Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.  (Read 14301 times)

markecky

Re: Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »

Yes Freeman's goal for me, still rings in my ears when I got home and watched it on MOTD...

"Freeman!! That's what he can do, kisses the shirt" Or something like that.

The Spurs trip was also special, I also remember going to the pubs before the match and starting to get worried when the lads were chanting, I thought we may be in for some bother but as you say the Tottenham fans seemed to respect us for even stepping foot in the place.

Anytime we beat Vics or Witton always did it for me, even the CSC ties which always seemed to go into extra time? Happy Days :D

Bradshaw...there's space now with Chester committed forward ....Freeeemaaaann....thats what he can do..kisses the shirt..and that clinches it..what a finale, what a finish and what a goal!

thegazelle

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »

what a cuddle

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »

I've just gone downstairs and watched the goal on video cos I thought Ecky had made a mistake with the commentary for old times sake but is there ANY Alty fan out there who didn't get his mush on tv that night particularly after the goal, straight off I can think off Joe, Gaz Morris, big Ross, my mate Al, the Gazelle, Ray Armstrong, ATS, Malcolm, Margaret, Mr Brocklehurst jr, the other chap whose name I don't who stands with that crowd, Gavin Torpey....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 12:20:47 AM »

Ballers,

This question needs some intensive pondering.....but I am tempted to nominate the edge-of-the-seat excitement created by watching you participate in the Blue Square 'keepie uppie' competition during the half-time interval last Saturday.....

ahem, participating?......

Sorry.
That should have read "comprehensively winning the Blue Square 'keepie uppie' competition."

At times, it was uncannily like watching the great John Timmons during his heyday at Moss Lane.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »

1. 6-1 vs Scarboro 1965, Big Jacks 5 of 6

6-0 wasn't it?

But yes ... and 4 in the last 6 minutes ... two of those in the last minute!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 10:28:02 AM »

That Southport game like others was very spine tingling but not for the obvious reasons . Standing next to the Gazelle I started a chant of 'Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough' - They did come and have a go and they were hard enough. Guess who was first out of the ground with tingling spine in tow?  I left the Gazelle standing as I made my exit. Surprisingly I found him alive and well a few days later.

ROBINs

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 11:53:28 AM »

Yes Freeman's goal for me, still rings in my ears when I got home and watched it on MOTD...

"Freeman!! That's what he can do, kisses the shirt" Or something like that.

The Spurs trip was also special, I also remember going to the pubs before the match and starting to get worried when the lads were chanting, I thought we may be in for some bother but as you say the Tottenham fans seemed to respect us for even stepping foot in the place.

Anytime we beat Vics or Witton always did it for me, even the CSC ties which always seemed to go into extra time? Happy Days :D

Bradshaw...there's space now with Chester committed forward ....Freeeemaaaann....thats what he can do..kisses the shirt..and that clinches it..what a finale, what a finish and what a goal!

That was it, anyone uploaded it to youtube yet, had a quick look and can't find it? I did have it on video but I think my mum recorded over it with Eldorado or something similar from the day ::)I was on TV as well as they all came over to the stand side far corner from memory to celebrate.

I also spotted myself on TV for the Spurs game when the goal was disallowed. I was sat next to a nice couple (probably someone on here I suspect) and remember seeing myself on tv nudging the guy next to me and pointing to that dispstick of a linesman >:( Probably got recorded over with Lovejoy that one ::)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »

That goal is watched on the morning of every FA Cup game... I say 'every' as tho we have a few ... !

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 01:03:57 PM »

The problem is, is that it is so hard just to name one moment, i've just sat here for a good 10 minutes trying to think of that one spine tingling moment and the best i can do is narrow it down to about 6.

In no particular order...

1) The 1995 tottenham game, the whole day was fantastic, milling around outside the ground, all the balloons that met the team as they ran iut, shaun constable's goal (while it lasted).

2) The very late winner against hyde in 1998/99 (10th minute of injury time?). The momment where for me, the championship was really really on.

3) Bamber Bridge away in that same season, it seemes we had loads there that day, players and fans celebrating like the world cup had just been won when the goal went in. Anyone remember that steward at Bamber Bridge who hated it when alty turned up, he looked like a James Bond bad gut with the bad tache.

4) he Kettering Play off semi final, the own gaol which won it for us seemed like slow motion. The players running through walls for each other. Think we all new that the final was a formality at that stage. Quality stuff.

5) The Northwich 3-0 form the other year when Robbie Lawtons goal went in it was sheer bliss. It made all the sh*t that we had endured during the Unibond Years seem worth it.

6) The FA Cup 1st round at home to Southport in 1994/95. Think Paul France got the late winner. Rememver as a 12 year old going mad for that.

I could go on but they're the ones that really stand out. And to think that my 1st game in 1992 was a 1-0 home defeat to merthyr,i should really have had the sense not to come back, but then look what i'd have missed.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »

1. 6-1 vs Scarboro 1965, Big Jacks 5 of 6
2. First half vs Sheff Utd in replay 3-0 awasome
3. 1978 White Hart Lane
4. Just before kick-off at Old Trafford vs Everton - pretty full Stretford end chanting Alty, Alty...
5. Kingy's goal at Wembley
6. Runcorn semi 1978 - Mal Baily's goal
7. Full time at St Andrews
8. Anfiled - GH pen in front of the Kop, then great reception from the Kop at the end.
9. 5-4 Mossley - truly "unbelieveable" how on earth would Chris Kamara have dealt with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. Phil Gardner's goal to win the senior cup at Crewe 198..something

Weren't all the goals in the second half ???

AltySi

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »

Mine was the own goal winnter at Kettering when I realised we were going to Stoke and possibly the Conference, Awesome.

A few others, were Lawton's goal in the 3-0 win over Northwich.

Sharratt's goal against Wigan.

Senior's goal against Millwall.

Lovelock's gaol against Emley.

The final whistle at Stoke.

When I though Constable had scored at Spurs.

Beating Macc 3-2 on an Ice rink with Ryan Price sent off!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »

Ah yes the Lovelock goal .. How could I forget that :)

It must be love, love lock ...

Narcissist

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »

Beating Macc 3-2 on an Ice rink with Ryan Price sent off!!

Ah yess! What a night! Dean Pritchard's finest moment if my worlds worst memory serves me correctly.

I dont know how much of this is true, or folklore. I heard that sammy macc scum, or whoever wanted the game on even though the pitch was awful because he thought they'd pan alty anyway and wanted the fixture out of the way. At the final whistle he was heard bemoaning the ref for not calling it off.

Things like that consolidate why I love Alty, hate Macc and will never feel inferior when one of their farmhand fans is bangin on about being the bloody football league???

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 07:03:07 PM »

What about ... MARCO VAN GALLAGHERS GOAL as Altrincham destroyed Northwich Victoria 6-1 at the Drill Field in the MacMillan Cup

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »

What about ... MARCO VAN GALLAGHERS GOAL as Altrincham destroyed Northwich Victoria 6-1 at the Drill Field in the MacMillan Cup

I recall Denis Birch waxing lyrical about that for about 2 nanoseconds :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nominations for the most spine tingling Alty moment.