PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can we agree ......
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can we agree ......  (Read 4504 times)

The Fan

Re: Can we agree ......
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 04:37:26 PM »

When did we last panic (in pure footballing terms - not financial)? Woking have only had 7 games of it - we have had 3 seasons worth !!!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »

As I have said before I was not happy with team selections \ tactics last season and to say 3 seasons is harsh as the "Robinson affair" was just unofortunate and should not be counted as far as I'm concerned.

This is GH's first attempt with no debt and he has practically built a new side for this season. These players aren't going to gel straight away and will still be learning one another. We are part time (sorry had to say) so will take longer to 'gel' as they get less chance to be with one another.

I will be judging after 15 games, as there is still plenty of times to change things after then.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:48:08 PM by gazwarrington »

william122

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 05:10:33 PM »

we are now drifting towards another season of pain and are already on target for relegation

1. We're outside the relegation zone
2. We've played just seven games (more away than at home)
3. Many new faces means at times we'll look disjointed, but we need to give the players time to gel as a team

Please just give the team at least 'til Christmas and then take stock. We have the players to be fifth bottom or better, I'm sure of it.

VofD

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »

I'd be interested if we are on an average of a point per game and in the bottom 4 by xmas I'd be interested if there is anyone out there who would still say give the 'cote another chance...we can't be simply unlucky for 3 months can we?

I expect to see us improve and start to look quite consistent by October.

with the hard work done by the board in clearing our debt I'd expect them to be most unhappy seeing a highly improved and ambitious budget achieve no improvement as it would surely be an insult to their incredible talents.

Obviously the fans don't count as we only contribute (what is it?) 10% through the turnstile....but I'd have thought the directors would want their superhuman efforts to be met with some degree of respectability on the pitch.

I expect the 'cote has already been told mid table by xmas or you're out on your ear never to darken our doorstep again....after all our club is being run like a well run business and well run businesses are ruthless and do not allow sentiment to get in the way of results.

I would very, very much doubt that. >:( >:(

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:17:56 AM »

VofD..may i respectfully suggest you read my post again and appreciate the new angle i am approaching this one from?

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »

What is interesting this season is a clear split of fans who say he should go and those who say he should stay. Last year alot of people were grey about the issue, this year is appears black and white in opinions.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »

Opinions are like bacteria, we all have them. Some friendly, some downright nasty. What is obvious is that whatever any of us fans may think, the board and the management of this club have their own ideas and will not be swayed by public opinion (evidenced by last season). They may be right, they be wrong, but they will stand firm.

Perhaps we should all be taking a daily dose of Altymel, with added Heathcotus Respecticus to bolster the feel good factor and help fight against the rising tide of negative opinions.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can we agree ......