News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton game

Author Topic: Luton game  (Read 3018 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Luton game
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:30:05 AM »

Well done lads, great battling performance. They are a terrible team who we can beat at home, BUT we must attack.

Elam and Johnson were immense when they came on. Again Warren was poor, 3 yards off the pace, can not close down quick enough and distribution is woeful. Went too defensive against a poor poor team, would have started Elam instead of Peyton. I honestly believe Elam can even defend better because he can at least run quicker than a 5 year old. Defence played really well !!

Anyway lets go for it a week today. I would start the below team against them :-

GK Coburn ( only if 100% fit )

RWB Densmore
LWB Doughty
CB Lane
CB McGregor
CB Young

CM Lawton
CM Danylyk

LF Little
CF Johnson ( he had them in a panic, sheer quality when he came on )
RF Elam

altyf

Re: Luton game
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »

Completely agree with the starting 11 there.

BENNY20TENNIS

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:45:59 AM »

Absolutely

Johnson gave thjem a real test

More than Senior who must admit he did not really get into it

Elam is always a threat

Jonhson, Elam and Little up front

Ralph did very well in goal so would be unlucky to miss out

Is Lawton also off the pace and seeming to struggle to get to the ball/

he runs near the ball but rarely gets a tackle in

options very limited in that area though

If we go at them we should do it

Good luck again Alty

Well done

tomalty

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »

something i noticed on saturday was that Densmore looked tired after the first half

can we rely on him in RWB posistion?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:18:21 AM by tomalty »

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:21:45 AM »

I too agree with that starting XI. However, whilst we all know he isn't a naturally gifted player, I don't agree with the Peyton-bashing. He always works his socks off and can be a useful player at times.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:48:40 AM »

Fair enough about the Peyton bashing because he does try his hardest, I just feel that we have a lot better players and I reckon we could have beaten them, if we had gone for it. I'll lay off Peyt's now as I think everyone realises that I don't rate him !!!!

Reading Robin

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »

I agree with the team, but i'm not going along with Luton being such a poor team, of course GH won't be silly enough to go along with this.  I expect them to perform better in the replay, especially as they seem to have some players coming back from injury now.  Starting Peyton was a good move for me, we needed a bit more solidity and he did a job.

Benny- Sportbox (a livescore site) had player ratings for the game (the first time i've seen them), giving Lawton an 8 (the highest).  I wouldn't pick him as MoM, but he had a good game and has generally done well when i've seen him.  Think we could do with a bit of cover/competition in central midfield now though, especially with Street out. 

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »

Only problem is that when Little doesn't play down the middle he's not in the game to the same degree.

So I think the formation suits everyone but our leading goal scorer. I would think this is giving GH a headache as he along with everyone would have seen that Johnson caused them problems.

Anyway there's two games before Luton so lets hope for no more injuries or suspensions.
Full time and proud of it

Altyant

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 09:19:37 PM »

I agree with the team, but i'm not going along with Luton being such a poor team, of course GH won't be silly enough to go along with this.  I expect them to perform better in the replay, especially as they seem to have some players coming back from injury now.  Starting Peyton was a good move for me, we needed a bit more solidity and he did a job.

Benny- Sportbox (a livescore site) had player ratings for the game (the first time i've seen them), giving Lawton an 8 (the highest).  I wouldn't pick him as MoM, but he had a good game and has generally done well when i've seen him.  Think we could do with a bit of cover/competition in central midfield now though, especially with Street out. 

Just out of interest what were the other ratings for the match?

Reading Robin

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 10:33:32 PM »

http://www.sportbox.tv/football/matchcentre/matchcentre.php?id=1279646

A touch harsh on some of the Luton players perhaps.  Because we arrived 2 mins late i didn't realise until i saw this that Paul McVeigh was playing for them, class player at his peak, probably getting on a bit now though.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton game