PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 club apology
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: club apology  (Read 5565 times)

bighairedmike

Re: club apology
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 02:19:23 PM »

So if i as a customer came into your place of employment and voiced my displeasure about your performance, would you turn around call me a wanker and then expect to not have some sort of disciplinary action taken against you?

i dunno mike if you came into my work and gave me abuse i think i'd do more than gesture towards you, i love the way everyone has acted as a result of this it makes me laugh. as no one has mentioned there disgust at the 40 or so fans who chanted "w*nker" at heathcote (without consideration for the ball boys or women present) or at those shouting the word c*nt at him. but  because he gestured back it's outragious

cant say i heard the shouting of C**t and can honestly say i didnt join in the wanker song aimed at heathcote. so to get that aimed in the general direction of everyone in the golf road (therefore including me) i find it a bit offensive to be honest.
I do think he needs to be able to take the rough with the smooth and think he needs to calm down completely. The most frustrating thing is not the sign aimed at everyone, but forcing the players into the dressing room without clapping the fans that obviously do care (as the goal celebrations showed.  ;) ) and if we dont get an apology from heathcote for doing this then we should at least get one from the club saying that they dont condone his behaviour, and the players should have the right to clap the fans especially after the awful performance on saturday and the amount of support we gave them.

Alex

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »

are we sure the players wanted to clap us? from what i heard in the tunnel they were all saying "that one was for you graham"

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 02:25:50 PM »

well they dont have to if they dont want to, but i reckon from the way they walked over towards the fans and started clapping and then got waved away by graham i reckon  they must have wanted to.

Alty365

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »

are we sure the players wanted to clap us? from what i heard in the tunnel they were all saying "that one was for you graham"

But you heard this from a fiercely pro-Heathcote source I assume?

(Got a pretty good idea who it was!)

Alex

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 02:35:51 PM »

im not trying to argue mike, everyone to there own opinion and all that. im just saying what i heard when i was stood in the tunnel after the match

Alex

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »

But you heard this from a fiercely pro-Heathcote source I assume?

(Got a pretty good idea who it was!)

no i heard it with my ear while i was getting the brushes and bin bags to clean up after all the messy people at the ground (and since im on the fence heathcote im not sure your correct )

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 02:45:15 PM »

Sorry, I mis-read what you said and knew you were sitting on the fence as it were.

On the subject of your sweeping duties, well done to you for volunteering yourself for such work. :)

Alex

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 02:52:16 PM »

sorry if it sounded like i was arguing with you, this whole situation is making us all a bit crazy. (were the new port chat lol)

altyf

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »

So if i as a customer came into your place of employment and voiced my displeasure about your performance, would you turn around call me a wanker and then expect to not have some sort of disciplinary action taken against you?

The thing is though, we weren't "voicing our displeasure at the performance", by the end we were being simply abusive towards a man who, whether you like it or not has taken this club further than anyone could have expected. Protesting at a football match is something to be expected after a string of poor performances but there was no need to abuse a man who loves the club. Swearing back at the fans was completely wrong of Heathcote, but other than that I didn't think there was anything wrong with his comments such as "is that your way of saying thankyou?". People have said they expect Graham to be professional and ignore it but can you really expect the man to just stand there and let the fans of the club he loves abuse him?

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »

The point that you have missed, along with a number of people is this:

Sir Heathcote (OBE) would NOT have got our reaction to HIS reaction to our "heathcote out" chant IF he had not aimed a wanker gesture to the home fans.
Im not to sure how many managers would make a "wanker" sign in the direction of THEIR own supporters and NOT expect any reaction.

Maybe the reaction from the supporters was over the top.
BUT IT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF THEIR HAD BEEN NO REACTION FROM THE MANAGER.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »

AS I said I did not join in the Heathcote Out chants until AFTER that and too be honst I reckon it went from 10 people singing it to about 50 - 60 after he did it.

one thing I can NEVER forgive is the tellin the players not to clap the fans. That will live long in the memory.

dino

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »

the fact is , he could well have been reported to the police for making those gestures. The real issue in all this is the fact that a board member (rowley)witnessed the incident and has made no public apology, which suggests he either condones it, or is scared stiff of the bloke. If its the latter, then it demonstates the unhealthy situation at the club.

As far as i am concerned, Heathcote has burnt has bridges at this club and with its supporters. He should be sacked for what he did.

Alty19

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 07:31:54 PM »

the fact is , he could well have been reported to the police for making those gestures. The real issue in all this is the fact that a board member (rowley)witnessed the incident and has made no public apology, which suggests he either condones it, or is scared stiff of the bloke. If its the latter, then it demonstates the unhealthy situation at the club.

As far as i am concerned, Heathcote has burnt has bridges at this club and with its supporters. He should be sacked for what he did.

and the 50 pr so fans tellin him he was wanker can not get arrested i gather
....listen we move on.....if the board want to handle it like this fine..we just get behind the lads it all we can do
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 club apology