PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Divisive Threads
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Divisive Threads  (Read 5690 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Divisive Threads
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »

A lot of this stuff on here serves no purpose at all apart from causing division. There will always be pro and anti people in any situation however all this infighting crap serves no one but our opponents. Geoff Goodwin runs the club, he will or should decide what happens.

For me GH has listened and brought in a good selection of signings. Stevenage are much better than Alty and we were never going to win there against a side who have dropped points and are determined to prove a point and get on track. We did badly against Barrow and Salisbury, hopefully we should beat Lewes; not if this negative sh*t continues though.

If you read Stevenage's board you will see GH gets a pretty good reception. I guess due to his reputation a selection of fans attempted to wind him up whereas he seems to have responded with humour. Those of ours slagging him may understandably not realised this, but it seems he wasn't engaged in a petulant row........as for his opinion of female officials, well no comment.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

Re: Divisive Threads
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:16:54 PM »

There was a game on the time.  His team were playing behind his back, with no pattern or formation.  Behind the goal 80 people, most who had spent £50 on the day, had to watch.

I'm glad the Stevenage fans enjoyed a laugh and a joke.  I personally didn't find it very f*cking funny.

thegazelle

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:18:27 PM »

f**k it sw dont be frightened of phil taylor he is just trying to get in in amy's knickers (or any girls team)
football is for men full stop

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »

No Ecky but as people behind the goal thought he wasn't kicking off. People behind were seemingly trying to wind him up based on his reputation. It seems he responded with humour and maturity, as far as the situation allowed. Perhaps people would rather he was sent to the stand.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 10:22:46 PM »

Stevenage are much better than Alty and we were never going to win there

Did you do the team talk on saturday?

Its this defeatest approach that we seem to have adopted in recent years that kills me,its all about giving clubs to much repsect, stevenage are f**king sh*t.... at best a moderate midtable side with reasonable forward line, eastbourne who are even sh*tter will tell you that.Just because a team is called stevenage or oxford united doesnt mean we shouldnt try and beat them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:29:16 PM by Hughesy »

markecky

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 10:25:54 PM »

I'm not bothered if he was laughing, joking or fighting them. 

The fact was he spent a hell of a lot of the second half engaged in conversation with other fans whilst his team offered nothing on the pitch.  I cannot understand that.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:27:30 PM by markecky »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »

Perhaps people would rather he was sent to the stand.

Perhaps people would rather the formation wasnt changed twice in the first half,and rather that players knews who was supposed to be playing where, and perhaps people would rather see the manager peforming the half time team talk.Are we not allowed to object now? Praise when praise is due, so let people have their say, saturday was a real low point.

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »

he spent a hell of a lot of the second half engaged in conversation with other fans whilst his team offered nothing on the pitch. 

It's also worth adding that this was not an isolated incident either. It happens at nearly every away ground we play at and also at home for that matter.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 10:29:03 PM »

Behave! They were very organised and we would never have scored there if we were playing now. I love your passion but sometimes realism is necessary. We played better on Saturday against a good side than we would have in previous seasons. At least we had some possession and passed the ball. We just did not have the ability or more the confidence to break them down with the last pass.

How this collective diatribe against the players and management is supposed to help I'm at a loss to understand.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 10:30:35 PM »

On the subject of Amy Raynor, I think she was the best ref we've had this season.Let the game flow,kept bookings to minimal,got most decisions right (only time I thought she got it wrong was an offside against us,though I heard but didn't see, Stevenage should have had a penalty beforehand but it was turned down).We are quick to moan about refs,but rarely praise a good one.

And maybe it was good of him to laugh it off,but the best thing would be to just ignore it and concentrate trying to get a way back in the game (I know we as fans knew the game was gone,but a manager should never think that at 2-0 down,get 1 back and who knows)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 10:33:52 PM »

I don't think most people are saying a word against the players though. In fact, most people are now recognising that we have good players who are being organised so poorly that they are looking bad.

Fault 100% lies with the manager here. His off-the-field antics during games are just the final insult.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 10:34:15 PM »

Behave! They were very organised and we would never have scored there if we were playing now. I love your passion but sometimes realism is necessary. We played better on Saturday against a good side than we would have in previous seasons. At least we had some possession and passed the ball. We just did not have the ability or more the confidence to break them down with the last pass.

How this collective diatribe against the players and management is supposed to help I'm at a loss to understand.

Did we not win on the same ground season before last with a poorer squad???? And if "at least having some possession and passing the ball" is what you hold out for, then fair do's,But with respect Im not prepaired to waste a day sitting in a minibus for 8 hours to to see us have some f**king possession.People seem to forget we're playing in the same league as these clubs, barrow and eastbourne and histon dont seem to bemoan or appear disadvantaged by that fact.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 10:34:26 PM »

I kind of agree about changing things early but who knows what was expected at kick off and what transpired. I admit to being confused as to the removal of Elam and Denham though. I think that really reduced our options having earlier brought Senior on and taken a defender off.

Bottom line, Stevenage are not sh1t, they are one of the league's stronger sides, if we had done Eastbourne, perhaps Salisbury too I suspect all would be hugs and kisses on here?

markecky

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 10:36:09 PM »

I am at a loss to celebrate having some possession.

People standards have dropped so low that a 3-0 defeat without a fight, 1 shot, some of the worst free kicks I have ever seen is now accepted by some.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42:22 PM »

I agree possession does not win games but having seen so many when we camp in our own half and when we get the ball it is hoofed out into random land to allow them to regroup and press forward again its a fckn step up!

We are not in this league financially. a tragedy to me who saw us as a top non league side in the 70's/80's but we did not compete off the field. We need to accept that sadly Alty are no longer massive in non league circles, if we are to gain ground its a long way back.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Divisive Threads