News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So everythings OK now then?

Author Topic: So everythings OK now then?  (Read 3033 times)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »

Quite simply no it is not..

GH, Total and utter prat (as if we did not know that already!)

Not because of his actions, although they are completely out of order. I think the only person that wants him at this club is the chairman - who has his eyes on other things (his sons karting career!)

I don't doubt that GH has a knowledge of the Non-league and does thoroughly read the NL paper every week. But in all honesty to add to his gutteral demeanour, the guy is tactically inept!!

Where was Denham? Apparently the rumour was he's sick? Is that all they could come up with? At least be honest and tell us if he's still our player?

Where was Tierney? Has he not chased him for a while? He has played at a much better standard, does he not warrant a place in the squad?

Greg Young did well when he came on, make no bones. But if he is the choice ahead of Dale Johnson, then what message does that send out? Admittedly, Johnson has not been playing well, but he is a striker.

The subs were V strange as well!!! Doughty for Little, O' Neill to right wing??  I don't get it, how can the man justify his position? He has clearly lost the dressing room and the majority of the fans. The fans were quite right to sing what they did today and it should contninue until he finally gets the message!

We have 3 very tough games in the next 10 days. All of which we will be the underdogs in.. Hopefully the feelings of the crowd will not be lost on GH and he will finally do the decent thing and fall on his sword and leave this proud club, before he ruins it once and for all (although given his joviality in the bar after the game this is very unlikely)

Finally, well done to the lads today, a tough task against a stubborn team. We finally broke them down, but we are going to have to improve ten fold to stand a chance in the next 3 games. Lets hope the words of the captain in the match programme today ring true.

Garveys Brother

Re: So everythings OK now then?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:41:24 PM »

I do think it is time to resign, but i don'think he would go to a different club, i think he will carry on at alty in another, more bits and bobs job. But i would just like to say that heathcote was out of order and the alty fas shouldn't have done waht they did during the game either adn no one can justify either of them. Lastly you can't call him a prat when he is so frustrated because of what happened at the game and you don't know him personally so he might actually be a nice guy when he is not in that situation.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the club does not owe Graham Heathcote a living! I also would not want him there potentially undermining a new manager.

If he goes it's got to be the whole hog, not some token position "upstairs".

Garveys Brother

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »

I meant because he has been with alty so long he might do something with kit or fundraising, nothing that could undermine another manager.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:53:02 PM »

I meant because he has been with alty so long he might do something with kit or fundraising, nothing that could undermine another manager.

We had a situation previously where he undermined a manager just by being around. I never want to see that happen again.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »

There is never a role "upstairs" at any club for an ex-manager.

Liverpool & Shankly - clean cut.  Success followed for years

Scumchester Utd & Busby - hung around for years.  Years of nothing...(happy times!!)

There is only ONE ALTY.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »

Something with kit?  Are you f**king real?

Garveys Brother

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »

I am not sying he should do these things im saying hes been with the club so long, would he really just have a clean cut or would he try and do something tedious.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »

I am not sying he should do these things im saying hes been with the club so long, would he really just have a clean cut or would he try and do something tedious.

Give the man some credit. I think he has far more about him (despite what many of us may think at the moment) than to accept some token bit-part of a position. I think the time to go has long since past; he should have gone last season. I said at the time it was a massive gamble keeping him on and if things didn't work (which I think a lot suspected) out that it would all get VERY ugly. There is no satisfaction to be gained from being right either.

I find all of this VERY saddening. The club I grew up loving (and still do) is now in ridiculous turmoil. GH was an excellent player and an excellent manager at lower levels for us. He does not become a useless goon overnight. Nobody can doubt his passion for the club, or his commitment and he obviously is trying his best. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be good enough. I do not want him to be remembered for all of this.

I really hope this situation is resolved sooner rather than later. It is very sad when such a rift forms between a dedicated club man and the fans. He should have been regarded as an Alty legend and not as a pathetic, overly-emotional manager. He should have been able to leave with his head held high.

THIS NEEDS TO BE SORTED OUT ASAP for all concerned.

For the record, despite my feelings on needing a new manager, I find the antics of both fans and GH today slightly unsavoury, but understand the strong depth of feeling on both sides. I was not there to witness it and in one way I'm glad.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »

Give the man some credit. I think he has far more about him (despite what many of us may think at the moment) than to accept some token bit-part of a position. I think the time to go has long since past; he should have gone last season. I said at the time it was a massive gamble keeping him on and if things didn't work (which I think a lot suspected) out that it would all get VERY ugly. There is no satisfaction to be gained from being right either.

I find all of this VERY saddening. The club I grew up loving (and still do) is now in ridiculous turmoil. GH was an excellent player and an excellent manager at lower levels for us. He does not become a useless goon overnight. Nobody can doubt his passion for the club, or his commitment and he obviously is trying his best. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be good enough. I do not want him to be remembered for all of this.

I really hope this situation is resolved sooner rather than later. It is very sad when such a rift forms between a dedicated club man and the fans. He should have been regarded as an Alty legend and not as a pathetic, overly-emotional manager. He should have been able to leave with his head held high.

THIS NEEDS TO BE SORTED OUT ASAP for all concerned.

For the record, despite my feelings on needing a new manager, I find the antics of both fans and GH today slightly unsavoury, but understand the strong depth of feeling on both sides. I was not there to witness it and in one way I'm glad.

Agree 100% with everything you have said here.

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 09:03:21 PM »

An excellent post....unfortunatly it will probably go totally under the club radar and we the fans who have constantly said such respectful things about Graham heathcote and the board will again be tarnished as ignorant football manager playing trouble makers....which is a huge reason for our turmoil.

I remember one of our most famous ex fans describing the 'cote as an affable witty charming bloke...before saying he could never set foot in the ground again.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »

Something with kit?  Are you f**king real?

maybe he could do the laundry...or work in the snack bar with james?...the possibilities are surely endless?

After a day of turmoil Ecky's passionate retort raised a wry smile for me....nice one.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team