News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 They're just unbelievable!

Author Topic: They're just unbelievable!  (Read 2740 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 21, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »

When will the pantomime end at Vics?

"You may have thought that Northwich Vics were cash-strapped but the Northwich Guardian neverthless confirms that "Vics have missed out on the signature of Salisbury striker Matt Tubbs. The England C front runner has joined former Northwich boss Jimmy Quinn at Football League strugglers Bournemouth... 'It’s disappointing', Vics' boss Steve King told the Guardian. 'I spoke to Matt on a couple of occasions and he would have come here if he hadn’t had an offer from a league club. It’s sad to miss out on someone of his quality but I understand his decision'”. "
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: They're just unbelievable!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »

When will the pantomime end at Vics?

" 'I spoke to Matt on a couple of occasions and he would have come here if he hadn’t had an offer from a league club. It’s sad to miss out on someone of his quality but I understand his decision'”. "

He'd have made a 360 mile round trip 4 days a week to play for a team languishing in the relegation zone for less wages than he was on at Salisbury (given he was their highest earner)?

Now why would he do that Steve? Or are we cash rich again now?

Aussie Bob

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »

Does money grow on trees in Northwich ? They are broke as ten thousand bastards one minute and players dont get paid until the chairman steps in..then theres talk of buying the ground with the help of a consortium ..and now they are trying to get Salisburys best paid player....why does this sound like it going to end in tears again ?

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 01:26:11 PM »

Does money grow on trees in Northwich ? They are broke as ten thousand bastards one minute and players dont get paid until the chairman steps in..then theres talk of buying the ground with the help of a consortium ..and now they are trying to get Salisburys best paid player....why does this sound like it going to end in tears again ?

only a matter of time.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »

Its money in them thar mines, not salt!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team