PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: FA Cup..  (Read 34911 times)

maccman

Re: FA Cup..
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2006, 07:54:05 PM »

What , in Conference North ?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2006, 08:06:59 PM »

No. (sorry to piss on your chips) no league game is pointless (yes even AWAY ones count ) ..

in some mid week cup that makes the CSC look like the European Cup.
 ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2006, 11:52:48 PM »

Moving on from all this boring talk about bragging rights , do you lot think you will still be there if we do come down ? I see you're getting very close to the bottom 4 now. Most of the other relegation contenders are either full-time or are strengthening ther squads , or both.
 I know you are proud about the way you have built up your team without financial worries but you will need to invest in the squad, surely , if you are to stay up ? Will you use the Craney money or is it earmarked for debts?

As you've asked a sensible question, i'll give you a sensible answer...

We're all right thus far, the only sort of worrying thing is that some teams that I had down as being sh*t (Tamworth, ST Albans) have started picking up points. We are betterthan our rivals so to speak, beaten Tam, St ALbs and Southport at home, crucial games. The main problems is that Colin Littlles season has been disrupted by a disgusting assault by Adam Quinn of Halifax, if he'd been fit I'm pretty certain we'd be midtabl by now.

Not entirely sure the players are there for us to get, they either go/stay full time or pick up double the wage for an easy life in the Conf North (Droylsden, Lancaster or worse Fleetwood!). Nobody expects to see much money from Craney. Accy are a bunch of C**ts, headed by a horrible man called Eric Whalley and they'll try anything to stitch us up. If we did receive £50k+ it would prob be kept as safety. We're on course to wipe out the debt at the end of the season, barring council red tape and delays. Hope this was the sensible, constructive answer you were looking for.

Sheepshagging T**t.

silkyman

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »

clink clink. hopefully thats the Milkman going away from this board.

Look I know you're a nonleague club in the league but lets wait til May before seeing you. One thin

Simple fact is that Macc conned a lot of people out of money (not the fans fault) when your Iraqi could have paid it and thats just simply a disgrace

yes you play Hartlepool, wonder how many you took there then ? did You go ?
As fans you are terrible. You struggle to take 100 to places. WOW what a league side you are. Loyal Supporters ?
we took more to Workington for a pointless game on a Tuesday night .... Should try using these so called CARS that you have ?
48 to Grimsby and 46 to Lincoln
Average of around 140 away .. AMAZING LEAGUE CLUB

I suppose when Paul Ince took over your fans were excited cos we all know that majority are Man U & Macc Fan.

Thanks for visiting - see you next season.

First off. We’ve not played Hartlepool away yet. And yes, when we do. I will go. I’ve not missed a game in Hartlepool yet and we’ve only lost there once so I look forward to the visit.

You are reminding me of Stockport fans. No argument other than ‘fanbase.’

Well done on taking a good following to Workington on a Tuesday night. But we’re well aware of our limitations when it comes to supporters. When it gets to four or five months since the last win, it can tend to drag. I go, but a lot don’t. Some people have drifted away from home games. Fair enough. You’ve got us on that. Enjoy the hollow victory that gives you. Our FA Cup attendance was still 600 higher than your highest gate of the season. Not that it matters. We've got the lowest away fanbase in the League, but we've also got the lowest home attendance. Our away support as a percentage of home support is better than average at this level.

If we really want to push things, you've picked two evening away games to highlight and two of the worst journeys of the season as well.

We're yet to play Rochdale, Bury or Chester away which will raise the average come the final reckoning.

But I will argue against you for hours on whether we ‘conned’ fans. We conned no one. Everyone had all the facts and our owners themselves paid the portions of the fine the club admitted and accepted.

They said that they were reluctant to shell out quarter of a million pounds from their own pockets (how rich do you think they are anyway?) for something that we still don’t think we did wrong and which was done by a long since departed chairman.

Most of the money raised, was raised by Macc fans and the majority of donations were raised through the Supporters Trust. The Trust itself is now one of the top ten shareholders in the club. The support from other fans was very much appreciated but it was as much the support shown by the donations as the donations themselves. The club got very little of that money ‘for free’ because it came via the Trust in exchange for shares.

It’s not even like the club sat in it’s ivory tower laughing as the money rolled in either. We were forced to sell Jon Parkin for a cut price which ruined our season last year, and our problems this season stem partly from the financial restrictions that having to continue to pay instalments to the FA have caused us.

If the owners could have just bailed us out in a heartbeat, do you not think they would have done it rather than ruining two seasons just to make a few grand from supporters of other clubs?

People need to look at some facts before spewing vitriol.

Incidentally, most people in this part of the world support one of the Manchester clubs. I suspect the same percentage of alty fans support United or City on the side as they do at Macc.

Silky

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2006, 01:08:42 PM »

Alty fans have never let the true facs get in the way before now, so you shouldn't expect it this time either.

They think they're in Cheshire for a start.

Chelsea   ;D

markecky

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2006, 01:28:15 PM »

Have you two got no rustling to do?  You're getting a bit obsessed with us now to be honest

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2006, 02:33:24 PM »

Macclesfield  ;D :D :D

Silkyman

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2006, 05:06:19 PM »

Have you two got no rustling to do?  You're getting a bit obsessed with us now to be honest

Nah, not obsessed. Just popped on to read your thread mocking our badly injured players a while ago and then thought I'd mention the chelsea game. It's your lot banging on and on and on about any straws you can find.

Oh.. And 'altrincham':

Altrincham  :D

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2006, 05:11:23 PM »

Silkyman

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »

Wow.

Good comeback again.

I would post a picture of a smack-head rent-boy, but no way I'm googling for that.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »

Silkyman Cud ya do us a favour, let ya mam  know ill be round 2night as usual ...by the way... wont be paying ... again

Make sure u let her know it was a bit busy last week
Come on you red and white........

teasybeaver

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2006, 06:25:05 PM »

Silkyman Cud ya do us a favour, let ya mam  know ill be round 2night as usual ...by the way... wont be paying ... again

What a fiend! It was busy last week in there, you must have gone in after me. Hope i didnt leave too much mess.

Yours polishingly

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »

Can't make tonight but if you can forward the DVD then I won't feel I've out too much.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2006, 01:21:53 AM »

I would post a picture of a smack-head rent-boy, but no way I'm googling for that.

Try your favourites.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

silkyman

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2006, 09:49:50 AM »

What a fiend! It was busy last week in there, you must have gone in after me. Hope i didnt leave too much mess.

Yours polishingly

Ha ha.

Spot the people with an IQ of less than a sprout.

Good comeback. Cutting.

Well done.

Your dad would be proud of you if you knew who he was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup..