Poll

chris denham to stay at alty yes or no

Yes
- 33 (84.6%)
No
- 6 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 23, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Author Topic: Chris denham to stay and play on tuesday night  (Read 5357 times)

James Black

Chris denham to stay and play on tuesday night
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »

Show your backing to chris denham by putting yes to this poll

theres only one chris denham walking along singing a song walking in a denham wonderland

bigcol

Re: Chris denham to stay and play on tuesday night
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »

lolol 10-0  :D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

For God's sake.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »

God knows if he'll stay.

Altyant

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:43:18 PM »

Show your backing to chris denham by putting yes to this poll

theres only one chris denham walking along singing a song walking in a denham wonderland

Depends why he was left out James. If he refused to participate in the extra training then no he shouldnt play

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:49:02 PM »

Ask yourself why he chose to turn down full time football at Rushden to play for part time Alty. Also, did he sign for us believing there would be three training sessions a week, including Friday night? None of us know the ins and outs of the Denham incident, but given what we know of Heathcote's temper and tantrums I think we can afford a little sympathy for Chris Denham. I for one hope and pray he plays for us on Tuesday as he represents our best chance of creating anything against a very strong side.

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 10:05:09 PM »

I do have an element of sympathy with Denham if there has been a slight change to the 'job description'. However that sympathy is tempered by the fact all the players who signed for Alty were not originally told that they would have to train on the Friday night, yet it appears that only Denham refused to train. If that is the case regardless of form he should not play.

AltyIan

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »

At the end of they day, i can understand both sides of the argument between GH and Denham, he didn't turn up to training and so why should he take the place of someone who did? However these players are not professionals and have other jobs and have their families to look after aswell. Graham will surely be feeling the heat from some of the chants on saturday and i sincerely hope that his arrogance does not get the better of him and that Denham does play against Mansfield, because if we want to survive this season we need our best players, and there is no-one that can dispute the fact that Denham is one of our best players. Anyway no matter what happens Tuesday night lets get behind the boys and hope we give Mansfield a spanking. Come on Alty!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:37:24 PM by AltyIan »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 10:52:14 PM »

I have heard a reason why Denham didn't train on the Friday and what I'm about to talk about isn't it but that's by the by and I don't totally care anywya now but.....

.....I can't quite remember but didn't someone say that Denhams day/night job is a taxi driver? in which case, while I'm sure he wouldn't work til 2am, having to go training until 9pm rather than working until 9pm on the busiest taxi-ing night of the week would actually be costing him money?

In which case he may be upset, I bet Kevin Street would refuse to train on Sunday mornings!  ;)

DarrenH

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:18:49 AM »

As has been said before the guy signed part time terms for his own reasons. If thats family, work whatever it should not matter.
He has signed to train twice a week and then he is told he must train 3 times which mo doubt impacts on his other life / activities.
If you have a choice between earning your living / spenidng time with the family or going through the same old moves in training with a manager you did not beleive in what would you do ?
If your boss at work tells you that you must do one more evening for no additional pay what do you do ? Yes that rright you tell him to take a hike !!
Give the guy a break and lets hear his reasons first hand and not with hearsay before making a judgement about him.

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 04:15:18 AM »

Agreed with darren....he has the absolute right not to turn up for extra training and to be picked on perfomrances.

In which case he should play.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 08:56:11 AM »

as one of if not the best player, surely he should be given a second chance

James Black

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »

Well that poll result is pretty conclusive if you ask me Denham must stay and start tonight

;)     One Chris Denham   ;)

altybird

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »

I would just like to clear a few things up about Chrissy Denham.

I do have an element of sympathy with Denham if there has been a slight change to the 'job description'. However that sympathy is tempered by the fact all the players who signed for Alty were not originally told that they would have to train on the Friday night, yet it appears that only Denham refused to train. If that is the case regardless of form he should not play.

He did not REFUSE to train on Friday night - he was at a funeral and Heathcote knew about this.

Denham signed his contract to train twice a week... I certainly wouldn't do overtime for nothing!!!!

Altyant

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »

I would just like to clear a few things up about Chrissy Denham.

He did not REFUSE to train on Friday night - he was at a funeral and Heathcote knew about this.

Denham signed his contract to train twice a week... I certainly wouldn't do overtime for nothing!!!!

Just out of interest does his contract specify training twice a week or, as required by the club?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris denham to stay and play on tuesday night