PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The 100 Club
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The 100 Club  (Read 5433 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The 100 Club
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »

While thoughts are understandably turning towards the Luton game, I think it'd be good to take a moment to congratulate Colin Little on reaching 100 goals for the club. A great achievement by a class act. I hope the club is planning something to honour the occasion.

He joins a pretty exclusive group who have reached this mark. The present manager is of course in there, along with two teammates from the great team of the late 70s and early 80s - Jeff Johnson and John Rogers. And then of course there's the Don Bradman of Alty goalscorers, Jackie Swindells, who nearly got 100 in a season never mind a career. I imagine there are a few others from the 60s and before but I'd guess not more than a handful. Anyone know the full list?

Alex

Re: The 100 Club
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »

they did get the ball that he scored with and will probably present it to him

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »

congratulations colin, a true alty legend.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 04:25:13 PM »

Well done Colin, I look forward to the next one  ;D

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 04:28:52 PM »

bigcol

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:35:02 PM »

Jeez how old is that photo?

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »

Congratulations Colin.
It's been a pleasure to see just a few of those hundred go in.

Everyone finished with the pride of a true craftsman.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:14:33 PM »

LEGEND

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »

Still 28/1 with skybet :o

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »

Spot on PR, spot on.

More remarkable for the fact he's not been our regular penalty taker either. In fact his penalty record is quite odd. As far as I can tell, here is our penalty record since Colin joined (we seem to get a hell of a lot when Col's not there)

2004-05

Asa scored took and scored penalties whilst Col was on the pitch against Worksop (h), Barrow (h), Ashton (h), Ashton away in the Nationwide North shield game, Vauxhall (a) in the CSC. He also scored one iin the CSC final against Crewe that Colin did not play in.

Col took and scored 3 penalties, hucknall home and away (Asa wasn't playing) and one at home in the Trophy v Grays shortly after Asa had been subbed.

2005-06
Colin scored pens home to Crawley and away at Canvey Island.

He missed one in the trophy at Accy.

Steve Aspinall scored penalties (whilst Colin was on the pitch) away at Kiddy and Scarboro.

2006-07

Steve Apinall took penalties (whilst Colin was on the pitch) at home to Stevenage (scored), in fact Colin had actually scored our second but it was ruled out cos the ref had given a pen, home to St Albans (missed/saved) and away to Gravesend (scored)

Asa scored penalties in 2 games Colin missed through injury - away at Cambridge and Oxford

and also one in the home win against Northwich, however Col had been sent off an hour earlier!

Col had a penalty saved at home to Cambridge but scored the rebound

2007-08

Jake Sedgemore scored at Salisbury whilst Col was sat on the bench.

A week later Col came off the ebnch to score against Ebbsfleet even though Sedge was on the pitch.

Colin missed the game at Torquay when Warren Peyton scored a pen.

Col scored at home to Halifax

2008-09

Joe O'Neill scored a pen away at Salisbury after Colin had been substituted.

::)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE STATS  8)

So all told in the past 3 and a bit seasons we've been awarded 26 penalties

- we've had 19 penalties while Col was on the pitch.

- He's taken 9, scored 7 and had 2 saved, 1  that he's got the rebound 77% success rate.

- The other players have taken 10  scored 9 and 1 saved (90% success rate).

- When Col has been subbed/sent off/sat on his arse/injured we've had 7 penalties (all scored 100% success rate)

- So Cols missed out on 10 penalties that he could have taken, given a 77% success rate that would be a further 7.7 goals i.e. 8 more.

- Had he been available for the other 7 (he's been unavailble for over a qurter of our pens) his success ratio would have earned him 5.39 i.e. 6 more goals

SO COL'S RECORD COULD CONCEIVABLY BE 108 GOALS IN 197 GAMES!
  :)
If you want to be really silly about it, we've had 17 pens that's he not taken, 117 goals in 202 starts was a possibilty.

- Yeh, yeh, okay I know, I know, but it is half term and I've got time to kill this week. And it is interesting that he's managed to miss out on a number of goals, we've played 228 games all told since Col joined. he's started 197 and 8/9 sub appearances, another 20 games could easily have yielded another 8 goal even without the penalty taking. I though he looked really sharp in the Halifax game the other season when we won 1-0 but Adam Quiinn's disgraceful challenge put him out for 9 games and to be fair, includd with his sendiing off v Vics (never a sending off) it took him til March to really get back in the swing of things.

:P

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »

What about Col's woodwork hitting record? Come on Ballers do a thorough job man!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 02:42:21 PM »

Spot on PR, spot on.

More remarkable for the fact he's not been our regular penalty taker either. In fact his penalty record is quite odd. As far as I can tell, here is our penalty record since Colin joined (we seem to get a hell of a lot when Col's not there)

2004-05

Asa scored took and scored penalties whilst Col was on the pitch against Worksop (h), Barrow (h), Ashton (h), Ashton away in the Nationwide North shield game, Vauxhall (a) in the CSC. He also scored one iin the CSC final against Crewe that Colin did not play in.

Col took and scored 3 penalties, hucknall home and away (Asa wasn't playing) and one at home in the Trophy v Grays shortly after Asa had been subbed.

2005-06
Colin scored pens home to Crawley and away at Canvey Island.

He missed one in the trophy at Accy.

Steve Aspinall scored penalties (whilst Colin was on the pitch) away at Kiddy and Scarboro.

2006-07

Steve Apinall took penalties (whilst Colin was on the pitch) at home to Stevenage (scored), in fact Colin had actually scored our second but it was ruled out cos the ref had given a pen, home to St Albans (missed/saved) and away to Gravesend (scored)

Asa scored penalties in 2 games Colin missed through injury - away at Cambridge and Oxford

and also one in the home win against Northwich, however Col had been sent off an hour earlier!

Col had a penalty saved at home to Cambridge but scored the rebound

2007-08

Jake Sedgemore scored at Salisbury whilst Col was sat on the bench.

A week later Col came off the ebnch to score against Ebbsfleet even though Sedge was on the pitch.

Colin missed the game at Torquay when Warren Peyton scored a pen.

Col scored at home to Halifax

2008-09

Joe O'Neill scored a pen away at Salisbury after Colin had been substituted.

::)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE STATS  8)

So all told in the past 3 and a bit seasons we've been awarded 26 penalties

- we've had 19 penalties while Col was on the pitch.

- He's taken 9, scored 7 and had 2 saved, 1  that he's got the rebound 77% success rate.

- The other players have taken 10  scored 9 and 1 saved (90% success rate).

- When Col has been subbed/sent off/sat on his arse/injured we've had 7 penalties (all scored 100% success rate)

- So Cols missed out on 10 penalties that he could have taken, given a 77% success rate that would be a further 7.7 goals i.e. 8 more.

- Had he been available for the other 7 (he's been unavailble for over a qurter of our pens) his success ratio would have earned him 5.39 i.e. 6 more goals

SO COL'S RECORD COULD CONCEIVABLY BE 108 GOALS IN 197 GAMES!
  :)
If you want to be really silly about it, we've had 17 pens that's he not taken, 117 goals in 202 starts was a possibilty.

- Yeh, yeh, okay I know, I know, but it is half term and I've got time to kill this week. And it is interesting that he's managed to miss out on a number of goals, we've played 228 games all told since Col joined. he's started 197 and 8/9 sub appearances, another 20 games could easily have yielded another 8 goal even without the penalty taking. I though he looked really sharp in the Halifax game the other season when we won 1-0 but Adam Quiinn's disgraceful challenge put him out for 9 games and to be fair, includd with his sendiing off v Vics (never a sending off) it took him til March to really get back in the swing of things.

:P

It's comforting to know that the education of our children is in the hands of such fine upstanding members of the community as Ballers :-*
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:32:36 PM by Brian Flynn »

Jacko

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »

Anyone thinkin of popping a bet on him should take advantage of this offer,

they give you £20 worth of free bets for a £5 bet for new customers and little is 28/1 and each way up to 4th place  on here http://www.skybet.com/skybet?offer=93&aff=2777

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:52:00 PM by Jacko »

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »

Oh and its an absolute discrace that he's not even in the top 10 for last season on wikipedias last season records below >:( didnt he get 21?

scroll down to mid page    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Conference_2007-08
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:15:46 PM by Jacko »

Stockportalty

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »

Congratulations Colin, what an achievement.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The 100 Club