News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins stay grounded

Author Topic: Robins stay grounded  (Read 1323 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Robins stay grounded
« on: October 09, 2008, 06:10:09 PM »

Robins stay grounded
5:18pm Thursday 9th October 2008

By Connor Murphy »

ALTY boss Graham Heathcote insists he will not get carried away, even after his side claimed their fourth win in five games on Tuesday night.

The Robins sealed a 3-1 win at Salisbury to move up to 14th in the Blue Square Premier.

Goals from Colin Little, Dale Johnson and Joe O'Neill sealed victory, while Salisbury were reduced to nine men after red cards for Jon Bass and Andy Sandell.

But despite the current impressive run of form, Heathcote is keen to ensure his players remain grounded.

He said: "The players are now proving what I thought all along, that they are capable of competing in this division.

"We had a situation at the club that put everyone on their toes and made everyone aware what was required.

"But we aren't about to start setting targets now. My aim is always simply to win the next game and the end results will be what the end results will be.

"Each new game brings it's own difficulties so I prepare to cope with that.

"We just need to try and keep this run going for as long as we can."

Heathcote credits his players for the Robins' resurgence, pointing to a change in attitude and application as the reason for their improved form.

He said: "I think (assistant manager) Graham Barrow was right when he said the change in work ethic has been a major reason for our form.

"There's a more disciplined, professional attitude to what we are trying to do here.

"I take my hat off to the players for what they've achieved, they've been outstanding."

On Sunday they face another side enjoying something of a revival.

After a run of just one win from seven games, the Us have wom two of their last three, the wins coming against high-flyers Rushden and Diamonds and Cambridge United.

They also have key players James Constable and Phil Trainer - someone Heathcote tried to sign last summer - available again after injury and the Robins manager is wary of the threat they pose.

He said: "I think oxford have turned the corner a bit now.

"They've got one or two key players back and I think it'll be a really difficult game. Their position doesn't relate to the quality of the team.

"But all we can do is concentrate on ourselves and put in a full-blooded performance and I'm confident we'll be able to match them."

@AltyDaz

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Robins stay grounded
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 10:39:47 AM »

We had a situation at the club that put everyone on their toes and made everyone aware what was required.

And thats benefited EVERYONE.

COME ON ALTY

RocketDan

Re: Robins stay grounded
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »

We had a situation at the club that put everyone on their toes and made everyone aware what was required.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins stay grounded