Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread................................
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Today's match thread................................  (Read 39173 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's match thread................................
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »

Great result, when was the last time we put 3 in away, feels like a while.   And we didn't throw away our advantage. No injuries, here come Luton! Confidence up!

About six weeks ago at Salisbury.

bighairedmike

« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »

well played alty. came with the right game plan. you seem a much stronger outfit this time round. think those who went today from altrincham could see the problems we've had this season replacing those players who left us for higher wages during the summer. hopefully we'll be away from the relegation zone and further up the league when we take you on later in the season at your place.

Aren't those 2 mutually exclusive anyway?   ;)

brian1925

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2008, 12:10:25 AM »

Well done Alty - not only a top half place, but a return to the top half after a little wobble in recent weeks (proves we're made of stronger stuff this season). Well done too to fgrfan for a magnanimous post after some of the nonsense from their fans on this forum lately. Can't wait until Tuesday now.

Longman

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2008, 12:20:50 AM »

Just found out the result, fantastic stuff!  Head Dale played really well?  Can anyone who went shed any light?

Cheers!

Bath Alty

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2008, 11:29:30 AM »

From BBC report

"Senior fired home in the 28th minute from close range before grabbing his second, latching onto the end of a Little cross to shoot home. "

Senior's first was anything but "fired", in fact is was brilliantly lobbed over the keeper from just inside the box.

Dale did indeed play really well.  On numerous occaisions he just passed their left back and got really dangerous balls into the box from the by-line, often from inside the area.  Looked dead on his feet when he was subbed.

I was told by the steward that their number 9 Mangan will be reported as one of the stewards also noticed his gesture towards us.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »

Great result and sounds like Johnson was real a handful, hope this continues on Tuesday.

What I want to know is, when the FGR fans  were leaving before the final whistle (I'm guessing some did) did the Alty fans sing 'We can see you PEAKING out'?

I'll get my coat.
Full time and proud of it

fgrfan

« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »

Heard Dale played really well? 

he did. looked a really assured player at this level. good signing in the summer for you guys. he is one of the kind of signings jim harvey was making last season - seems to have gone a different way this season. he caused a real headache for our makeshift left back, paul stonehouse yesterday which i think alty noticed and therefore most attacks went down this way and was possibly a cause of the first goal. alty tried the left side earlier but found the more experienced jerry gill a little harder to deal with. i'd keep on to dale if i were you although he didn't look too happy with a bit of a knock at the end before coming off i think.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread................................