Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?  (Read 7957 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »

If we ever did attract regular crowds in excess of 2,000 (hypothetical is not a big enough word here!) the problem would possibly solve itself to a large extent, since the extra revenue coming into the club would help to fund larger social and catering facilities.

Seeing as we're unlikely to increase our average attendances above the current level anytime soon it's not going to be a major issue. I think it would be desirable to extend/replace the current social club in the long term but this will require a lot of money and no shortage of hard work so it's not going to happen overnight.

The location of the new catering & toilet block is both a blessing and a pain. It's nice that the fans walk in through our new turnstiles and are immediately greeted with programme sellers and the snack bar. The club shop and bar are also in that same part of the ground and it means people have easy access to everything. However, at the same time there was the issue of queuing which meant that area got very overcrowded on Tuesday. In truth though, how many times is this likely to happen during the average season? It's not like it can be picked up and moved elsewhere so it looks like we've just got to bear with it for the time being.

It could be worse, look at Northwich who make no matchday income at all!  

Come on Alty!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »

Had no problems with the crowds in the 60s and 70s,so why would they not be able to handle a large crowd now?
Harold

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »

No, but health and safety, segregation, strerile areas between opposing supporters etc etc. Different world then, can't really compare it to football in the modern day.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »

And a little table at the side for the tomato sauce might help.

Yeh, if we're going into greater detail, a table for sundries including forks and serviettes is necessary. At the mooment Dawn takes the order, relays to person behind who passes her the food, she takes your money and then take sthe time to give you the fork and the serviette. All the while, even when 3 people are in there the next person can't help.

Devil's in the detail I'm afraid.

Ballers...please can we have suggested process maps & Gant charts prepared with immediate effect :D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 07:24:46 PM »

I can suggest a way for you to go Brian, yes!  :D

Seriously, my point about the serving areas and the need for a 3rd bar hand in the NWS is something that needs to be looked at for all games, not just big matches.

I regularly shudder at the amount of people who can't get a drink in our bar at half time.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »

Had no problems with the crowds in the 60s and 70s,so why would they not be able to handle a large crowd now?

Like has been said, different world.

Also, we had three snack bars then and the Red Robin Club for everyone before the game and at half time
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 08:58:57 AM »

I think the snack bar should have been designed with two serving windows,one for food & drinks,one for drinks only.There are many fans
who just require a hot drink too warm them up at half time,especially on a cold winter's afternoon.I always used to get a drink at half time
from the old mobile snack bar but I have never had a drink yet from the new facility simply because it takes so long to get served.I wonder how many more people like myself just can't be bothered queing & I am talking about every home league game.We must be losing quite alot of lost revenue at all these matches.As I think as already been pointed out previously mabe a separate mobile facility just for drinks & snacks would be the answer.

Stockportalty

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 09:39:06 AM »

I am sat reading this thread through, and I can understand peoples frustrations at the queues etc. BUT for months, no years, now  Darren has been asking for people to volunteer as stewards, all through the summer there were requests for people to help out in the snack bars, more recently there has been a call for someone to man the carpark at the back and nobody comes forward. All the ideas about an extra snack bar, extra bar, cold drinks and sweets in the shop etc. etc. are very good but we would need bodies to man them. Any volunteers?

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »

Why not just take a rent for the other Golf Road corner patch from an outside source,stipulating that they can only sell hot & cold
drinks plus light snacks, ie.choc bars,crisps,etc.I am sure that would keep everbody happy & I guess will help ease the congestion
in the other corner.Am only thinking of the best solution to these problems that have been highlighted.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »

I am sat reading this thread through, and I can understand peoples frustrations at the queues etc. BUT for months, no years, now  Darren has been asking for people to volunteer as stewards, all through the summer there were requests for people to help out in the snack bars, more recently there has been a call for someone to man the carpark at the back and nobody comes forward. All the ideas about an extra snack bar, extra bar, cold drinks and sweets in the shop etc. etc. are very good but we would need bodies to man them. Any volunteers?

In fairness, this doesn't have that much to do with volunteers. There are enough people in the snack bar, it's just there is only space to speak to one of them.

Likewise with the bar, if somebody would be prepared to work the bar from 12-6 then great but people come to Alty to watch football. In the bar case it would be economically viable to have an extra paid hand.

We are of course on the right track to have our own catering facilities. There are teething problems however that suggest we are not making as much out of them as we can, and likewise the bar.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?