PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty offer for Reds and Blues
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty offer for Reds and Blues  (Read 6316 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 06:12:51 PM »

This is also on the back of this weeks messenger
5:32pm Thursday 9th October 2008

By Connor Murphy »

ALTY are hoping to unite both the red and the blue halves of Manchester at Sunday's home game against Oxford United (kick off 3pm).

Season ticket holders from both Manchester United and Manchester City will be given discounted entry to the game in a bid to attract a bumper crowd to Moss Lane.

The reduced prices will be £5 for adults and £1 for under-16s. To take advantage of the offer, fans should produce their United or City season ticket, along with proof of identification, at the turnstiles before the game.

Alty are aiming for their fifth win in six games on Sunday, as they bid to continue climbing up the table
@AltyDaz

Longman

Re: Alty offer for Reds and Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 06:35:09 PM »

Good stuff, hopefully we'll have 1,000 plus home fans on Sunday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »

What a fantastic idea by the club, is anyone on here a member of the MUFC redissue forum? If so could could you copy and paste the above offer onto that and any other MUFC forums you maybe registered on, I would do it,but I only have a hotmail addy and they wont accept members with that sort of email,so please folks,lets get this across the united and city message boards so people are aware of the offer.

ps please dont anyone go donw the line of "why cant I just pay a fiver" etc etc etc Its a great way to hopefully attract the foating supporter now united and city are on tv on sundays and mondays so much

JohnnyInTheBridge

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »

Dropped it on a couple of Blue forums.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »

What a fantastic idea by the club, is anyone on here a member of the MUFC redissue forum? If so could could you copy and paste the above offer onto that and any other MUFC forums you maybe registered on, I would do it,but I only have a hotmail addy and they wont accept members with that sort of email,so please folks,lets get this across the united and city message boards so people are aware of the offer.

ps please dont anyone go donw the line of "why cant I just pay a fiver" etc etc etc Its a great way to hopefully attract the foating supporter now united and city are on tv on sundays and mondays so much

is now on red issue
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:59:18 PM by Timperley The Best »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »

What an EXCELLENT IDEA. Great work from those at the club.

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »

It does seem bizaar that any real football fan would be satisfied with an England vs Kazhakstan miss match for there weekend so even armchair supporters should come

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »

good idea. :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 11:13:11 AM »

I know, terrible isn't it ... Kazhakstan having to play teams like England in these miss matches... They should just get a 'bye' rather than having to play them

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 11:51:40 AM »

The good thing about this is that it advertises the game. Plenty of non-season ticket holders will read about it too and think about giving it a go with it being a 'big' game.

As well as giving these discounts would it not be a prudent idea to do a 4 for 3 offer or something similar. Going on what hughesy said, who cares if we're not all paying the same as long as it gets people in. However, in a bid not to alienate local alty-only fans and increase gates we could give tickets to paying customers on the gate and if they attend 3 games on the bounce they can get in to the next home game for free (especially if its the CSC or Sheild  ;) ).

This way we're making people judge us on 3 or 4 games and not just one. Its more likely to get them hooked and see a few goals (hopefully ours).

Frazer

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »

The good thing about this is that it advertises the game. Plenty of non-season ticket holders will read about it too and think about giving it a go with it being a 'big' game.

As well as giving these discounts would it not be a prudent idea to do a 4 for 3 offer or something similar. Going on what hughesy said, who cares if we're not all paying the same as long as it gets people in. However, in a bid not to alienate local alty-only fans and increase gates we could give tickets to paying customers on the gate and if they attend 3 games on the bounce they can get in to the next home game for free (especially if its the CSC or Sheild  ;) ).

This way we're making people judge us on 3 or 4 games and not just one. Its more likely to get them hooked and see a few goals (hopefully ours).

I'll just type that up on my invisible typewriter, nah nah nah FRUIT CAKE

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 11:56:48 AM »

How about like in Cricket when you get a cheaper membership if you live outside the area, like 100 miles away .. ok just being selfish .. he he

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »

Well yes this is a great idea and I hope we can boost the crowd a little.

I have a season ticket so I could not care less who gets in for what price.

However regular visitors to ML might get a bit upset if a Man Utd or City fan in the turnatiles pays £5 as opposed to their £12.

Also what makes UTD and City so special over Stockport for example.

Yes you can say how far do you go with the offer and who gets what etc but hey ho.

Either way lets hope for a good crowd.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »

Well yes this is a great idea and I hope we can boost the crowd a little.

I have a season ticket so I could not care less who gets in for what price.

However regular visitors to ML might get a bit upset if a Man Utd or City fan in the turnatiles pays £5 as opposed to their £12.

Also what makes UTD and City so special over Stockport for example.

Yes you can say how far do you go with the offer and who gets what etc but hey ho.

Either way lets hope for a good crowd.

There will be alot more season ticket holders of mufc and mcfc in the alty area than stockport season ticket holders

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »

Be interesting to know how many people take us up on this offer. The England offer was well received and wonder if this will be as well. I hope someone can post the response on here ??
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team