News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good article today in the MEN

Author Topic: Good article today in the MEN  (Read 2204 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 10, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »

Full page and phots nice coverage
ParkINson's red and white army

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Good article today in the MEN
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 05:15:13 PM »

Peyton earns a place in the hat
Jonathan Smith
10/11/2008

ALTRINCHAM hero Warren Peyton dashed off to work as a bricklayer at full-time after helping lay the foundations for another FA Cup upset.

The battling midfielder was the keystone in a solid performance, which gives the Robins something to build on when they try to finish the job back at Moss Lane.

But boss Graham Heathcote joked: "Clearly the bonus from Saturday was not enough and he's got to go away and earn a few more bob."

While the Kenilworth Road Hatters may be bottom of the football league, Heathcote was in no doubt that the hard-fought goalless draw was a creditable result for his Blue Square Premier side but insists that Luton will still be favourites to progress.

"The FA Cup is first and foremost about being in the hat for the next round," he added.

"Our history tells us not to get carried away. We've not done the job, we've done half a job but we've done a good job.

"I know they've had injury problems of their own but when you've got an 18-man squad and injuries on top of that then it's not going to be easy.

"It's an exciting cup tie. They have a great cup pedigree and we've got a great history in terms of overcoming league sides.

Performance

"We're halfway there in terms of giving a good performance today. But Luton have got a far better away record than we have and I'm fully aware of that. Nothing will be taken for granted but we know what we've got to do.

"Anybody in the FA Cup would take a draw away from home. If you can't do the job on your own pitch you can't really argue if you go out of the competition.

"It would be a shame if we came here, put in a good performance and weren't able to finish the job at home.

"But it's lovely for our - I call them new supporters because we're gathering more all the time - and our young players."

Altrincham could even count themselves unlucky after creating the best chances.

Veteran striker Colin Little almost grabbed a winner in the second half but Luton keeper Conrad Logan's despairing leg got the ball as the Robins top scorer tried to go around him.

And minutes later, Little's back-heel put in strike partner Christopher Senior, who finished neatly, only to be brought back for a close offside flag.

But midfielder Anthony Danyluk was delighted with the draw and reckons Altrincham have a good chance of an upset in what could be another famous night in the Robins remarkable cup history a week tomorrow.

"We're very happy I'd have definitely taken a draw before the game," he said.

"It keeps us in the hat for the next round and then we can get them back to our place and give them a good game.

"I'm not so sure this was a missed opportunity. In the first half they were the better team but not in the second - we could have sneaked a couple of goals."

@AltyDaz

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »

Christopher Senior

"Christopher Senior - get down these stairs!"
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »

Peyton earns a place in the hat
Jonathan Smith
10/11/2008

ALTRINCHAM hero Warren Peyton dashed off to work as a bricklayer at full-time after helping lay the foundations for another FA Cup upset.

The battling midfielder was the keystone in a solid performance, which gives the Robins something to build on when they try to finish the job back at Moss Lane.

But boss Graham Heathcote joked: "Clearly the bonus from Saturday was not enough and he's got to go away and earn a few more bob."

While the Kenilworth Road Hatters may be bottom of the football league, Heathcote was in no doubt that the hard-fought goalless draw was a creditable result for his Blue Square Premier side but insists that Luton will still be favourites to progress.

"The FA Cup is first and foremost about being in the hat for the next round," he added.

"Our history tells us not to get carried away. We've not done the job, we've done half a job but we've done a good job.

"I know they've had injury problems of their own but when you've got an 18-man squad and injuries on top of that then it's not going to be easy.

"It's an exciting cup tie. They have a great cup pedigree and we've got a great history in terms of overcoming league sides.

Performance

"We're halfway there in terms of giving a good performance today. But Luton have got a far better away record than we have and I'm fully aware of that. Nothing will be taken for granted but we know what we've got to do.

"Anybody in the FA Cup would take a draw away from home. If you can't do the job on your own pitch you can't really argue if you go out of the competition.

"It would be a shame if we came here, put in a good performance and weren't able to finish the job at home.

"But it's lovely for our - I call them new supporters because we're gathering more all the time - and our young players."

Altrincham could even count themselves unlucky after creating the best chances.

Veteran striker Colin Little almost grabbed a winner in the second half but Luton keeper Conrad Logan's despairing leg got the ball as the Robins top scorer tried to go around him.

And minutes later, Little's back-heel put in strike partner Christopher Senior, who finished neatly, only to be brought back for a close offside flag.

But midfielder Anthony Danyluk was delighted with the draw and reckons Altrincham have a good chance of an upset in what could be another famous night in the Robins remarkable cup history a week tomorrow.

"We're very happy I'd have definitely taken a draw before the game," he said.

"It keeps us in the hat for the next round and then we can get them back to our place and give them a good game.

"I'm not so sure this was a missed opportunity. In the first half they were the better team but not in the second - we could have sneaked a couple of goals."

So THATS how you pronounce it... ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team