PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Huge shock in Northwich today
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Huge shock in Northwich today  (Read 5178 times)

Jezza

« on: November 03, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »

One of the vics fans proves he has a sense of humour with this unemployed coalminer inspired piece of street theatre.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=b46777446313f5b098d8adba6d232afb

The other shock is that nothing whatsoever has happened at the vics today...no-one has got themselves so much as flustered over a ten bob note.....nothing!....things are looking up!

fuertes

Re: Huge shock in Northwich today
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »

Someone was willing to spend time making that video. Northwich is an even more boring place than I thought.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »

Nigel Deeley and his assistant Andy Nelson have been sacked by Witton Albion. They've lost 9 on the bounce I think now.

Scotty and Rod have been playing fro them but Val hasn't played in their last 2 or 3 games so I don't know where he is fitness wise.

In fact, as I type....

The board of Witton Albion has announced the appointment of Gary Finley as team manager, succeeding Nigel Deeley who left his post yesterday. Finley returns to the club he managed from 2004 - 2005, and will again be assisted by Lee Coathup. Albion stalwart Brian Pritchard has accepted the role of player/coach in the new set up.

The new management team will meet their players on Tuesday when preparations will start for the six-pointer against bottom-placed Ossett Town at the weekend.

In their last spell in charge, Finley and Coathup steered Witton to the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup and the verge of the play-offs after Finley followed John Davison in the Wincham hot seat. This time out, the duo's brief is to stop a run of nine consecutive defeats and to lift the club clear of the UniBond Premier Division relegation zone.

Commenting on the appointment, Acting Chairman Mark Harris said "during his last spell in charge, Gary built the nucleus of the team which Jim Vince then built upon successfully, so to an extent there is some unfinished business for Gary. For example, it was Gary who brought the likes of Mark Peers, Jon Kennedy and Steve Connors to Witton. However Gary has also managed at a higher level under severe financial constraints which, coupled with spells at Southport and Colwyn Bay, have given him a wide experience of the non-league game, and players."

"Gary's teams are highly organized, and will in time follow the Witton Albion tradition of attacking football. In the meantime however, his brief is very simple - to keep Witton Albion in this division. This will mean having to grind out results, and it may not be pretty in the short term. There will be some rebuilding and I know Gary has already identified players he wants to bring to the club. He is also fully aware of the financial constraints that he will be operating under."

"The decision to relieve Nigel Deeley of his duties was not taken lightly, or unilaterally. Nigel holds - and will continue to hold - a very special place in the heart of all Wittoners. However we cannot afford to fall further behind. We need to become more organized on the field, and start to become a real threat to our opponents."

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Huge shock in Witton today
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:02:17 PM »

n/t

gunners11

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS  BREAKING NEWS           --------------------------------huge shock in northwich  they cannot play football] 

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS  BREAKING NEWS           --------------------------------huge shock in northwich  they cannot play football] 

;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »

Hows that a shock?

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 10:31:53 PM »

I remember these. This was my Colin Little masterpiece last time round.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=9250bd190d875f5dc3681369e971f578
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 04:44:09 AM »

Love the "no Graham!.. not again!"

But 'colin Little' looks more like Marcus hallows on an Elvis night.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »

Everytime I see that annoying Tshirt transformation below the clip, I can't help thinking the "before" resembles the present day John King whilst the after is a spooky mix of Graham Heathcote and Graham Barrow in their pomp!

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »

This is great.

I was in an indian restraunt last night and they started played bollywood movies, and that guys came on.

I got well excited the waited came over and started chatting about him, turns out his name is Amit Bachan and he is massive in India, apparantly when he was in hostpital the whole of delhi stopped.

great stuff

Graham

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 12:12:47 PM »

Steve King ex Lewes boss has been appointed as manager, interested to hear your views.........

altyf

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »

Good appointment in my opinion, did a great job with Lewes and looks like a decent manager. God knows how you've attracted him to move from down south with the mess you're in. £££

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »

Brave man going from Lewes to a smaller club.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team