them too obvious!  ;)

The point I was trying to make is that you have got into a winning habit. IF you'd had that same team six months ago, you could just as well be languishing in the bottom four because you had a losing habit back then - just as we've had for most of this season.

There's a very fine line between success and failure in this league at present due to the general low quality throughout. We could very easily play much worse than we have done for many games this season and win them and I expect that you could play much better than you have and go on to lose some games. All that's required for both teams is the belief that they can win because I'm fairly certain that neither Vics or Alty need to fear anyone in this league. The difference is you lot have realised that, it's still dawning on us!

Hope that makes it clearer.

Oh and by the way, talking of being (mis)informed....I think the accommodation involves a room in a shared house. Any package Lodge might be on is likely to be "substantial" compared with what he was getting at Kingstonian. Can I suggest that you read the term in a relative manner?!?

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »

you'd think they would be finding ways to reduce the wage bill! not going and signing players, its all going to end in tears.

cheeky trucker

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »

For what's worth I think the journalist misquoted. It should have said Lodge had a large package ;D      Trust me having seen him in the flesh any package would seem large to him! If he plays Boxing Day you'll swear he was one of Santa's little helpers left behind by mistake on Christmas Eve ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:36:21 PM by cheeky trucker »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »

To get a 23 year old lad to move from East London to Northwich either requires some package or a definite level of stupidity. All credit to the lad if he wants to play at a higher level, but allegedly he turned down deals in the South East. I'm told he is a very good player well above Ryman level but you'd have thought he would be picked up locally.

I wasn't going to say but my informant says £700 a week. I can't substantiate this its heresay but I've no reason to doubt a very good source. It may include as a figure the cost of the "shared accom" who knows?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 04:15:29 AM »

The budget announcement to give companies breathing space for paying their tax bills suggests to me we will see a raft of signings from conference clubs...what a recipe for disaster!

Borrow borrow borrow!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »

To be honest why worry about Northwich,if the board want to ruin the club thats upto them,its the fans i would feel for if that happened.I would also be sorry to see them go down if they do as its a good local derby for both clubs.All i can say is good luck to them,except against Alty of course.
Harold

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 11:37:43 AM »

to asnwer your question why worry about Northwich, the point is we are competing against these levels of expenditure.....you mention the xmas derby...where we will be playing against these new signings.

I think the way they've been run has disappointed many Alty fans all of whom want to play Vics every season...we'd like to play Macc as well!

fuertes

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »

To get a 23 year old lad to move from East London to Northwich either requires some package or a definite level of stupidity.

I'd be delighted with a one-way ticket out of East London! (Except if headed to Luton, Slough or Hull)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »

Dean Lodge from Kingstonian.

According to Kingstonian supporters he's gone for a "substantial package" which apparently includes accommodation. Hmmmm.

In the words of Richard Littlejohn: Here we go Looby-Loo!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics latest signing