PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcoat Whiners
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Heathcoat Whiners  (Read 7185 times)

markecky

Re: Heathcoat Whiners
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 11:02:38 AM »

Disorganised, disjointed, uninspired crap like we saw at Stevenage is not acceptable.  The day it becomes acceptable is the day we should shut the place.

People wasted hundreds of pounds for nothing that day.

If the shouts at the Lewes games did anything it may have made the players realise that by not doing what they were told they were in danger of getting the manager sacked (well, you know what I mean)

I presume they didn't want this so they started doing what they were told.

We then tried an adventurous formation and it has clicked.

It won't work for ever but we are seeing what we wanted to see.

Players giving their all for the cause, football that is not an chore to watch.   We have accepted defeats for three years on the back of this, and it was not a lot to ask.

When the part time Alty spirit looked in danger of evaporating at Kidderminster and Stevenage then people thought "how long do I want to watch this for?"

Its now back and lets hope it continues.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 11:11:40 AM »

This is clearly a troll's post but he seems hungry so I'll feed him.

I believe most fans at the start of the season believed the 'cote had assembled a quality squad...
I believe most were disappointed not by the results as much as the negative tactics....after a disasterous start the consensus (give or take a few more extreme views) was that it was a matter of time before the new team gelled at this level but we must not give teams such respect and play more aggresively...this they now seem to have done with the predicted results.

While many were coming round to the sinking feeling that the 'cote simply was not up to it after 3 relegations in 3 years, mitigation for those 3 years was considered and noted, previous cote achievements noted and again the consensus seemed to be have a look at xmas (by which timne some insisted it would be too late)

I personally said often it was a gelling problem, mixed with negative tactics...I have never bought the "who else can come in a be a football manager at this level" reason for not sacking a manager as there are hundreds....Woking sacked their boss and have fared better.....I also said just as the 'cote is capable of sending sides out to play disastrously (as at Stevenage) he has also proved time and time again he is capable of turning performances round again.

I believe many fans just wanted the team and the  'cote to succeed (some have clear axes to grind) and now that we are playing entertaining football and the team has gelled we are pleased that the board stood by the 'cote...they have been proved right in footballing terms and we are big enough to say so.

People do have a problem with the 'cote's personal off the field antics while many say we don't care who is in charge as long as we are winning....would we like Steve Evans in charge then?

I think action should have been taken against the 'cote for his antics but would have settled for an apology....the fans who have criticised the 'cote have stood up mostly and been big enough to give him credit for the teams turnaround....but it seems being big enough is a one way street....that is still causing an underlying rift that will narrow when things go well as they are now but will reappear and widen if things get tough. For the moment it is holding some back in giving the 'cote the praise he probably deserves at this time...if you can't take the pressure, why should you suddenly take all the credit?

Long may the current form continue though...the Alty are happy bunnies.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz move on you saddo f**k sake were in unbeliveable form and your still going on about something daft as that. Yes the chant tonight of we are going up was a joke but the boys are playing fantastic football and fingers crossed i'm off work on sunday to watch us go 8th in the BSP yes i know i'm in dream world again but why's that not a possibilty.

I absolutely despair. Do you need special training to be this much of a Plum?  ::)

And we wonder why GH seems to think all fans are against him?

Weather report. Winds changed direction again.  >:(

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »

No more to add as I feel the troll has been given more than he deserves on his eager plate.

Just to say excellent posts by JackSwindells No 1 Fan, Ecky & Jezza. Goodwins all around.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »

shhhh dont rock the boat now things are looking good.

Yes but are things looking good? Did you see the comments from Geoff Goodwin in this week's NLP? Along the lines of "I don't know why I bother when people who don't even know me are judging me".

I never saw the point of the ill judged and short sighted Heathcote out campaign. It's not as if the board/manager hide away, why can't you just have a quiet word after the match if you have questions, rather than spoiling things for other people like at Lewes?

PS short sighted my foot. I see pub team Lewes went on a bit of a run after playing us.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »

I can't and won't take back what I said post Lewes game. If I behaved like that at work when having a bad day that would be curtains.

Someone asked for an explanation of Heathcote's behaviour, I think I've stumbled on the answer.

I came across something from the website when people were spouting the same rubbish last season. Heathcote said something like "You never learn to deal with these comments". Problem solved.

And for the record, I stand by my comments that this campaign was unnecessary and even if it was, there are other ways of going about it (right a letter, speak to them personally after the game), we're not City after all.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

I can't and won't take back what I said post Lewes game. If I behaved like that at work when having a bad day that would be curtains.
I knoiw football is about passion, but sometimes people get it wrong, and that day GH did.
I'm really pleased he's turned it aound, but anger has to be controlled. Fans pay the majority of the wages and should not be abused. Fans have aright to shout, but again the level of abuse was probably excessive... dealing with it takes guts and courage and I know GH has bags of both, but that day his outburst was out of order.
GH does have ambition, GG does also, we all care so much... before forums etc. this open debate would have been impossible, I'm not so sure whether that is good or bad.
Let's move on but don't forget how bad things were that day - both fans and club , not just GH should learn from that.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz move on you saddo f**k sake were in unbeliveable form and your still going on about something daft as that. Yes the chant tonight of we are going up was a joke but the boys are playing fantastic football and fingers crossed i'm off work on sunday to watch us go 8th in the BSP yes i know i'm in dream world again but why's that not a possibilty.

James

The guy you are referring to as a saddo, in addition to being a personal friend of mine for a good number of years is a guy who was supporting the club before you were even an ambitious thought in your Dads mind and travelled all over the country either under his own steam or on far less comfortable coaches than you enjoy. He travels from the Midlands for Home matches and has put, I would guess thousands of pounds into the Club at Auctions etc.

He worked tirelessly in setting up and running a previous Supporters Group and I think therefore he may be entitled both to his opinion based on 40 years plus as an Alty fan and, more importantly, some respect from you.

I'm sorry if this sets of the Phil has no sense of humour brigade again but some things need said

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »

plu the last 3 seasons relegation spots

To set the record straight.

1.  Down cos of Stanley, we should of got 3 bpoints at the most. (Peake too).

2. Despite preseason disruption, amass 51 points which would keep us up 3 times out of four. Get reprieved cos another team cheated.

3. Despite preseason disruption and large scale team rebuilding, come within a goal of staying up, and get reprieved because Halifax cheated (2.5%! after I've knocked myself out trying to help Alty pay off every penny!)

I expected 17th or above, and I never lost hope of it having seen a few clean sheets and the Stalybridge miracle. Unlike the more short sighted amongst us.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 06:29:57 PM »

bad piece of trolling you newby knob

read what has been said and why supporters of 40 years lost it a little

then come back when you have stopped supporting vics you salt pit dwelling mongrel
Bl

Blimey!

I read the lot and most of it was rubbish, with the possible exception of complaints about THAT gesture, and he's hardly the first and hardly the worst. Personally it doesn't bother me much as long as we stay up. And no, the ballboy didn't see it.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 06:33:28 PM »

It's hilarious that people still wish to divide our fanbase into the "Heathcote Out" Crew and the "Heathcote is God" Crew. Instead, everyone should be hoping for the best for Alty - regardless of how they feel this is best achieved.

I can tell you it's certainly not best achieved by alienating the board (see the NLP) and sacking a good manager (see recent results and previous seasons). And I repeat it was only ever about what's best for Alty for me, I've half killed myself trying to get us to this podition and I wouldn't want to go down again.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »

however, they do not cover up the fact that he has the social and PR skills of a Somalian Pirate

Well if you'd like to buy some media advisers or psychologists etc. for the club?

I wonder how many of the players from our glory days have good social and pr skills? These are non-league footballers not advertising executives.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »

I have had a bit of stick for my views,but just as long as they dont start getting personal then i can take it,

You mean like all thsoe "brown nosing" comments?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »

No more to add as I feel the troll has been given more than he deserves on his eager plate.

Yes but you forget how upset a number of people were at the disgraceful abuse directed at Heathcote and (by implication and even directly) the board. Likely enough it's genuine, and if it's not I'll say it genuinely.

WHERE ARE ALL THE HEATHCOTE WHINERS NOW?

One aspect of the 'Coate out campaign which really did my head in tbh, assuming that people speaking for him weren't for real.

markecky

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »

Thankfully it only seems to be you on this forum which such embarrassingly one eyed views.

At half time in the Lewes game the season was heading for disaster.  If we hadn't had this run then we would be almost down already the way things were going.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »

I was going to start writing a long essay about your one sided miss-guided views, but thankfully Ecky said what I wanted to in a more calming way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcoat Whiners