Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.  (Read 14304 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 10:04:10 PM »

Things like that consolidate why I love Alty, hate Macc and will never feel inferior when one of their farmhand fans is bangin on about being the bloody football league???

Good man - you'll like this, just a reminder of the natural order of things and how they should be
 http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/tab78.html

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »

Wigan, Runcorn Boxing Day 98 when we went top of the Unibond for the first time,Emley,Weymouth in the Trophy when no-one gave us a chance,Runcorn for Conference North, the whole play off run from Bradford to Stoke, Aldershot last game with Little through on goal in 89th minute,Weymouth last game.

Think that covers every emotion I've been through with this club!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »

Pritchard at Macc!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2008, 07:06:10 PM »

Pritchard at Macc!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »

The 3-0 demolition under the lights against Macc in the FA Cup in October 1990, the first sign for me that season that we had the makings of a truly superb team.

Bath Alty

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 07:57:21 PM »

As an exile I don't see many games but recently Senior vs Millwall and "We're here and we're from Altrincham" at Weymouth.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 09:15:07 PM »

Pritchard at Macc!

So good he said it twice!  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2008, 11:07:01 AM »

We're here and we're from Altrincham does make the hairs on back of neck stand up babe when I watch on youtube..

brian1925

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2008, 01:47:40 PM »

A good call that Gaz. I recall how emotional it was as that song echoed around the ground at Weymouth on the last day of the season. As the players emerged from the tunnel I can remember the look of shock on their faces to see how many of us there were and how loud we sang - a great and very proud moment.

HallamAlty

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

Obviously being too young to have all the 'glory days' memories, for me there are two moments that really stand out.  The play off matches in the Conference North.  At Nuneaton, I remember hiding behind the ad boards during the penalty shoot out cos I was so nervous.  Peeping over the top it was so tense and then so amazing seeing Stu saving a couple and then Eddie's celebrations when he scored.
And then at Kettering with the own goal in extra time.  I agree with what has already been said that it seemed to go in slow motion.  And the celebrations at the end were fantastic, with the excitement of knowing we were going to Stoke. 
Although those two matches were leading up to the big one at Stoke I think it was definitely those two wins that were the most spine-tingling moments.

James Black

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »

As an exile I don't see many games but recently Senior vs Millwall and "We're here and we're from Altrincham" at Weymouth.

agree with both the whole of weymouth knew that there had been a mini invasion from the north we made ourselves and the club proud that day shame about the result

fatcat22363

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

Mossley 5-4.

4-1 down looking hopeless, small crowd.  Mid week .  4-4 was amazing.  But 5-4? The crowd went bananas, hugging each other and jumping up and down, like they were standing on the fires of hell,  and I 'd say the noise could be heard over the hills of Ashton-Under-Lyne!

crewe alty

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2008, 12:32:55 AM »

Oh so many impossible to choose just one, so here a few from memory.

at 10, fa cup crewe 3-0 could,nt get a ticket for home supporters club thought i was a crewe fan trying it on.stood with my mates in the golf rd end.cheered the first goal but then had to celebrate rather quietly for the other two as there were about 2000 crewe supporters around me.
          9,barnet the videoed game just felt good.
          8, daly and the rest of the city all stars friendly definetly a case of we should be beating teams like altrincham.
         7,everton old trafford first alty game lost but hooked.
         6,fa cup sC**thorpe, driving home listening to the radio and hearing the draw for the next round LIVERPOOL V ALTRINCHAM dreaming!
         5,runcorn away trophy semi final fear factor scarier than spurs.
        4,kettering ken mckenna fantastic atmosphere.
        3,wembley finals enough said.
        2,mossley 4-5 motorbiked from crewe soaked through,4-1 down jr carried off, dead and burried astonishing result.
        1 weymouth away last season. seen all the glory years from the mid 70s on but on that day ALTY PRIDE etched itself on my memory, fantastic singing and support.

ps. anybody fancy a cup run this year.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »

Mossley 5-4 was indeed amazing. Load of folk went home arly ar 1-4. Spent the evening popping in on some of them to give then the good news and gloat about having stayed  to the end!

Alty365

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »

I've just gone downstairs and watched the goal on video cos I thought Ecky had made a mistake with the commentary for old times sake but is there ANY Alty fan out there who didn't get his mush on tv that night particularly after the goal, straight off I can think off Joe, Gaz Morris, big Ross, my mate Al, the Gazelle, Ray Armstrong, ATS, Malcolm, Margaret, Mr Brocklehurst jr, the other chap whose name I don't who stands with that crowd, Gavin Torpey....

I was on it shaking hands with Clive Freeman during the pitch invasion!  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.