News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 With all due respect etc..

Author Topic: With all due respect etc..  (Read 1158 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »

Just researching something completely seperate to Alty but ended up on a link from our website after we won away at Aldershot in our first season up. These comments are from Shots captain Steve Watson

Captain Steve Watson added, "We carved out a lot of chances and there was only one team who was passing the ball... We must have put about 30 balls into their box and I don’t understand how… if you did that at any other club, they’d be getting a lot of goals. I think we’ve got to work on finishing and killing teams off, because they were there to be beaten today. They were a poor side... We need to be putting a team out there where we feel confident enough to say that Altrincham at home should be a massive game and we should be beating them into the ground. Full stop. They’ve just come up and they’ve got to be beaten. They didn’t really have any chances, it was only the two crosses that they had and they put them away...We’ve got to be saying we can’t be beaten by teams like that".

I just thought it was funny as it's probably the best example ever of that. In fact, he didn't even consider "with all due respect".

Point is, you don't hear that so much now, not to that extent. How far do you think we've come along in those stakes?

altyf

Re: With all due respect etc..
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »

Just researching something completely seperate to Alty but ended up on a link from our website after we won away at Aldershot in our first season up. These comments are from Shots captain Steve Watson

Captain Steve Watson added, "We carved out a lot of chances and there was only one team who was passing the ball... We must have put about 30 balls into their box and I don’t understand how… if you did that at any other club, they’d be getting a lot of goals. I think we’ve got to work on finishing and killing teams off, because they were there to be beaten today. They were a poor side... We need to be putting a team out there where we feel confident enough to say that Altrincham at home should be a massive game and we should be beating them into the ground. Full stop. They’ve just come up and they’ve got to be beaten. They didn’t really have any chances, it was only the two crosses that they had and they put them away...We’ve got to be saying we can’t be beaten by teams like that".

I just thought it was funny as it's probably the best example ever of that. In fact, he didn't even consider "with all due respect".

Point is, you don't hear that so much now, not to that extent. How far do you think we've come along in those stakes?

Not answering the question at all but...what a day that was!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team