PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodwin comment....
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goodwin comment....  (Read 5456 times)

Garveys Brother

Re: Goodwin comment....
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »

Maybe Goodwin thinks we want Heathcote out so we can try and get up there with the bigger teams with a new manager and thats why he want investment, because he thinks we will put pressure on him to give the club more money and try and get in to the top halve of the table.

Alty365

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »

Maybe Goodwin thinks we want Heathcote out so we can try and get up there with the bigger teams

If he really does think that he is as thick as two short planks.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »

Do all the other teams have Sugar daddies? Or are they running up huge debts? The latter I feel.

The club is solvent and generally all volunteers. The other week i saw GR painting the gates in his suit!

GH yesterdaty was frustrated with the team as he was telling the players what to do and they still punted the ball 60 yards. A thankless job generally.

He should stay.

Alty365

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »

GH yesterdaty was frustrated with the team as he was telling the players what to do and they still punted the ball 60 yards. A thankless job generally.

He should stay.

I'm not saying all the fans acted perfectly but what GH did yesterday was completely unacceptable. You cannot blame the players in any way for his appalling behaviour.

His position is now completely untenable and he has to go.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 11:25:36 PM »

SJ, Graham does need to calm down and should not insult the fans, he is over passionate?

He should definately apologise. and curb the attitude, afterall we all want the same thing? Success!!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 12:27:43 AM »

Where do I start?

The fans expect to do well in the Conference now

No we don't expect to "do well". We just expect to compete better and maybe stay up of our own accord!

‘He’s not under pressure’, said Goodwin. 'Graham doesn’t enjoy getting beat any more than the fans do. You can’t always blame the manager. You could sack him but where would you find the money to pay the next manager and bring in more players? It’s not about changing the manager, it’s about being realistic

Same old bullsh*t! Why don't they just have the balls to admit they love Graham and won't sack him under any circumstances? I might actually respect them if they had the honesty to admit it.

This club is now a joke - run by the clique for the clique. They don't give a sh*t about Altrincham F.C. or its fans.

Welcome to Graham Heathcote F.C.

As ever, I think as well intentioned as these comments are I always look at them and think what?

He doesn't like getting beat any more  than the fans do. I'm sure most managers don't. And amidst all the criticism that GH gets I don't think him not being arsed about the result is one that spring to mind.

I would also presume that money for the next manager would be the funds saved by having dispensed with the previous incumbent. Obviously there would be employemnt law issues but even so.

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 04:24:22 AM »

I respect most of what geoff said apart from this bit;

The fans expect to do well in the Conference now.

If this read "The fans expect with the players we've got we should be at least competing and entertaining" Geoff would be spot on.

Any clues on how to make Mr Goodwin understand and get the message we know our limitations and that we expect it to be a struggle every year and that we don't really want a sugar Daddy and we the fans defintely don't ant a new chairman undoing all the work this and previous boards have done in unravelling the debt??

Incidentally, when did we pay off Mr Berman?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »

All I have thought about is ... not the w*nker sign, or the shouting amongst the supporters and management, that sort of thing is sadly expected but the not allowing the players to come over to the fans. If there is only an apology for one thing then it should be that. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen at Altrincham Football Club.

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 09:50:52 AM »

Along with disgruntled paying customers being shown where the door is.

"Rude" is not a big enough word to describe it.

And, for the record, there should be a full and frank apology for the w@nker signs etc. accompanied by the resignation of the manager. 

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »

There should indeed be a full and frank apology.

If there isn't then that represents a far more revealing v-sign does it not?

No-one doubts Graham's passion for the club.....but if he is allowed passion and to show it surely everyone else is?

There is a contradicton in the 'cote's actions and then not letting the players acknowledge the fans for getting behind the team beciause of similar actions by a small proportion of said fans which smacks of indecent and unacceptable arrogance.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »

I'm quite dismayed by the lack of apology. I can't believe (as far I am aware) nothing was mentioned at the Meet the Recruits night. It just proves how arrogant GH (and in turn, the board) have become.

This whole episode is extremely depressing :(

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 10:35:59 AM »

I respect most of what geoff said apart from this bit; "The fans expect to do well in the Conference now." If this read "The fans expect with the players we've got we should be at least competing and entertaining" Geoff would be spot on.

Bang on, Jezza.

This, on paper, is the best group of players we've had here in years. That they're not competing would seem to me to be down to them not being played in the correct formations, not being coached correctly and not having the right tactics instilled into them.

Too many times we go into games either without a plan or with the strategy of playing on the break. We end up getting slaughtered.

All these deficiencies are down to the manager. Part of the manager's job is to get a decent bunch of players - he's done that. Doing these other things is also a big part of his job - one that he is patently not capable of fulfilling.

Look at a side like FGR. Harvey is able to get the best out of his players who generally are no better than ours.

GH needs to go.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

VofD

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 10:39:26 AM »

I respect most of what geoff said apart from this bit; "The fans expect to do well in the Conference now." If this read "The fans expect with the players we've got we should be at least competing and entertaining" Geoff would be spot on.

Bang on, Jezza.

This, on paper, is the best group of players we've had here in years. That they're not competing would seem to me to be down to them not being played in the correct formations, not being coached correctly and not having the right tactics instilled into them.

Too many times we go into games either without a plan or with the strategy of playing on the break. We end up getting slaughtered.

All these deficiencies are down to the manager. Part of the manager's job is to get a decent bunch of players - he's done that. Doing these other things is also a big part of his job - one that he is patently not capable of fulfilling.

Look at a side like FGR. Harvey is able to get the best out of his players who generally are no better than ours.

GH needs to go.

Correct.

Longman

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »

All I have thought about is ... not the w*nker sign, or the shouting amongst the supporters and management, that sort of thing is sadly expected but the not allowing the players to come over to the fans. If there is only an apology for one thing then it should be that. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen at Altrincham Football Club.

I agree, I felt a genuine sadness when that happened.

I would love to know what the players thought of it, I know a couple like Stu still managed to give us an ovation.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodwin comment....