PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rapidly going backwards
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rapidly going backwards  (Read 6494 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Rapidly going backwards
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »

Saturday was the worst standard of football I have ever seen in the conference.

I thought some of the abuse towards Graham was very harsh. I now believe it is time for a change but he has been one of the main reasons along with Geoff Goodwin why this club has not folded. Yeah his reaction was wrong but that is his love for the club.

The reasons why I believe we need a change is because we are going backwards. Some points from Saturday

1) Sorry to sound Harsh but Joe O'Neil is no where near this standard. He is weak, he panics and he just basically sh*te at finishing
2) Peyton again is still an average player who just whacks it up top without thinking
3) Our worst centre mid partnership since I can remember, we need a loan player ASAP.
4) McGregor should be captain
5) Young should be playing
6) If Graham has fallen out with Denham then he should swollen his pride because we need that kid playing every week

Some positives and only a couple, were a great performance by our right back and also great to see Elam play - direct and positive play instead of the negative shi*te we are use to.

Still changes need to be done but starters for me would have to be

GK Coburn
RB Densmore / Lane
LB Tierney/Young
CB McGregor
CB Young / Lane

LW Elam
RW Denham
CM - New player
CM - New player

CF Little
CF Senior / Johnson

Any other team apart from Lewes on Saturday we would have lost, we were that poor. Changes need to be done. Since the Barrow game we have gone back to our negative tatics and if this carries on theres only one outcome, relegation. We have the team to survive but we have better players sat on the bench or stood on the sidelines. For me we never ever get to see our best team play, not only that but to be given 5-6 games playing together. It is chop and change week in and week out. I love this club and have always stood by them but its breaking my heart watching this shi*e every week. Lets get the confidence, belief and attacking play back.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rapidly going backwards
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »

sad, but unfortunately true.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »

Just a couple of things:

"Love for the club" is not a valid excuse for that kind of insulting behaviour, nor will it ever be.

I didn't see hime play on Saturday but Anthony Danylyk has been one of the few bright points in the side this season and shuold definitely continue in the team.

Can't be arsed saying anything else......

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »

I've been impressed with Danylyk so far. I thought he looked small and struggle at first but I think he's the only creative player we have in the middle and for that he must start.

Oh good.. A FOOTBALL thread ....

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:37:10 AM »

Yes. It's got to be Danylyk and a.n.other in centre midfield.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »

What about Kevin Street? He's not exactly been given much of a chance yet has he?

VofD

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:45:15 AM »

Starting with O'Neill is like starting with 10 men.He is completely out of his depth at this level.Can't Heathcote see that( oh no I nearly forgot.He is CLUELESS)

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »

The first post in this thread was an excellent one and the team suggested was basically the one most of us would choose. Once again though, it is NOT the team we will see on Tuesday. How many more times does this need saying?

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »

Where is Tierney? Not in the squad on Sat? Surely he is worth being on the bench - if not quite match fit?

Anybody got any ideas?

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »

The first post in this thread was an excellent one and the team suggested was basically the one most of us would choose. Once again though, it is NOT the team we will see on Tuesday. How many more times does this need saying?

That is the only problem. As i have mentioned in another thread we all know what our best team is in terms of what he fans want (a bit of entertainment and fight) and also the best in terms of going out to have a go at a team and having a decent chance of putting the ball in the net.

Longman

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »

That is the only problem. As i have mentioned in another thread we all know what our best team is in terms of what he fans want (a bit of entertainment and fight) and also the best in terms of going out to have a go at a team and having a decent chance of putting the ball in the net.

But instead we learn that O Neill is starting up front!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »

I agree that Joe is out of his depth at Conference level. But as was pointed out to me on Saturday, at least he is arsed about playing for us. Johnson, from what I have been told sound like the next Joz Mitten, only with a contract   :(

lukealty12

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 03:50:24 PM »

What about starting densmore centre mid?

Alex

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

I agree that Joe is out of his depth at Conference level. But as was pointed out to me on Saturday, at least he is arsed about playing for us. Johnson, from what I have been told sound like the next Joz Mitten, only with a contract   :(

peter thompson without the barneys

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 04:36:57 PM »

Personally I think it's right to give people a bit of time. Consequently, I think it's unfair to start getting on Johnson's back this early in the season. I think he has the potential to do well for us, he wins a decent amount of aerial balls (unlike anyone else up front for us) and has played well in patches. For all we know he may have been carrying a couple of niggly injuries and only been able to play at 75 per cent.

I'm also going to stick my neck out and defend O'Neill. I accept he isn't of a sufficient standard to be starting in the Conference; not week-in, week-out anyway. However, I think he's useful as someone to throw into the mix when we're chasing a goal. You couldn't ever question his desire, that's for sure.

As it happens, and as a bit of a side-issue, my view of Peyton is more or less the same as my view of O'Neill. He certainly doesn't deserve the flak he gets on here anyway.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rapidly going backwards