PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 warren peyton
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: warren peyton  (Read 5544 times)

RocketDan

warren peyton
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »

good to see him back. We better start him against wrexham. Ellam doesnt look too bothered or fit. doughty is always out of position and gives the ball away to easy. Warren runs his heart out for the team and pulls all the string, we look a different team with him in.   Give him a go

markecky

Re: warren peyton
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 05:38:18 PM »

Warren Peyton turned a dire performance into an average one.  Well done to him, and credit Chris Denham who never stopped running.

Never see so many 20 yd passes in a straight line go astray.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »

good to see him back. We better start him against wrexham. Ellam doesnt look too bothered or fit. doughty is always out of position and gives the ball away to easy. Warren runs his heart out for the team and pulls all the string, we look a different team with him in.   Give him a go
With the exception of his missed chance the Kidderminster commentators seemed to think that Elam and Denham looked like our biggest threats....

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:59:48 PM »

peyton did well when he came on, tidied the game up abit.
fair result.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 06:14:52 PM »

Warren did well but he was playing central not out wide.

Elam was class and the best player in the first half by a country mile.

Very weak in centre mid.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »

Very weak in centre mid.

Agreed. I'm worried about centre mid. Still not convinced about Street and Lawton was chasing shadows for most of the game. Denhem (my man of the match) ran himself into the ground - Elam did well 1st half. Johnson tried hard but was ineffective against the big center-halves - made a difference when Senior came on and worried Kettering's defenders.
we do need to sort out the centre of midfield and keep hold of the ball.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 08:46:34 PM »

Very weak in centre mid.

FFS if he came on and scored a hat-trick you would say 'oh well right place right time anyone could have done that' when I saw he was coming on I thought it was strange as I see Warren more defensive minded, he came on and changed the game, end of ! His corner supplied the goal and he did nothing but drive forward and played forward attacking balls. He deserves credit !!

Logan is no longer at this club and yet you are to still reason peoples opinions on him, Warren is STILL at the club !!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »

That was Doughty's second poor game in days, just hope we improv. McGregor, Young and Coburn seemed to be communicating a bit more today at least.

Who made the challenge for the penalty ? Was it Lane or Street couldn't quite see..

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 09:05:07 PM »

It was Lawton that gave the penalty away. Clear pen. Agree with the above posts about the centre of midfield. Id like to see Danylyk start at Kiddy next week alongside Street with Robbie moving to right back. Lane was poor again today, his distribution simply isnt good enough.

HeyAlty

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:07 PM »

We created more chances without playing well. To be fair there keeper made a great double save. We played the ball long to often with the size of there centre halfs. Chris Denhams work rate was phenominal and his overall play was very good. To be honest Matt Doughty was poor defensively and his passing at times wasnt the best but he did offer good support to Peyton and Elam. Also im not suprised that we played quite defensively after conceding 4 on tuesday and to be fair i thought we did defend well. Lets hope we can mix the attacking football on Tuesday and solid defending together.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 11:16:09 PM »

I thought today's performance was woeful and lucky to get a point, how the ref didn't give a foul on the keeper for our goal I'll never know.

Bringing Peyton on for Elam was brave and inspired, it's not often that the introduction of Peyton on will make us look better attacking but it did.

For my money Elam has so far a massive disapointment knowing how good he can be. Don't no whether he's not match fit (in which case loan him out until he is) or he' not arsed (in which case we're stuck). I know Doughtery didn't pass the ball greatly today but there were at least two instances when he knocked it down the left flank but Elam was hiding in the middle of the pitch.

It's going to be another dog fight of season for survival on today's performance.

Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 11:40:17 PM »

Elam looked better in the Exeter team because he had better players around him?

I can assure you he looked pissed off when substituted and I am sure he will improve. As other people say we are not bossing midfield and lawton is currently like a duck out of water. Perhaps the captaincy is affecting him.

For me Johnson has been a let down? perhaps not fit?

Unfair to say we were lucky to get a point, I thought we had enough good chances to score 4 today.

Confused why GH sat in the stand and on his mobile too CH all the time.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 01:52:55 AM »

For me Johnson has been a let down? perhaps not fit?

WHAT???? Dale is a good player with a good touch, he puts himself about and wins balls in the air.

He wont score 10 goals this season, but he will knock enough balls down to little and denham.

when you say he is a let down, i can only assume you thought we were signing Andy Johnson.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 09:03:29 AM »

Johnson a let down ?
You obviously were not at Woking
He was brilliant up front and caused their defence all sorts of problems
Dale has taken an enournous amount of the workload off Colin and is just the player we need if we are going to pose any attacking threat particularly  away from home.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »

Confused why GH sat in the stand and on his mobile too CH all the time.

Because he is banned from the bench this has been for the 3rd match so far
@AltyDaz
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 warren peyton