PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 club apology
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: club apology  (Read 5566 times)

dino

club apology
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:00:22 AM »

In the abscence of an apology following Heathcotes disgraceful LEWD behavior in front of young ballboys and women last Saturday, one can only assume that the board and imparticular Mr Rowley who was very close to the incident, condone his behaviour

The Fan

Re: club apology
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:09:09 AM »

So we are a club that allows it's manager to make ****** signs at its fans? 

It seems the band of brothers at Moss Lane have again got together to present their increasingly farcical united front and a Manager with a managerial record only matched by his embarassing actions, will live to fight another day.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »

The silence from the club speak volumes - they're treating the fans with utter contempt.

You'd think the board would try and build bridges between GH and the fans, rather than make things worse.

Disgraceful.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

I think it's a total disgrace that no apology has been forthcoming.

We now know beyond all doubt that the clique exists and they believe Heathcote is above criticism - the lot of them sicken me!

This club has now become "Heathcote F.C." and Altrincham F.C. doesn't even come into the equation.  It's all about their over-inflated egos!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:57:51 AM »

We now know beyond all doubt that the clique exists and they believe Heathcote is above criticism - the lot of them sicken me! This club has now become "Heathcote F.C." and Altrincham F.C. doesn't even come into the equation.  It's all about their over-inflated egos!

You're starting to sound like a broken record.

Quite a lot of people on here agree with you (myself included) but you're doing your credibility few favours by saying the same thing over and over again using slightly different words.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

We now know beyond all doubt that the clique exists and they believe Heathcote is above criticism - the lot of them sicken me!

This club has now become "Heathcote F.C." and Altrincham F.C. doesn't even come into the equation.  It's all about their over-inflated egos!

Sadly, as I said the other day, I think it's only a matter of time before something more serious happens. If someone was to get 'in his face' I can see someone being assaulted etc...

Then what would happen ? Conference club stand by manager who assaults fan...

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »

You're not alone in feeling that way and it's the main reason why the club should be trying to build bridges at the moment. Are they going to wait until someone really does get hurt?

It seems to me that they are perfectly happy for the club to be divided in this way, otherwise they would have tried to smooth things over by now.

The Fan

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 10:13:23 AM »

Sadly, as I said the other day, I think it's only a matter of time before something more serious happens. If someone was to get 'in his face' I can see someone being assaulted etc...

Then what would happen ? Conference club stand by manager who assaults fan...

If it was an opposing fan that GH finally flips on, then kiss goodbye to all the hard work that has been done to rebuild this clubs financial infrastructure - this is assuming of course that the club would all stand behind GH (perish the thought !!!).

Back to the topics main point, the fact that no comment has been made on the issue is yet another PR debacle.

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 10:14:23 AM »

We now know beyond all doubt that the clique exists and they believe Heathcote is above criticism - the lot of them sicken me! This club has now become "Heathcote F.C." and Altrincham F.C. doesn't even come into the equation.  It's all about their over-inflated egos!

You're starting to sound like a broken record.

Quite a lot of people on here agree with you (myself included) but you're doing your credibility few favours by saying the same thing over and over again using slightly different words.

I couldn't give two sh*ts about my "credibility", I'm not running for election or trying to win a popularity contest here! It's not about me, it's about the club.

If I repeat myself it's because I'm not prepared to let this issue drop and just get forgotten about!

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:08:15 PM »

The silence is the equivalent a massive big v-sign aimed at anyone offended which includes many who weren't even there let alone those who played any part in provoking the hand shuffle gesticulation.

I guess a v-sign is as good as a wanker gesture to a blind bat.................

Maybe the apology will be in the programme for tonights game...in fact I'm sure it will be...can't possibly not be..........mayube along the lines of "to any sensible fans not involved in the disgusted unwarranted abuse of our manager, we can only apologise if they misinterpretted any alleged waving by the manager and were foolishly offended by it"....possibly followed by "we are not going to win the champions league as some fans expect".

Alty19

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 01:41:27 PM »

I couldn't give two sh*ts about my "credibility", I'm not running for election or trying to win a popularity contest here! It's not about me, it's about the club.

If I repeat myself it's because I'm not prepared to let this issue drop and just get forgotten about!

I wish People would just get over it...it happenned the club wont get rid of him and he wont leave cos we can not afford it.....I know a lot of managers who would of tolf the fans there wankers after gettin abuse......

Get over it And get behind the team you all sound like kids

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »

So if i as a customer came into your place of employment and voiced my displeasure about your performance, would you turn around call me a wanker and then expect to not have some sort of disciplinary action taken against you?

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »

I wish People would just get over it...it happenned the club wont get rid of him and he wont leave cos we can not afford it.....I know a lot of managers who would of tolf the fans there wankers after gettin abuse......

Get over it And get behind the team you all sound like kids

Thanks for that Graham/Geoff/Grahame (delete as appropriate)

Alex

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 02:01:55 PM »

So if i as a customer came into your place of employment and voiced my displeasure about your performance, would you turn around call me a wanker and then expect to not have some sort of disciplinary action taken against you?

i dunno mike if you came into my work and gave me abuse i think i'd do more than gesture towards you, i love the way everyone has acted as a result of this it makes me laugh. as no one has mentioned there disgust at the 40 or so fans who chanted "w*nker" at heathcote (without consideration for the ball boys or women present) or at those shouting the word c*nt at him. but  because he gestured back it's outragious

Alty365

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »

I'm not condoning all the things that people were shouting at him, however the difference is that Heathcote was there in his professional capacity as manager of Altrincham FC and therefore should have acted more professionally and not reacted like that.

I have been on the receiving end of verbal abuse in various jobs that I've done but had I responded to it in the way Graham did last Saturday I would still have been disciplined for my actions.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 club apology