PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Divisive Threads
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Divisive Threads  (Read 5688 times)

Alty365

Re: Divisive Threads
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 10:46:12 PM »

But Barrow and Histon are no better off than we are and they are ticking along very nicely. I don't think finance is AS BIG a factor as we all might have been led to believe. I'm not saying it's not a factor but the financial and part time angles are being blown apart by the above clubs at the moment.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »

I don't know much about Barra but I'm pretty sure Histon are heavily backed financially.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 10:49:08 PM »

Histon part time, hmmmmmmm :D

I think they might be part time in the same way Burton are.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 10:54:57 PM »

if we had done Eastbourne, perhaps Salisbury too I suspect all would be hugs and kisses on here?

Well, yeh, probably because the team would be making progress. We'd have 6 more points, 12 from 8 would be a return far closer to our mark.

But we didn't, we failed to put away a very moderate part time football team with not much more resources than us. However, they've got 7 more points than we have, clearly it is possible. Ditto Barrow, Histon and to a lesser extent Salisbury City. So I'mnot quite sure that I see you're point, if you're suggesting that we could or should have snatched 6 points instead of 1  I'm not so sure.

Nobody thinks we are this league financially, nobody thinks we're going to finish in the top 10 but the team has gone backwards from the 2006-07 season where teams had a scrap at Moss Lane regardless. It really has. We all beileve we can do better than we currently can. If people think we can't then there's not that much point in it all. Anybody who thinks we can't should probably be doing something else. And if you say we can't then a lot of people will.

I wish we had got 6 points as you mentioned, I wish we ahd put Barrow away I really do. I just fear this is going to get worse.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »

Its just that this sudden overwhelming display of dissent follows a difficult away game we would normally have not expected much from. It should wait till next week when I think we all would expect something better. Infighting now can only to me reduce the likelihood of that happening.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »

Its just that this sudden overwhelming display of dissent follows a difficult away game we would normally have not expected much from. It should wait till next week when I think we all would expect something better. Infighting now can only to me reduce the likelihood of that happening.

If we as fans go to games with that attitude what is the players attitudes ?

I think the times of 'didn't expect/don't expect' are long gone, and in the last few seasons it is the teams of that calibre we have gotten something from..

Oxford away few seasons back, Exeter at home too, and a few weeks ago Wrexham...

Part time is no longer an excuse, neither is fitness to be honest, and finance as all them points have been blown to bits and  proven invalid at other clubs.

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 05:20:44 AM »

Isn't it riidiculous entering the FA Cup this year? we should pull out now as we're never gonna beat anyone we get drawn against....in fact, we may as well resign from the league...OK we may beat lewes but the rest of them we are never gonna beat, we might just string a few passes together at most....that's the attitude!

markecky

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 08:17:29 AM »

I'll go home and wax lyrical to the wife "yes, we lost but you should have seen how we held on to it for 2-3 minutes"

The Fan

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 08:33:23 AM »

Are some people for real? What has to happen for people to wake up and smell the coffee. It's like every sunday, a Dads Army of Alty fans get together and make sure they have all potential "divisive threads" covered to explain another joke performance.

"We only had 2-3 mins of possession" - "that's because we're part time" ...................
"GH is a joke" - "he has done a lot for this club you know" .............
"We were awful on Saturday" - "We can't have ever expected to win that game" ................. etc etc

People bemoan the lack of support both on this forum and in the stands on matchday but the simple fact is that the club should be thankful that supporters passions for this club run so high. Based on the product that is served up for £12 a week, they are extremely lucky to have us. 

The excuses are gone now. They have all ran out. I didn't go to Stevenage or Eastbourne but if I had travelled "x" hundred miles to see total drivel, I would be even more livid about this "if you go to Stevenage, don't expect us to to put up a fight, let alone win" bull***t that gets served up on here. 

Rant Over.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:59:05 AM by The Fan »

VofD

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »

he spent a hell of a lot of the second half engaged in conversation with other fans whilst his team offered nothing on the pitch. 

It's also worth adding that this was not an isolated incident either. It happens at nearly every away ground we play at and also at home for that matter.
Only, at home, the fans get abused and threatened. >:( >:(

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 09:03:59 AM »

sw, you seem to be in the  small minority who doesnt want a change ,

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 09:33:03 AM »

That is not what I am saying at all although what good it would do I'm unsure. Getting someone committed and knowlegeable about this level and the local scene will not be straightforward.

My comments relate to a sudden groundswell of opinion coming after a difficult away game most would admit if only to themselves that it isn't on the "list" of expected results. I believe the influx of new players have created an expectation that hasn't been around for many years.

Alty365

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »

I see your point mate but I don't think it's so much the result at Stevenage in isolation that has acted as the catalyst for this situation. It's down to a series of progressively poorer performances, culminating in what I belive was a completely gutless display last Saturday. There is a clear downward trend in our performances which needs to be turned around at all costs. There is now a growing concensus that Graham's shelf life has reached its natural end and we as fans just want thr results turned around before it's too late.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 10:08:08 AM »

My comments relate to a sudden groundswell of opinion coming after a difficult away game most would admit if only to themselves that it isn't on the "list" of expected results. I believe the influx of new players have created an expectation that hasn't been around for many years.

ROFL......jaysus wept, nurse, I think my sides have split.

I, for one, did not expect any more from this season even after the signings (and it gives me no pleasure to say that). We all expect life to be difficult for us in this league at the moment, but all most people are looking for is some sort of fight. Christ, this is like an old record stuck in an ever deepening groove. I refer you to a posting I made after the last game of last season (nothing has changed):

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=5419.msg51689#msg51689

This is all very sad and all very tiresome and you are correct, it does no good for us, the players, the club or indeed Heathcote. I'm sure most people in their heart of hearts would love to see Heathcote succeed and prove us wrong, but how long do you keep waiting for that to happen?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

thegazelle

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »

But surely sw the arrival of quality players wsuch as elam and denham should make us think in a more positive way.
Personally, i knew there was no way we would win at stevenage (is it right that i think that way)mty main bugbear is the manner of defeat, and i can only go off what few games i have seen. Woking we played well thus giving fresh hope for a fresh season, barrow we played well but made crazy mistakes at the back but we had a go at the them . kiddie we were woeful there was no passion and we barely strang three passes together all game, to me the team looked deflated. i believe we have the players but dont play them to the best of there ability.
draw your own conclusions where i stand in the great debate
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:13:53 AM by thegazelle »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Divisive Threads