PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 he's lost the dressing room
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: he's lost the dressing room  (Read 8505 times)

dino

« on: September 20, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »

that is the only conclusion from that performance

as for the obscene gesticulations to some of the best supporters in non league, it beggars belief.  there were women and young ballboys watching him.

the only way forward is probably a supporters trust. the structure of the club is a mess.

get him out, get a positive young manager in, and lets give it a good go

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: he's lost the dressing room
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »

A bit reactionary as ever Dino. If he is to leave and that may be an option after today, why does the whole club need to restructure? I don't understand.

The current board have given us a club; no question. The debts we had would have swallowed us under poorer stewardship. If Heathcote is to go they are perfectly capable of appointing a successor.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

dino

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 05:34:24 PM »

when heathcote goes so will GG. i dont think the club will attract a money man, and a good supporters trust will keep us in the black.

this is not reactionary, that was unacceptable to most people today

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 05:38:45 PM »

The club statement is interesting; perhaps along the lines you say?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »

I hugely appreciate the mature and dignified statement from the board.

Dear God not a supporters Turst...not if you don't want us to disappear in a cloud of embarassing infighting.

The board have run the club as it should be run...we need a similar bunch of dedicated chaps to run it in a similar way.

Do we want to move onto the next level? which is full time being funded by a money man...and how will a Trust fund that?

We have always as fans accepted our level...we have never been daft enoungh to shout sack the board, where's the money gone etc....all we have asked for is to be entertained, enjoy the ride and if we are to go down, to go down with a fight.....I think most fans would accept us being a yo-yo club as long as we battle for very point and try to win games instead of trying to draw them.

I hope if this is a pre cursor to an exit it is a dignified one where we can remain friends and forever grateful to 3 men who have indeed done a streling and much appreciated job...as opposed to a falling out undignified exit such as we may experience with the 'cote....silly really.

We have never put unfair expectations on this board have we? we have never asked to win the league?

we just want a fight! and pride.

Garveys Brother

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »

as for the obscene gesticulations to some of the best supporters in non league, it beggars belief.  there were women and young ballboys watching him.

The ballboys and women were watching those loyal alty fans antaginising him and them doing gestures every 10 seconds at him so don't say that the fans were well behaved.

Butty

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »

What does that matter? If I went into any other business and abused a member of staff who is blatently underperforming, they would not make an indecent gesture back to me.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:47:06 PM by Butty »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 06:23:46 PM »

Dino....please speak out of your mouth and not out of your a**e. "Sack the board"....what a Kn**head
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »

I hugely appreciate the mature and dignified statement from the board. Dear God not a supporters Turst...not if you don't want us to disappear in a cloud of embarassing infighting. The board have run the club as it should be run...we need a similar bunch of dedicated chaps to run it in a similar way. Do we want to move onto the next level? which is full time being funded by a money man...and how will a Trust fund that? We have always as fans accepted our level...we have never been daft enoungh to shout sack the board, where's the money gone etc....all we have asked for is to be entertained, enjoy the ride and if we are to go down, to go down with a fight.....I think most fans would accept us being a yo-yo club as long as we battle for very point and try to win games instead of trying to draw them. I hope if this is a pre cursor to an exit it is a dignified one where we can remain friends and forever grateful to 3 men who have indeed done a streling and much appreciated job...as opposed to a falling out undignified exit such as we may experience with the 'cote....silly really. We have never put unfair expectations on this board have we? we have never asked to win the league? we just want a fight! and pride.

Very well said indeed.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »

Time to go GH.

Thanks for the good times.

Thanks for the promotion.

Thanks for your part in securing the club.

But please, it is time to move on.

One Alty.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 07:44:26 PM »

as for the obscene gesticulations to some of the best supporters in non league, it beggars belief.  there were women and young ballboys watching him.

The ballboys and women were watching those loyal alty fans antaginising him and them doing gestures every 10 seconds at him so don't say that the fans were well behaved.
I object as I said to Grahame Rowley, the number of fans behind the goal shouting at Heathcoate was very small (I reackon about 4 or 5 but it may have been a few more) the obscene jesture was well well well out of order. other comments prior to this were just bizarre
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Garveys Brother

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »

I was right next to them and it was around 20, but some weren't with the main group.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 07:55:44 PM by Garveys Brother »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 11:09:45 PM »

Glad I am not the Vics manager. I would have been lynched by know.

As on the main site he has them in for extra training. What more can he do?

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 11:14:13 PM »

Glad I am not the Vics manager. I would have been lynched by know.

As on the main site he has them in for extra training. What more can he do?

I think this is the point though. He has done everything he can and it's not working, so the natural thing to do next is bring in someone with different ideas and a fresh approach.

dino

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 10:22:36 AM »

for all his sabre rattling, xtra training and puffing out of chest this week, i did not see much of a response from his players.. I think that like us ,they are totally bemused by a manager flailing about in the water,about to drown.

as for the supporters reaction yesterday...............heathcote has made a career out of abusing officials with offensive language and more recently throwing punches at managers and chairman.  Just imagine some of the board,they must be scared stiff of Heathcote and his 2 henchmen.Thats how Mugabe survived

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team